How Would You Feel About Pop Culture Horror Figures in DBD?

Options

I've heard many people advocate for killers like Slenderman or FNaF and I want to know what people on the forums think about it.

Comments

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

The SCP Foundation would also be a fun addition! Imagine something like a D-Class survivor with perks based on practical skills, or a scientist able to use science-based perks. The Facility would create a new style of map of underground tunnels, offices and cells, and as for the Killer ... well, where to start!

The Old Man; The Shy Guy; The Plague Doctor; SCP-035; D-3826; The Sleep Killers; SCP-953; Baba Yaga ... so many options!

As for other mediums, there are so many! X-Files, Buffy, CreepyPasta, paranormal folklore (such as Spring-heeled Jack, Yokai or Vukodlak), Dr. Who, American Horror Story, a plethora of literary creatures ... so many!

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Lol the smash bros of horror

Now i want to see an animation of that

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

Someone did a fanmade Lobby/terror radius and chase music, it's awesome, althought it's Sonic.Exe I really like it

https://youtu.be/qh0-Ox7JrSo

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

If there is one dude I think BHVR should actually consider hiring, its the dude who made this. His work is S tier

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353
    Options

Lol couldn’t have said it better. It definitely is the smash bros of horror & I’d love for them to add all those suggested. Especially Supernatural & Alien.

• dhealy646
    dhealy646 Member Posts: 462
    Options

Ive always scoffed at the idea of slender man. He's just a dumb little creepy pasta that really wouldn't fit dbd. He'd really cheapen the game if he was added

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158
    Options

I just saw another thread about this, FNAF no matter how you feel about the games is 1. The most relevant horror game of the century and 2. Kind of cool ij concept. I really like the idea of an abandoned pizzaria map.

Slenderman also has clout. People are going to hate on these because the fan bases are mostly cringy kids but at the end of the day they have more claim to a rep than Stranger things, or even really Saw at this point.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

"Pop culture horror figures."

You mean like... Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers? 🤣

Stuff like Slenderman and Five Nights at Freddy's are no different from this stuff! They are fictional horror creations that someone dreamed up and wrote stories about, and then they became popular. Yeah, they became popular in different mediums and at a different time than the movie slasher stuff, but so what? They're still horror, and they don't deserve to be dismissed just because they didn't start out in a movie. I wouldn't regard Five Nights at Freddy's any differently than I do Silent Hill, in terms of what's "appropriate" or not for DBD.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

I just don't see FNAF in the game, woooo big deal...possesed animatronics coming towards you, they can't even kill properly

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

I don't have a problem with any source as long as it fits in the game. FNaF does not meet that requirement. Slenderman would depend on the details.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

Just curious, what about FNaF doesn't fit in DbD to you?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,614
    Options

Does Doom count as horror? I want DoomGuy in either Smash or DBD!!!!!!!

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

If I load up a match as survivor and hear the BFG music start I'm just going to hide under my bed and apologies to Doom Guy profusely.

• Pulsar
    Options

Obviously. Or Doctor Hayden, I want to hear his voice more :D

• Pulsar
    Options

Nah, that's his chase music. His ambient music is E1M1

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169
    Options
  • The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited June 2020
    Options

I want sydney the kangaroo from an old tv show called math patrol. That ######### gave me nightmares.

I want jaws.

I want the "std(emon)" from It Follows...

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Pop culture horror figures? Like freddy krueger and michael myers?

Can't picture them in DBD...

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50
    Options

(un?)popular opinion, I actually loathe the idea of adding any creepypasta or fnaf character to the game. When I first saw my aunts playing DbD it scared me, they tried to get me to try it and I was terrified the entire time.

And FnaF and Slenderman... Don't scare me. Creepypasta in general doesn't scare me, and FnaF has never been something I would consider scary in any particular way. To me it seemed like a cheap way for youtubers to get views because little kids LOVED it, and if little kids enjoy it... It ain't scary unless it's Tim Burton.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2020
    Options

I have more or less accepted that DBD is the Smash Bros of horror icons and have made peace with the idea.

As for FNAF specifically - some people find animitronics unsettling - so I can see how it would work for some people as a killer. Not really my thing. I played the first game, got my 10 bucks worth of fun out of it, then moved on.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253
    Options

This. I 100% agree. I dont see fnaf coming to dbd mainly because the game heavily depends on jumpscares. Fnaf has it set in stone that you get jumpscared if you mess up however in dbd its more of the slasher genre i.e freddy, michale. So realilisticly i dont see fnaf fitting the slasher genre. One reason i persanolly dont want it in is because of the fanbase. Youtubers have targeted the game towards children and thats where the toxic and cringy kids come in. Fnaf has been so mainstreamed that its not even considered to be of relevance of any horror(for me at least). We as a comunity dont need toxic children coming into this fanbase because honestly this comunitys already toxic af.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 2020
    Options

I do find the smash bros thing pretty accurate throw everything in. I'll never get my favorite horror piece, Darkwood but the more they add the better though.

• LordVoidron
    LordVoidron Member Posts: 145
    Options

I only want actually good pop culture content. I've already talked about why that is aids and shouldnt be here in a different article. But as much as I cringe at the thought of an SCP chapter, that would actually be good. The idea of reverse ghost face (096) isn't that bad.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    edited June 2020
    Options

I don't want fnaf in dbd, because I don't find it to be scary. But seeing as they can apparently add pretty much anyone to the game, be it movie, tv show or video game, I want to see richard trager from Outlast as a killer.