Which are the best perks on spirit?

Options

I played her now for a few hours and im experimenting with the perks. Right now i use bbq, racor, ruin and haunting ground. Befor i played without ruin and hunting ground but they gen rushed every time so i changed it. Which perk combinations work for you guys. I playing on rank 1/2 btw.

Comments

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

Tinkerer should be better, removes TR and can proc multiple times. 12 seconds is enough to appear near, but have yet to test myself :D

• ShooterKnight
    ShooterKnight Member Posts: 14
    Options

Could work if you use addon to boost the speed while phase walk, but im not sure if it is worth to change it for a other perk

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited September 2018
    Options

For now i wouldn't advise running Haunting Grounds. Atleast on Spirit. People will expect it

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

BBQ, Ruin, Stridor and M&A/Predator

• ShooterKnight
    Options

Yes they expect it but if you run ruin they have to cleanse the totems, and through haunting grounds it takes longer to cleanse ruin. I will try stridor when i have it on 3.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    You can try some different builds
    Purple amulet+increased speed add on
    Thrill of the hunt, ruin, haunted ground, devour hope

Glasses+amulet
    Ruin, sloppy butcher, rancor, remember me

Both passive phasing increase add ons
    Bamboozle, enduring, spirit fury, ruin

Flute+watch 
    Ruin, myc, bbq, monitor and abuse

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Stridor

• ShooterKnight
    edited September 2018
    Options

can you see the fresh blood while phase walking with sloopy butcher or is the pink addon the only way to see the blood? I prefer stridor over predator, but i want to tryout bloodhound, dont have it on her right now

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

can you see the fresh blood with sloopy butcher or is the pink addon the only way to see the blood? I prefer stridor over predator, but i want to tryout bloodhound, dont have it on her right now

Pop's glasses only way, gotta have glasses on to see it in phase walk with or without sloppy.
  • ShooterKnight
    Options

Thanks, ok after i played some games more i think that stridor is a must have on her. Its so much easier to track people while phase walking. I use now bbq, rancor, ruin and stridor and it works really well as rank 1 killer.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Stridor? Didn't try that on her yet, will try it
  • ShooterKnight
    Options

belive me its much easier with it

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 686
    Options

I hover between 10 and 15, but I run Rancor, Haunted Ground, Monitor and Abuse, and Make Your Choice

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Stridor feels better than scratch marks to be 100% honest. The scratch marks are unreliable, and flawed, you can easily see them without the perk and it doesn't make them significantly easier to find. So its worth it to skip it and take stridor to find people that are bleeding for that second hit.

NoED is nice but doesn't actually work that great on her because she's slow as hell and her power takes forever to recharge so, good luck downing more than 1 before they hunt down the totem.

Whispers is nice on her cause again....she's slow as hell, so having to take time out to actually find people on her wastes way more time than other normal killers.

Her biggest problem is the same problem as all other normal killers, shes not pig....so she has 0 gen control. And near 0 gen pressure without some perk gimmick. So.... you're likely better off never taking off ruin+haunted ground as a base function, and you're likely going to have to pick up ranchor as your base tracking perk cause its the only one that functions while using haunt of any significance, and maybe pick up whispers or stridor based on preference obviously whispers speeding up your initial start of the fight.

And if you don't have ruin....well....you're stuck running some other sub optimal gen control perk to make up for the fact that normal killers are rushed....and rushed hard and fast. That gen rushing ######### is gonna be the death of this game I swear to god, I don't know how non pig, players deal with that #########.....

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Stridor feels better than scratch marks to be 100% honest. The scratch marks are unreliable, and flawed, you can easily see them without the perk and it doesn't make them significantly easier to find. So its worth it to skip it and take stridor to find people that are bleeding for that second hit.

NoED is nice but doesn't actually work that great on her because she's slow as hell and her power takes forever to recharge so, good luck downing more than 1 before they hunt down the totem.

Whispers is nice on her cause again....she's slow as hell, so having to take time out to actually find people on her wastes way more time than other normal killers.

Her biggest problem is the same problem as all other normal killers, shes not pig....so she has 0 gen control. And near 0 gen pressure without some perk gimmick. So.... you're likely better off never taking off ruin+haunted ground as a base function, and you're likely going to have to pick up ranchor as your base tracking perk cause its the only one that functions while using haunt of any significance, and maybe pick up whispers or stridor based on preference obviously whispers speeding up your initial start of the fight.

And if you don't have ruin....well....you're stuck running some other sub optimal gen control perk to make up for the fact that normal killers are rushed....and rushed hard and fast. That gen rushing ######### is gonna be the death of this game I swear to god, I don't know how non pig, players deal with that #########.....

Depends, pigs get looped so not without weakness. But other killers cant delay the game. Doc and freddy maybe.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    But they aren't the best killers
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018
    Options

BBQ, Rancor, Bitter Murmur, Ruin.

BBQ/BM to find survivors. Ruin for early game to get a lead, and Rancor for endgame to deal with DS users. It's made easier to use too by BM.

• ShooterKnight
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

BBQ/BM to find survivors. Ruin for early game to get a lead, and Rancor for endgame to deal with DS users. It's made easier to use too by BM.

why would u use birrer murmur when rancor is a better version of this perk, i have the same perk constellation but only with stridor instead of bitter murmur

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@Milo said:
    For now i wouldn't advise running Haunting Grounds. Atleast on Spirit. People will expect it

Survivors are able to distinguish between ruin totem and bait totems for some reason. In more than half of my games they destroy ruin first, statistically this should be impossible

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

why would u use birrer murmur when rancor is a better version of this perk, i have the same perk constellation but only with stridor instead of bitter murmur

Rancor isnt bad, it gives a notification like a doctor shock. Not live aura feed like bitter murmor. And since obsession doesn't see you, less stealth plays can be made against the killer.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

Rancor isnt bad, it gives a notification like a doctor shock. Not live aura feed like bitter murmor. And since obsession doesn't see you, less stealth plays can be made against the killer.
    So rancor is subpar in aura reading, might as well run noed. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options

@Milo said:

Survivors are able to distinguish between ruin totem and bait totems for some reason. In more than half of my games they destroy ruin first, statistically this should be impossible

Nah, it's not bout stats. It's about everything is out of 5, 2/5 chance haunted ground 1/5 ruin to spawn in x place. 20% chance vs 40% chance, 20% is still big. Run thrill of the hunt with mother daughter ring and flute for pulls maybe?
  • ShooterKnight
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    ShooterKnight said:

@thesuicidefox said:

yes but the thing is, that rancor has more utility and there is kind of a crossover between bitter murmor and rancor, thats why i think its not that usefull to use both perks and would recomand only playing rancor

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    ShooterKnight said:

@thesuicidefox said:

yes but the thing is, that rancor has more utility and there is kind of a crossover between bitter murmor and rancor, thats why i think its not that usefull to use both perks and would recomand only playing rancor

I guess, finding survivors easier helps you get kills before the end game however. It's like fire up, the mix of perks isn't effective enough to warrant the perk as much as one is. Rancor is good with some perks but on a general build noes or bitter murmor is better.  Rancor has end game utility if you find the obsession. Rancor has more counterplay for all survivors and not useful enough  without a perk combo. Just using noed grabs more hooks, just seeing auras with bitter murmor lets you find your obsession or others quicker. It also depends on the killer being used, rancor on high mobility killers like nurse isn't bad.