Now, up to a serious question.

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    edited May 2018
    Options

For clarity, it may be good to include those proposed changes (briefly) in your post =)

Not everyone reading this will have seen what you've seen/heard

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

The completely free escape but with the permanent injured state?

I love it. BUT... people will just save it for end game, and it will make most killers powerless at the end game. They should keep their changes. Let the free escape happen, but if the gates are already open... then it doesn't work. That is how it should be.

Otherwise people will just wait to use it to the very very end. Or killers will HARD CAMP obsessions more than ever.

• Onetrolltorulethem
    Onetrolltorulethem Member Posts: 16
    Options

It's a straight buff to SWF groups and a moderate nerf to solo play.

As a solo player, you can't really expect gens to get done in short order (or get saved from a hook...) so you're going to be forced to use it immediately, and this permanent injured state WILL mess you up. It will still be amazingly powerful, but there will be at least SOME drawback for using it.

In a SWF group, you CAN expect gens to get done AND to get saved. You can let yourself be hooked early and save it for the end. Even if the killer face camps you, with this new DS you will be able to very efficiently zerg the hook and escape.

Honestly, I fear for killers vs organized gamurs more than ever before if this DS change goes through. It will be terrifying.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

@Onetrolltorulethem said:
    It's a straight buff to SWF groups and a moderate nerf to solo play.

As a solo player, you can't really expect gens to get done in short order (or get saved from a hook...) so you're going to be forced to use it immediately, and this permanent injured state WILL mess you up. It will still be amazingly powerful, but there will be at least SOME drawback for using it.

In a SWF group, you CAN expect gens to get done AND to get saved. You can let yourself be hooked early and save it for the end. Even if the killer face camps you, with this new DS you will be able to very efficiently zerg the hook and escape.

Honestly, I fear for killers vs organized gamurs more than ever before if this DS change goes through. It will be terrifying.

I agree with most of your thoughts man. Solo players this is a fantastic change and would feel balanced, but against SWF coordinated groups with mics... it would be intensely difficult for a killer.

They need to either create 1 extra gen to do against SWF parties of 3 or 4... or at least give a automatic 2x bloodpoints for that match to ONLY the killer.

I'm a killer main, and have hit rank 1 consistently. If I play a 2 1 and 1 survivor setup, I do well and its fun. I can usually handle the hook rushing of a 3 or 4 person SWF group, but sometimes it is just impossible.

When the gates are powered, DS should be dead. It shouldn't work. Otherwise this change is fine I think.

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I love it. BUT... people will just save it for end game, and it will make most killers powerless at the end game.

I think it'll incentivate killers to run Obsession perks more often and killing the obsession as fast as possible.
    Edit: And Killers are already powerless in the endgame tbh, unless they run NOED.

• DrDannieburger
    DrDannieburger Member Posts: 57
    Options

There would be a lot of people running Dying Light if the meta continued with DS being a commonly used perk.

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 84
    Options

@DrDannieburger said:
    There would be a lot of people running Dying Light if the meta continued with DS being a commonly used perk.

Running DS just to get that sweet +50% additional altruistic speed
    ez BP

• Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33
    Options

As far as the being injured for the rest of the game goes, that's amazing. However, as said above, it will just be saved until the end game. If they really want to go that route, they should make DS activate on the first pick up no matter what, as in, you can't save it.

If they do not go that route, I'd like to see them make it where activating DS does NOT make the killer drop you. Instead, it stuns him and just buys you a few more seconds of wiggle time. I think Iron Grasp likes the sound of that one!

• Dwight_Confusion
    Options

Dying Light is deadly if you can kill the obsession with 3 or 2 gens left.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Why are you necro'ing year old topics?

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    Options
  • Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

@Mr_Myers Honestly true, this is getting to be every 2nd thread now, I'm actively checking the post date at the top on every thread now...