Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Slugging is annoying

I just want to say that, I like dbd a lot and I can get over some bugs in the game but what I cannot stand is slugging, whenever I play survivor I always see the killer just slug the survivor and attempt to look for the other one for that 4k and it becomes a tedious thing it's either heal them up just to attempt to finish the gens or let them bleed out which takes awhile. If they add a mechanic where recovering button also slows down the bleeding process when you're down and where you don't hold it you just bleed out faster at 2x the rate but hey that's just an idea that I always had in the back of my mind

Comments

• shotURego
    shotURego Member Posts: 5

That is another idea but I don't think that will help much

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Saw a post about that earlier. A guy apparently quickly took out a team using PH and depipped with a 3k.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I think they need to fix the whole hatch mechanic tbh. Make the last survivor earn their escape.

Once the 2nd last survivor is sacrificed leave the hatch closed and show the hatch and opposing players auras. The hatch will remain closed for 1 minute then after that it will reopen.

This would make it so the killer can find that survivor and have the "last stand" chase. If the survivor is good enough they can outlast the killer and learn their escape.

I personally only slug for the points of getting a 4k. If I could get max points without getting the 4k then I probably wouldn't care. Also it would be nice on the endgame tall screen to show a hatch escape.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Try Unbreakable for a while. It's actually pretty underrated because many killers will just pick you up instantly, however it's great when you're being slugged.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Only thing to blame is the emblem system. You get the most reward from hooks. Of course the killer is gonna slug for the 4k

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

In your scenario, the Killer could just stand on the hatch until it opens and close it since they can see its aura.

Also do you mean after the 3rd survivor is sacrificed? Because letting the hatch open when there are still 2 survivors is dumb.

• shotURego

I'm pretty sure he means when the third survivor is sacrifice and there is only one survivor left then it will show the aura

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I was meant to write the killer cannot close the hatch after it reopens but I forgot.

Also the 2nd last and 3rd survivor are the same thing.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
  • shotURego

That is an option but it's a one time use perk and if he finds you then well good luck

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

While I agree and I don't slug for the 4k because I don't care if i 4k or not, the problem is the dumb hatch mechanic more than the slug.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I see that slugging for the 4K boils down to 2 problems.

The emblem system: the emblem system can be severely punishing for Killers especially at red ranks. If you don't tick all the boxes it doesn't matter how skilled you were or how well you did you didn't hit an arbitrary amount of checklist points so you don't get a pip.

It being a reason why a large majority of Killers way to derank to do certain a depth not because play the killer in question is hard it's just extremely frustrating to get the double pip even if you do demolish the survivor team.

Hatch: Hatch is pretty much a pity mechanic it's the same to give somebody in a lost game a way out.

The problem is this leads to people who completely stop trying in certain situations and we'll just wait until the other party dies.

Meaning the game hits a very annoying standstill I'm sure we've all encountered the Hatch campers who don't do anything whilst you're trying your hardest to a least attempt to do gens.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Personally I feel like slugging for the 4k feels as silly as the old hatch stand off.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

As a killer I don’t like to slug it’s just not my nature.As a survivor I feel like killers punish me more then my bad teammates who I’m sure the killer knows would of been a better choice to kill first.Other times I feel like the killer is trying to be as sweaty as He or she can possibly be for the 4K.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I only slug if I see the last person or if I have some sort of tracking perk/ability where i know I can find the last survivor in seconds (whispers/doctor shock).

It's crazy how long these slugging marathons can go. Boring game play. Just take the 3k and move on. With the hatch mechanic the way it is, you can usually get the 4k anyway.