Can sb explain me the BHVR logic?

DE_DireWolf
DE_DireWolf Member Posts: 22
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

So yesterday they are handing out more exclusive cosmetics from previous events because they dont want to exclude everyone from skins etc. Same as they did with cosmetics from gaming events all around the globe.

Okay fine... buuuut

Today we are getting the event with crowns and log-in rewards. so... they are exclusive, right? For everyone whos gonna get DBD after this event ended.

Am i the only one whos confused about their reasons and explanations or can i expect the free unlock in a few month? So i would now try my best with every surv and then everyone gets it for free anyway? Not even complaining about my lost legacy jake with the level 0 bug which would made the wäh even longer xD

Im just lost to this logic, seriously

Comments

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

they just want to make ppl happy in their minds(dude they should be politics, they have same opinion about masses),

get free skins? they will be happy, (screw ppl that grinded them, there is much more ppl that will get skins), screw exclusives

literally next day

Hey do you want EXCLUSIVE skin that will be only available when you will log in now? (pls play game, dont be mad)

after a year

Hey do you want FREE skins that ppl were grinding with characters they have lvl 1?

and the cycle continues

• DE_DireWolf

Okay, thanks for your answer. I am a big fan of DBD but i have to say that i dont agree with this statement or reason to 100%. First thing is that legacy then plays a part, if you talk about lost cosmetics. I lost my Legacy 3 Jake and tried to show the support my steam achievement with the date (Aug 2016; Get a P3 on a character) and i showed screenshot. I never got an answer to any of my 8 tickets. And now i have to read that you wanna give other skins out because people lost it. I do see the reason that legacy is more "unique" and sth special, but if this is the overall logic then its not enough to just drop this.

Also there were statements in blogposts and other forum posts where you from BHVR said that you pushed skins to the store after an event because you do want that everyone has access to everything. This is also what you guys wrote when you talked about the question if things from the rift become availible again. there you said you think about the idea of putting it in the shop after 1 year. and the reason was the same: Because you dont wanna make exclusives. Also with these things your current event with new exclusives doesnt make sense fully.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Legacy - months of work to obtain

Event - 10 hours max.

they aren't even the same, not even close.

• DE_DireWolf

Yup. Thanks for this question. With the logic above there is no reason to isolate Legacy that easy. Also it wouldnt explain why they dont give legacy back to players which can prove legacy possession with steam achivement date + screenshots.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Doesn't matter how often we say this. How often we inform people that Legacy skins and Event cosmetics are not equal. It'll be ignored while people continue to scream about wanting the Legacy Skins and not understanding why they aren't releasing Legacy Skins. 😑

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

The point is that LOTS of people didn't get their legacy skins, and they never took the time to give it to people who have the proof because it's too difficult to prove with the only information you're able to provide. Also, it was a reply to this:

"We gave them out because people had lost their event cosmetics and we weren't able to isolate the people who had earned them..."

This is the EXACT same thing that happened with ALL legacies. Even now, I'm still butthurt that I didn't recieve any of my legacies and they refuse to give you it even if you show proof.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Work? How exactly is it work? You play a game with no contract to do so nor getting paid for it.

200hrs per char was for legacy.

• DE_DireWolf

I do not scream for legacy skins for free. All i want is my legacy 3 Jake back where i have tons of evidence for

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Peanits

Is there any word on the deathgarden cosmetics considering it's unlikely that the game is probably going to come to console is there any chance that we could get it

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,508
    edited June 2020

And the people that lost their legacies and spent hours just to lose their hard work you say "well thats unfortunate"?Cmon man.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

why are you taking work so literally lmao? when you clean your house do you get paid for it, is there a contract? It's still work lmfao.

back then the game wasn't well established, resetting your character was a risk because who knew if the game would survive back then, it was a way bigger deal then you make it seem

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

So using expressions, word in order to be theatrical is fine?

Regarding my house, i do pay someone to clean mine.

How is it a risk to reset your character because nobody knew whether the game survives or not?

• RockoRango
    edited June 2020

Uh... Yeah? A lot of people didn't prestige back then (because it was too much work to go through the bloodweb again), so even if they were level 50 they didn't get legacy. This was not fair. Then you have the people, like myself, who have been playing since the game got out of beta and should've recieved legacy cosmetics, but didn't because we didn't think we'd have to backup our save file just to make sure our legacies didn't straight-up disappear for no apparent reason (which they did). Maybe they should treat legacies in a different manner, but in a manner in which, if one can prove they had/deserved legacy, they receive it. I don't know HOW many times I've told people who ask that I've been playing the game since launch, and then say I'm fibbing because I don't have any legacy cosmetics.

I'll always be EXTREMELY pissed when someone gloats about having Legacy Nurse, because I deserved it and didn't get it, compared to BHVR unlocking the 2016 Halloween cosmetics and me not caring because it simply doesn't matter.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Any logic applied to Event exclusive cosmetics can be applied to Legacy cosmetics.

If you're going to unlock event cosmetics for everyone because some people lost theirs, you should do the same for the people who lost Legacy cosmetics due to the EXACT SAME BUG and simply release them to everyone.

If you want to keep Legacy exclusive to reward long time players, you should do the same for players who were present at the events when they happened because they too are long time players.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

and you will do the same thing with this cosmetics as well you are jusy unable to keep things safe that the sad tre about the game for my 4 yers of playing and grinding my ass of

• RockoRango

I totally agree with this completely, as it will both keep the cosmetics exclusive and also give them to people who lost them due to bugs. If someone can prove they bought the game before legacies (in 2016) (Which you can), they should be entitled to legacy cosmetics.

• UberSolus
    UberSolus Member Posts: 87

Kinda just makes me not want to even bother with this event and unlocking everything because knowing BHVR it'll be unlocked for all in 2 months so it's pointless.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

I see people continue to complain for anything. It's either you want these 4th anniversary cosmetics or you don't, regardless, you get them for free or minimal effort. If the only deciding factor in you wanting them is a guarantee that future DBD players can never get them, then by all means continue to harass the Devs with your pathetic selfishness.