Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you play mostly male or female Survivors?

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Been noticing a trend in my games and wanted to see if its accurate or not

Do you play mostly male or female Survivors? 96 votes

Male Survivors
39%
CamoRangerSeiko300ShrimpTwiggsanarchy753KrilkalBoosted_DwightDetailedDetrimentEnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGzmassaniSebaOutbreakGreentheNinjaLordRegalfairfieldismsSadLegion[Deleted User]Mang_AnwarAwkward_FiendMarigoriaEsnei 38 votes
Female Survivors
60%
rhaIhatelifeGHERBEARRULESCheersF60_31arslaNbrokedownpalaceInnCognitoAngelicus23Kemosabe69Aven_FallenFog_KingTheRockstarKnightA9F6yosufrpshreamentMidori_21TaigaSnow_Ghost_AhoyWolf 58 votes

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2020
    Male Survivors

I generally play male survivors, my main is Ace but I sometimes swap to Ash and Steve, sometimes Jeff and David King but I need to prestige them a bit more and get them a few cosmetics before I play more of either. Although it's not like I play them exclusively, I will also play Kate Denson, Jane Romero, and Yui from time to time, I'm also thinking about playing more of Cheryl.

I'll also just generally play whoever I need to for Dailies & / or the rift, out of everything the grind takes precedence over all. I was playing Tapp earlier today who is definitely one of my least played characters.

However, I'm going to point out that I definitely feel (and I'm 90% certain I am) in the minority here, in Dead By Daylight it's the female survivors that are often chosen over the males and that's a pretty objective statement. Female survivors typically have smaller character models and combine them with dark clothes they can be easier to stealth with, or so the saying goes anyway. Hence the classic P3 Claudette being one of the most popular characters and outfits to wear (and mind you one of the only characters where wearing the P3 is preferred over default or other cosmetics)

Also I have a hunch a bit of credit can also be given to the "Final Girl" trope popularized in slasher horror. But that's something I can't really prove.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
    Female Survivors

@Seiko300

Interesting, we have similar taste. I have Yui, Cheryl, Kate and Nancy maxed out for perks. And Steve, Ace and Adam as well. I don't really play anyone outside of those seven unless its for dailies. Yui was my favorite for awhile, but I've been enjoying Cheryl a lot so she might become my new favorite. In general the female Survivor have better cosmetics and are smaller so I like them more. Except for my P3 Steve he's basically Blendette

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Male Survivors

I'd play Steve a lot more if his voice wasn't absolutely atrocious, it's god awful and I have no idea why they couldn't get Joe Keery to voice the character.

Please, BHVR, do us a solid. Get Joe Keery to voice over the character

...and fix Quentin's face.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2020
    Male Survivors

I play two male survivors (Steve and Dwight) and a female one (Jane) so yeah

• shreament
    shreament Member Posts: 13
    Female Survivors

I play female survivors allot but I also play male survivors too. I feel like the only reason i play the female characters is because they usually have better teachables, but the males are more unique, its just that you see so many nea, feng, clauddette mains that I like to be more unique, thats why im getting quentin to prestige 3 and allready have dwight p3.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Male Survivors

I mostly play as Bill and Dwight, then Jeff or Ace. I'll play as whoever if I have a specific ritual or Archive mission. But I mostly play as male survivors.

This may be just me, but as a Killer, female survivors who are injured are easier for me to hear, specially characters like Laurie or Jane. Male survivors have low-pitched voices, so sometimes their grunts of pain camuflage with some other low-pitched sounds from the game and I may miss them if they're nearby. Again, this might be just me, but as a result I've often prefered to pick male survivors since I believe they're less noisy, and I don't have Iron Will on most of my survivors.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549
    Male Survivors

90% (or more) of the time when I'm a survivor I'm Bill, so it's really not much of a question for me.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Female Survivors

I want to get Jeff to P3 50, but I've had Claudette Prestige 3 since September 2018, so I've never really gone back.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Male Survivors

David and Quentin.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Male Survivors

I basically play everyone, but I usually play Steve, Jeff and Tapp.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Female Survivors

I only play Kate except for challenges, etc. She's my only maxed-out survivors. For the rest, my bp go into my killers.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322

My choice is both, as my two mains are a male and a female.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited June 2020
    Female Survivors

My mains are an even split with Nea and Quentin, but the other characters I put points and time into tend to be female; Nancy, Yui, Kate, and Heather all being gals and Dwight and Ash being the only exceptions.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Male Survivors

I'm just a humble Jake main

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Male Survivors

Male.

I main Quentin, and will sometimes play Steve or Jeff

• GreentheNinja
    GreentheNinja Member Posts: 71
    Male Survivors

Really it depends on what I'm feeling. Usually I'll play Jake, but if I feel like engaging in some pure Blendette action, I'll switch over to her.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Male Survivors

Dwight and David, occasionally Jake. When I play female, it's either Feng or Cheryl.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Male Survivors

Steve or Jeff. They remind me of myself if I was cool.