Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

dS iS aN aNtI-tUnNeL pErK

13»

Comments

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

There is no problem with DS. Its not going to do much mid-game and you may as well just waste it so they can’t use it later on.

It’s literally god tier when it comes to endgame but as killer you shouldn’t have let it get to endgame in the first place....besides there are counters.

• TuckzysGayMeng
    TuckzysGayMeng Member Posts: 72

I’ve always said back before DS was changed not to bother dribbling and just eat the DS as it just removes it from play completely.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

Doesn't need a buff but it does need a rework. Like a 15 second timer that doesn't tick down while being chased (and can't be manipulated) then if the killer downs you the timer also pauses until you get picked up or rescued to avoid slugging but also avoid the problem of survivors using it after a long time

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110

I was exaggerating, the amount of times I get DS'd four times in a game is overwhelming though. And thats the issue. If I hook you once, you are invincible for a whole minute and if you're playing against smart survivors, you're never able to make that timer tick down at the same time. You're looking at 4 minutes of invincibility throughout the course of a 8-12 minute game. How is that fair in the slightest? Yes you need to get hooked for it to activate, but that still doesn't change the fact that it allows an instant boost of confidence and the ability to challenge the killer, and upon said challenge, you do normally get away scratch free, unless the killer continues to tunnel chase, in which case, gens fly. Once again any perk that allows a survivor to 1v1 a killer in a 1v4 situation is bad design. And adding a timer to that makes it worse. I'd honestly like to see it be a one use exhaustive with no timer or prerequisite. At least that allows them to choose when to use it, giving it a pseudo buff, but also making it so that killers aren't punished for playing around it because they can't really. Honestly I'd appreciate that more.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I thought this was already established

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

And y'know what, that's a fair point that I might actually agree with, in the grand scheme of things it's not necessary that moris should activate on PH cages.

However, that doesn't change the fact that DS is absolutely bullshit, and needs to be changed. Pronto.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited June 2020

@w_sohl

Oh you didn't know? DS makes you invincible, and gives you superman-like powers where no matter how many times a killer swings you will not go down.

You swing at a survivor and your DS be like....

🤣

• ThatBoyLeon
    ThatBoyLeon Member Posts: 1

I still don't get why people mainly just play one you've got two sides to a game at the minute killers are way to op when things like noed still exists and it's FREE!

• Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123

You haven't played against me, I play PH similar to Pig.

DS is definitely an anti tunnel perk, but there should be things that disable it. For example, hooking another survivor.

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    edited June 2020

One survivor has that invincibility, not four. If they just got unhooked, that means a survivor without that invisibility is in the area, chase them or chase one of the other two.

Also, when trying to make an argument, don't exaggerate, it takes away from your point. People focus on the exaggeration and not the point your trying to make. Stick to the facts.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@bumcheeks1 On an unrelated note, how are you liking Nurse?

• bumcheeks1
    bumcheeks1 Member Posts: 8

I love Nurse, but I don’t know if I would play her as often anymore without range/cooldown addons. Her base kit nerf was pretty unnecessary, and having a 6 second cooldown on top of fatigue and a huge number of glitches/deadzones can make playing her a headache nowadays. Still, I’d say she’s my only real main in DBD.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I think that it should go inactive after another survivor is hooked, but the timer pauses if you get chased.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Exactly!! Perosnally I believe Pop should block the gen for 30 seconds also after the kick.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

You are exaggerating the strength of DS and totally dismissing killer perks. If an entire chase is wasted, then the perk did the job. If you tunneled then it is on you. The fact of the matter is killer perks are a million times stronger than survivor perks, there is no killer perk that is a one time use, NONE!

Your complaints are related to SWF, not ds. Those hex perks don't go instantly in a solo match.

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110

But I don't think they are. Once again, there are no perks that allow me to take a objective based reward away from you. I cant take back a gen, why are you allowed to take back a down? Thats my main issue with it

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Dwight and Dwight

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

You basically have a wallhack every time you hook someone (A huge reward) and you can remove objective progress with PGTW several times during the match (not just once). This is totally outside the survivors control. Decisive Strike is completely within the killers control - huge difference.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited June 2020

@rogueplayer00

A down =/= a gen. You are comparing apples to oranges. Either way, here is a list of some passive effect perks AND built-in mechanics that reward you for simply playing your role.

Perks:

• Corrupt Intervention: Literally blocks gens from being repaired at all.

• Ruin: Literally regresses the generator that you were working on if killer engages a chase.

• Rancor: Literally gives you a free kill whether you have hooked that person or not.

Built-In Mechanics:

• Camping: Leave the hook and go pressure another survivor? Nah. Stick around and get a free down on the person who is already wounded. In fact down them but also use the mechanic below and get you a second survivor on the ground as well. Rinse/Repeat.

• Slugging: You can virtually force survivors to abort their main objective, and create enough free pressure by simply leaving someone on the floor. Oh and not to mention it counters an entire perk. So you hit two birds with one stone.

• Bloodlust : Even in the most unsafe areas this built-in passive effect procs. So if a survivor is 'out-playing' you, and you keep whiffing, it doesn't matter, your next swing will reach a hit that you wouldn't have otherwise hit.

Oh, and the best part about these? You don't slot anything to gain them. You simply have to exist as a killer.

You're welcome.

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225

Some of the things you mentioned are imperfect strategys. Say I start slugging and then run to the next survivor, a third survivor can just pick up the survivor a chose to down, thereby completely missing a hook oppurtunity.

Bloodlust hardly ever gives value, ive seen bloodlust give value maybe like twice in the several months ive experienced of DBD.

Camping is powerful, in a vacuum, if you are persistent enough you can kill one survivor. However the problem with that is the same problem with choosing to chase a survivor on a loop for several minutes. Each minute that you are wasting time on securing a kill, that is a likely another completed gen.

Ruin is a hex and the new survivor perk has significantly weakened the power of hexes. Not to mention that Ruin gives no value if you commit to finishing a gen.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

You play like that’s but complain about a ds this post is laughable

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Yeah, it sure does suck when someone plays extremely well.

Please elaborate on "play like that" and explain how he/she "should" play.

I literally have my popcorn ready.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

how are you so ignorant, if a survivor runs infront of you, should you just let him go?? its not an abuse of game mechanics to slug it punishes survivors for bad positioning dont be so entitled

• Johnny_XMan

@Kumnut768

Did I (anywhere in my response) say you should let a survivor who runs infront of you go? No.

I am not talking about the strategic scenarios where slugging is warranted. I'm talking about the excessive (unnecessary) slugging. You obviously don't play survivor enough to understand, so maybe you should try it out before you start calling people ignorant.

• Kolonite

Only people that ever called it that weren't devs. Devs call it anti-momentum. It's not meant to stop you from tunneling. It's meant to stop you from being able to just steam roll people. Don't know why they thought the game needed that, but hey... Can't have the killers kill you too good ig

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Well, for starters, they didn't play all that well. If they had literally just had the forethought to pick ANYONE ELSE up, they wouldn't have gotten DS'd on and wouldn't have a reason to make this ridiculous thread. What's the use of playing so "efficiently" if you can't even keep track of what you're doing at that pace?

So yes, making this post as though they played flawlessly and DS is the problem is pretty laughable.

• LALYTHIA

You don't know why they thought the game needed that (or BT for that matter)? Because they actually want to retain survivors...because they are 80% of this game. If Killers can just hard tunnel everyone out of the game...people would just stop playing. It takes zero skill for Killers to play that way. Why would anyone want to play a losing game against people who don't actually have to have any skill to 'win'? LOL

DS/BT exists because of killers, not survivors.

• Kolonite

If they called it an anti-tunnel perk I'd agree. They don't want it to just be anti-tunnel though. It's not tunneling to down and hook another survivor see someone you already hooked and then eat a DS because it was less than sixty seconds. I like BT and think it does it's job. Good perk. DS also does it's job from the developers standpoint. I said I don't get why they thought we needed an anit-momentum perk. Not anti-tunneling. I didn't even say that I didn't like DS being in the game. You just assumed I did because I said I don't get why the devs treat it like it's not anti-tunneling like everyone else does.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I hope you don't mind asking but why are you so fixated on tunneling? You are in every thread talking about how killers do nothing but tunnel, tunneling doesn't take any skill and so on.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

It was the best play given the match's context (which was obtained by reading the thread).

• LALYTHIA

This is a thread about anti-tunnel perks and tunneling? So thats why I'm talking about it here.

I talk about tunneling often because it's a rampant issue in the game.

• LALYTHIA
    edited June 2020

You said it's meant to stop Killers from steam rolling people...and immediately followed it by you dont know why devs thought the game needed that. I'm still confused how you don't know why developers wouldnt want Killers to be able to steam roll people. Everything in my previous statements stands...if you want to argue semantics and replace the word "tunnel" with "steam roll" because thats a better word in your book, by all means, do so. LOL

I didn't assume anything. I just don't see how you could say in one sentence that it's meant to not allow Killers to steam roll people...and then the very next sentence say you don't know why the game would need that...its pretty obvious.

• hahadrillgobrrr

Yeah I understand it in this thread but I remember you from several threads talking about tunneling. Where it is so rampant issue that you dedicate so much time and effort to comment on it so much? I'm on PC EU and I hardly get tunneled.

• dangitben
    dangitben Member Posts: 58

Ive just accepted that some games I get tunneled as a survivor and some games as killer im getting rolled and have to try to at least get a kill. The sooner you can do that the better your experience will be

• Kolonite

If a myers downs your whole team with one tier 3 and hooks you all he deserves the win. You got steam rolled. Someone kobes off and everyone gets unhooked and then has 60 seconds of immunity and gets to DS isn't anti-tunneling. It's anti-momentum like the devs want it to be. If you get steam rolled like that you deserve it. Tunneling isn't steam rolling. Tunneling is focusing one survivor until they're out of the game. I think DS is fine and has it's place, but it's not purely anti-tunneling. Don't act like it is lmao. Steam roll means you are ######### ruining the whole team. Tunneling isn't that. You want it to be that because you're so caught up with your campaign against tunneling that everyone that says anything about DS is for tunneling lmao. So, actually... You assumed a whole lot, bud. LOL

• LALYTHIA

No it wasn't.

She knew the Meg had JUST gotten off the hook. It would have been far more intelligent to pick one of the other two survivors up first. If she had, she wouldn't have been hit with DS and would have avoided at least one unbreakable. Just because Meg COULD HAVE had unbreakable, she ignored the fact that she OBVIOUSLY had DS. LOL This killer just made a mistake and paid for it.

• LALYTHIA

I'm on PC NA-West and its almost every match, especially if it's the new killer. To be specific, it's most prominent in the evening, although I'm not sure why that is...less little kids? LOL idk. And I talk about it so much because these forums and the main PC DBD fb group I was on are both majority Killer players voicing their opinion. Survivors need a voice. I advocate for the survivor perspective most of the time. People should understand that ruining other people's matches on purpose ruins the game for everyone. This is an important issue.

• bumcheeks1
    bumcheeks1 Member Posts: 8

For anyone curious, here’s the video of the full match (the DS hits at 8:00).

• hahadrillgobrrr

On purpose? Killer trying to win is ruining peoples matches? Same could be said for 4-man swat teams if we want to go down this road. That could be seen as ruining the match for killer, do you agree?

• dangitben
    dangitben Member Posts: 58

Whenever i play as a killer I punish poor decisions. If you unhook someone in front of me I’m going to do what the game encourages me to do, which is to kill the unhooked person.

• LALYTHIA

To say that Killers who camp/tunnel are trying to win is kind of a fallacy. Often times face camping/tunneling doesn't lead to what most people would consider a win: an up pip or a near perfect game or even a 4k. Instead, it just ruins someone else's match while ignoring actual game play. If a Killer was intended to camp a hook and smack and injured survivor right off of it, there wouldn't be 4 emblems in this game meant to entice killers into doing other things: like patting gens, finding new survivors, chasing, hitting people, and hooking other survivors multiple times. Unfortunately, for too many people, a "win" has nothing to do with challenging themselves to play well or skillfully, nor does it have anything to do with points/pips...too many people find their 'win' in just ruining the game for other people - even if it means they do poorly by game standard. And thats a problem.

And no, the same cannot be said for a 4-man SWAT team. For starters - stats show a 4-man SWAT team is the least likely team you're going to play...nearly every match I play consists of camping/tunneling/slugging. When it doesn't, its actually so note worthy I usually end up thanking the Killer just for playing fair - even when I die - which is sad. Its sad that it has become noteworthy when Killers just have skill to legitimately death hook survivors. The only 4-man SWAT you need to even be concerned about is a red rank...camping/tunneling/slugging can be used as a cheap method of killing people on any killer, at any rank, and takes no skill to implement. Secondly, a 4-person SWAT team still can't do anything as toxic as a Killer of their skill level. A killer has literally taken me out of a game in 2 minutes and rendered less than 2k pts thanks to terrible spawn RNG, a ######### teammate who teamed with the Killer, and an ebony mori. The only person who could have ensured that didn't happen to me WAS the Killer...but we all know what they chose to do.

It is the laziest, weakest, least skillful way to play DBD. Hands down. There is no challenge in coming right back to an off-hook and downing someone with no recourse. Especially today. This game has never been easier for Killers than it is right now. And because of that, this style of game play is even more of a detriment than ever.

Also, 4-person teams don't perform that much better than random solo teams. They are harder to deal with because they are more coordinated, but statistically they are not escaping all that more often than random teams. So what Killers are feeling is more pressure in match in order to get their kills...not really much in the way of an actual significant difference in survival rates.

I agree that SWAT teams are frustrating. But they don't have nearly the toolset to be as toxic in game. And they are experienced way less frequently than survivors experience camping and tunneling - especially right now.

• Johnny_XMan

@hahahillbillygobroom

Because threads like these get brought up on the daily.

This is killer's mentality:

"We want DS nerfed!"

ALSO Killers...

"But we want to keep tunneling and camping like we're used to doing."

Sorry but as imperfect as DS and Unbreakable might seem. It is alleviating some of the abuse that can be done with Tunneling and Camping.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    edited June 2020

There are so many biased opinions in this comment it is just best to leave it be.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

This is why I'm saving loads of moris on any killer I get to P3. It'll be my "DS insurance" so I don't have to deal with stuff like this. Anyone who gives me crap for using probably the most powerful killer tool will just get told the same thing that people who hate DS are told "I need it to counter this certain type of playstyle, just play better it's so easily counterable."

• LALYTHIA

There really aren't though. But you're welcome to let it be, if you'd like. :)

• w_sohl

A Mori and DS are two different things. A Mori ends that players game, DS doesn't end the killers game, it just extends a chase.

• w_sohl

So all this whining about DS and you got a 4k? Boo ######### hoo, it took you a minute longer to get your 4k.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

It's mostly supposed to be sarcastic. But I really am gonna save moris up just as "insurance." I'm not the kinda person to just mori off first hook but you can definitely tell when some people are trying to play like a jerk, and that's who they'll be for. :^)