The New Patch Made The Game Infuriatingly Broken, and Here's The List to Prove It.

Options
2»

Comments

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

They basically silenced criticism pointing out the bugs on top of old bugs during this period where they need people to buy there new licensed dlc characters, if they ever address it, it'll be like 3 months at the least from now. The dev stream said nothing about the sounds when people were talking about it in the chat but none of them acknowledged it.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

This is horrendous and not to mention the situation with the "legendary" skin tho there's nothing legendary about it. They just need to skip a chapter and do nothing but bug fixes and map balancing And DEAR GOD HIRE A NEW GAME BALANCER! Did you see him on the QandA stream? Hes a complete joke and probably has about 10 hours in the game total. They have the money to do it so there's excuse and I'm sick of putting up with it. Hire more people to fix bugs! Hire new game balancers and please please hire quality inspectors to actually make sure each new chapter doesn't break the game. You earn tens of millions and yet you do nothing. I've honestly lost a lot of faith in the game after this chapter. The only good thing was that pyramid head is a lot of fun and balanced but since survivors think he's broken I'm sure they'll nerf him into the ground.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

As a killer, I've been initiating the short attack from right behind a survivor on an obstacle in the perfect position to get a grab and I do not get a grab. Instead I hit the survivor, and I feel that if I'm close enough to stand still, click, and hit a survivor in an applicable interaction, it should be a grab.

Most of the added frustration for me from this patch stems from me initiating grabs next to a survivor on a generator, it failing, and not getting a hit or only getting a hit.

Additionally, I've had several matches as Myers with tombstone where I quite literally start to grab the survivor into the memento mori animation before the animation cancels and the survivor vaults away.

The game seems to be working as intended.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Teleporting I can vouch for on PS4 but only when downing them, I go to pick them up and I realise they are now about 10 foot to my left. Also happened once with downing a survivor whilst been pallet stunned, we both teleported to the others side. Nothing game breaking but weird.

I still have sound bug but mostly not hearing them on the ground.

Definitely had major problems with the lunge today, playing myers all day and even tier 3 lunge did a little slash. I must admit this was not every game, just did it on the games it felt like doing it. Maybe between a quarter to a third of games.

Grabbing is the opposite for me, still getting the unofficial stun of the game deciding it wasn't a grab after the animation is about halfway through but as survivor I have been grabbed when jumping from a locker and run about 3 feet away.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
  • TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

It really is considering they don't read the Feedback section because the guy with grey hair on the devs stream would have plenty of ideas on how to fix the clown.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2020
    Options

And it's 100% truth. Very nice. I've mostly just moved on to playing Titanfall 2 until the bugs are better, because at least THAT is less buggy than DBD and it was just released on steam.

Most of these are based on PC, but I have labled the ones that seem to be specifically to PS4 as such.

• silenthillgod100
    silenthillgod100 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Also: fun fact! Yesterday on Pale Rose the killer was chasing me under one of the decks (the one to the left of the shack and behind the boat), when I rounded a corner and tried to vault the window. Instead of vaulting I literally walked through the wall and realized there was no collision. I could walk through the wall freely, and even the killer could once I showed him. It's totally broken because, when I did it, the killer had no idea what happened and totally lost me. If I was a bad person I could easily abuse this. I have 1,000+ hours in this game, but I'm getting SO sick of all the bugs 😭

• MajorDuckFarts
    MajorDuckFarts Member Posts: 1
    Options

Guys don't worry, clown is actually balanced. We just didn't know it.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

They've addressed it and they continue to deny this is a thing.

It 100% is. This auto aim or whatever decides if you got the hit, needs adjusting.

Way too many times have I held the button for a full lunge, and for whatever reason it cuts short and whiffs. Thanks, but I wasn't done lunging.

• RockoRango
    Options

They’ve said since the beginning of the complains that it doesn’t affect your hits at all, the problem is that people KNOW there’s a problem and can’t find anything to blame it on but this (Which is justified).

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Just happened to me again. It was as if I tapped the attack, but I definitely was holding it down.

• RockoRango
    Options

Yup.

And don’t worry, they completely freaking DODGED the bugs and said that Clown is underrated.

Shoutouts to @SpaceCoconut

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    edited June 2020
    Options

thanks for list of bugs it should make devs see better , but how those bugs "coincidentally helps the survivors immensely" you say , i dont get it . I play on green ping and get hits after fully vaulted pallet aswel as 3 meter away from window , same with killers lunge and hits through thrown pallet . So I play both surv and killer on red ranks and i have to say its so easy to play killer nowdays with knownledge of how to benefit from these dedicated hits aswel as end game collapse where exit gates located right next to each other . And the new silent hill map on red ranks I played there was so few times where 2 people escaped and i dont remember 4 escape at all unless we got our good matchmaking against some 15 rank killer . New map in favour to killer and very hard to escape from because of long wide corridors and gens right in the open and exit gates opposite each other as always and in short distance . Oh yeah also bloodlust in 2020 after all maps reworked removed strong windows loops and pallets amount removed where we have maps with dead zones you tell me some meaningless bug make this game "coincidentally helps the survivors immensely" against solos this game in favor to killer from the start

• FixatedUser
    FixatedUser Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    Options

May I add that the Injured/Rescued survivor (on PS4, I do not play on PC) has weird, kind of Laggy movements? I had it once that I was rescued and my movement speed while running changed from super fast to super slow...and I've also glitched into a few objects, but I got pushed out shortly after.

• Jobra
    Jobra Member Posts: 27
    Options

Rather than any flashy cosmetic or any new characters, they need a DLC to address all these stupid bugs.

I'm willing to pay money on that if it is even possible XD

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

Bugged Movement after getting unhooked. Not just that I could press to the right, everytime I pressed A or D it looked like I was playing on a PS1.

(Timer is in the video linked. If it doesnt jump to the point [11:54] is the time)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options
  • Alien_Duck
    Alien_Duck Member Posts: 3
    Options

Last night I was playing as Demo on Midwich school.I tried to placed a portal on the second floor and he just wouldn't do it.I hold my open portals keys and even rapidly tap them but all Demo did was nodding his head,like he looked down a little bit then just stand still.I stand there confused as to what the hell just happened.

• Actionjacksn
    Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186
    Options

They simply want killers to play survivor thats all... there are too many killers and too few survivors! 😉

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2020
    Options

I actually found out how to reproduce the Oni bug. You need to have a downed survivor and a charged power. Use the power and immedietly after going into it pick up the survivor. Go to the next hook and hook the survivor. If done corretly the passive recharge rate of Onis power should have filled it up, exept you can't use it anymore.

• Alien_Duck
    Alien_Duck Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Options

I got stuck on the generator on the upper floor of midwich in the music room after I teleport to it.

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108
    Options

I would pay real money for Bug Fixing chapter. :)

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

I don't know what it is for sure, but i get micro lags every time since the patch. I guess it's something with the servers, because my connection is fine.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

No sound when hex gets cleaned, i can barely see the hooks and gens. Is this a bug?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,323
    Options

Have the problems with new map happened with this new map or are those just issues that have been with the map from the get go? Even though I feel like the map could be improved quite a bit, I don't find it too be that bad.

However, I can't actually believe that I am reading about BHVR having added even more bugs to the game's sound. This is getting more and more ridiculous. How do you even do that?

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RockoRango
    edited July 2020
    Options

The new patch was a month ago lol, a lot of the bugs have been addressed. The fact some bugs are still there are concerning, but at this point I’ve mostly left the game.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

It wouldn't matter though. After that, they will bring out a new DLC and be back where they started.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

"Generators generally don’t make any sounds, which is BEYOND ridiculous when the objective is generators."

I encountered this in a Freddy match on Haddonfield on PS4 a few days prior to the patch going live. I would pass by the vicinity of generators and not hear them making any sound, only to be dumbfounded to hear them pop moments later. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Also don't forget the bug that came with the release of Pyramid Head which makes hitting survivors who are unhooking impossible. Also Plague is unplayable since the latest patch, another major screwup. Kinda makes you think they'd have YandereDev in charge of their coding.