Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mood check with this game

Bardock592
Bardock592 Member Posts: 108

I sometimes look at the mirror and ask myself why tf am I still playing this game that's beside the money you spend on thier dlcs and crap as well, do you guys feel the same?

Answers

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Everyone ineviteably develops a love-hate relationship with Dead by Daylight. Its just the nature of the game. Even McCote once said something along the lines of: "At the end of thr match, someone's not gonna be happy.".

Personally I do not regret any buys. I bought all DLCs on sales, and not any cosmetics, so I spent a maximum of maybe 40 bucks on the game. The last time was Demogorgon I think, and I am not planning on giving Behaviour any more money in the foreseeable future, besides playing the game with what I have.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    edited June 2020

Reminds me of the first time I played Ghostface after buying costumes and getting rekt by a typical SWF. All escaped and the game was over in about 7 minutes. Then I played Nurse for the first time and got a 4k despite making horrible mistakes. It's always a gamble.

Post edited by TransverseCaster on
  • Rhymewriter
    Rhymewriter Member Posts: 37

Shout out the the mic'd swf that had maxed out everything with a flashlight, key, map, med kit and burned 3 petrified oaks on me. You are the reason I'm gonna spend the handful of ebony moris I have in the next few games.

I enjoy this game but when people pull that kinda stuff it's just not fun. Survivors complain about their que times but what do you expect when you treat the other players like this? Like I'll happily carry a survivor to hatch after a good game or even farm points with survivors when 2 people dc. But I swear some people are just toxic

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

See, the problem is you using the ebony moris isn't going to do anything to the people who actually tilted you, but rather it could tilt these new people who then go toxic against a killer who isn't you, and it just repeats.

As tilting as this game can be on either side, being a scummy person to the next group you face isn't doing anyone any favors, not even you.

In a more direct answer to the question, yeah, there're definitely days I just hate the game...heck, I took a very, very long break from this game (early 2018, shortly after Pig came out, to just before Oni) because I was so burned out on it. The fact it got me back here and enjoying it...most days...says a lot about its staying power to me personally, anyway.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,765

My only regret is that the time I'm spending on this game could be more productively spent in other ways. I really do enjoy the game and have for years.

• Bardock592
    Bardock592 Member Posts: 108

I wonder what the devs would say if they ever see all of this frustration

: clown is underrated