this event makes it kinda hard to be nice

Options
Mookywolf
Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

when theres events going on, i try to be be nice when im killer. hook everyone once, then take them to whatever the event objective is next time i down them, and just in general farm bloodpoints. but this event... with the crown being unpredictable and despawning and reappearing elsewhere, its been pretty much impossible to try and give people the crown. i mean im still just letting survivors go and all but i'd really like to make sure they all get a crown at least.

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

It's nice to see at least one killer doing this. I was doing this myself, but other killers, well they see that sparkle and you've just earned yourself a trip to the hook. I'm just seeing more and more killers ramming down survivors with a crown just because they can. But, saying that, there are also now survivors who will also just act as selfishly and let you die on hook just so they can hatch escape for the crown.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I've noticed in my killer matches not many survivors are sparkling. I feel bad they either have given up trying to find them or they just can't find them even without killer pressure on them.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

The event really just promotes gen rushing and selfishness for suvivors. I do try being nice but I see people coming in with so much busted stuff that I really don't want to let them live. Beefy flashlights and toolboxes on Mothers Dwelling and such. I don't see why killers just grab the crown but survivors have to put in way more effort.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    Options

I tried being nice for about two matches. Then everyone wanted to act like jerks. Some people have a really crap attitude. Like "the killer isn't killing me so he either sucks or it's my godlike skill!" The others it's either they can't take a hint,or can't believe it's possible someone could try to be nice. Anyways after the first few matches all I saw was people using their mains that aren't even able to get a crown. Still managed to have fun playing with killers I would absolutely never use and getting my crown while slaughtering Everyone lol. I tried Billy once and thought he was impossible,never tried again. Was able to get a 4k with him. Worst match was Nurse. I can't use her for anything. But they insisted trying to do one specific gen when there were safer options,pretty much bringing the kills to me lol.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020
    Options

I love this it’s every man and woman for themselves😂.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

Personally I just play normally no matter the circumstances. If I had a good game I might give hatch, if I had a bad game...well you are already out then :P. I find farming boring and legit hate every second I waste in a game with people that wanna farm. I get it, but I personally think farming is worse than toxic survivors/killers.

Toxic killers? Yeah ok I am getting face camped and thats not insanely fun but at least I had one chase before the game was over and I know this silly boy isnt gonna get a lot out of playing like this. Thats slightly optimistic because survivors love suiciding for people on hooks, but still counts imo.

Toxic survivors? Litteraly just rude #########, ignore them/defeat them/mori them/tunnel them. You have options here its not all great but usually you can return fire.

But farming....you now have your former teammates and the killer working together to do ######### all for 20 minutes, while you are falling asleep trying to do 5 gens.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290
    Options

I try to play normal, but if I see a sparkling OC survivor with no crown I'll avoid putting them on a killing hook. Having a killer who isn't playing the game so people can get event items is appreciated, but it's also a little annoying. At least keep survivors on their toes and let them earn some decent BP too!

• miachan22
    miachan22 Member Posts: 36
    Options

I'm a survivor main, but after getting a few crowns I played nice as killer on PC. Did some challenges, hooked everyone once, in the end opened the door and let them leave. Everyone gets their crowns, chase points, altruism points, a lot of love in the chat after. Tried to do the same on PS4 later (both as 20 rank killer) and #########. A lot of flashlight spamming, vaulting nonstop, blinding at the gates for no reason at all.

:(

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

If someone has the crown, don't kill them. If someone is looking for the crown, don't kill them. If a licensed survivor grabs the crown/has one, kill them.

Its not that hard.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

Once I get my 4 BBQ stacks, I usually take the time to look for the crown. If a Survivor crosses my path, I give them a smack but don't chase them.