Whats the point in playing by survivor rules.

Whenever i play killer i try not to tunnel people or camp but every time i let them go Its just a no pressure genrush and the game is over.

Comments

• BadWraithMain
    BadWraithMain Member Posts: 25

You play by survivor rules? Lol

In all seriousness, play however you want. It's not about what's nice, it's about what gets you the W.

With that being said, tunneling and camping aren't effective strategies once the survivors know what you're up to/ are loaded out to deal with that, and they adjust accordingly.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

I don't care about survivor rules, and I don't camp or tunnel, I see a survivor, I chase him.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Just so that the game is fair for everyone. All survivors really ask for killer is for them to just not tunnel and camp. At least I ask for that...

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Did you quote the wrong comment?

In case you didn't, let me tell you. I'm killer that plays fairly, meaning no camping and tunnelling. I aim to get 12 hooks every game.However, sometimes camping and tunnelling is not camping and tunnelling.

For instance, some survivors jump on a gen right after being unhooked. You can't blame me for smacking, slugging or hooking you again because i can't just stand there watching you doing your objective. IMO these instance are extremely fair to both side. You decide to be greedy, so you can't blame me for it. But usually survivors can get away from their greed because of 2nd chance perks... what can i do..?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

'Play properly,' as in, play by your rules. No thank you.

OP, play as you see fit. As a killer, your objective is to kill. Do that as you see fit, and when survivors throw a tantrum over you not 'playing properly,' you know you're doing your job well.

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138

Its already 4 vs 1. It is fair. It is not against the rules. Survivors just cant handle losing. Ive been on that hook. Nose to nose with a killer in less than 60 seconds. It sucks. LOL. But the definition of fair is "In accordance with the rules or standards, legitimate." Look it up. So until the people that made the game & run the show say otherwise, it IS fair.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

DS is mostly fine as it is what im trying to say is I try not to down survivors that just got unhooked and i try not to stay near the hook even when someone is nearby. Its not fun being downed right as you get unhooked as survivor or having someone loop the killer in font of you while your hooked, but when you try to make the game fun for you and the opposite team they see that and rush the gens because by not slugging or looping someone around a hook when you can you essentially forfeit the extra pressure

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

none. A killer can't win 12 chases, you have to camp or tunnel at key moments, if you play how survivors want (chase, hook, chase other survivor saw with bbq, repeat...) you will hardly 4k, unless you're facing a bad team.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

It seems like you go too far out of you way to make the game fun for survivors. Most of them don't care nor appreciate your efforts. So why continue to make the game unfun for yourself?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

There's a difference between "playing by the rules" as so many other killers put it, and understanding the survivor situation, playing towards the emblem system because the HUNT is better than the kill, getting more emblems because this playstyle is what the emblem system wants, playing killers and tactics to support this and slow down the game in other ways and doing well without infuriating everyone else.

There are no "Rules" from survivors. It is simply them saying "Can you NOT prevent me from playing the video game, please and thank you?"

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

There isn't a point. You'll just make some people made if you really camp/tunnel. Not a big deal though since doing either for real is a terrible strat.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

A lion doesnt concern itself with the opinions of sheep

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

if they don't respect you, don't respect them. It's that easy.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Play for you not for the other if you have fun campong do it and if you want to play with the survivor rule book do it in my opinion as a killer only 2 map let you play with the survivor rule book and its the game and hawkin all the other are survivor side in my opinion

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

This right here. If you only play killer you'll never understand survivors. And if you only player survivor you'll never understand killers. It's simply trying to allow everyone a chance to enjoy a match.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

You know I'm a pretty good killer, a way better killer than survivor actually, but i survive nearly every game, the games i don't are normally when im getting tunneled or even more common lately, moried. So as a mediocre, lets even say above average survivor, I will probably escape if you play by da rulez.

But I get it all the killers are just bad, they need to learn to get better and get a PhD in killing survivors but again...im not really that great ay survivor. I don't even really put too much effort in most of the time.

I just think its kind of funny that in this partisan war a lot of "survivor mains" (aka people who play half the game) will tell killers to play by Da Rulez and spend a few 100 hours learning the ins and out of killer while they play in SFW all meta perks. I honestly attribute a ton of my success to spinechill and DH alone. As killer there's no perks that i feel carry me and it took me wayyy longer to git gud at killer than it did with survivor.

Not trying to come at you just food for thought.

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138

Maybe you should read a little more before you criticise. I posted three times before that one. Youre qualified to work at CNN

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

There is absolutely no reason play by any made up house rules. You will be punished for it everytime. Just play the game and let the salties salt. You can decide on your level of oppressiveness or obnoxiousness or benevolence and tweak your game to suit.

Does the situation favour a tunnel to regain pressure, or bit of an egc/basement camp to get a kill then feel free to do it. There are counters to this and if survivors play them well they will counter you.

You want to give the hatch or deny the hatch that's in your power, again you decide. Play a few light matches and take it easy then break out your power build for a snowballing facestomp its up to you.

Players will do everything in their power to tilt you and make you lose, flashlight clicking, butt dancing its all part of the game (It's too obnoxious for me but hey you do you if you like). You have the option to do that too... any post game salt is irrelevant.

Don't feel bad for playing the game. I'm not saying you should be as obnoxious as possible, or grief people etc etc I just want folks to remember that you are not responsible for anyone else's fun. Play the killer how you want to play it, you'll either make friends or lose friends or a bit of both.

Remember bragging in end game chat is just a sad as having a sore loser meltdown, don't be that person everyone dislikes that person. Above all else be humble in your wins and composed in your losses.

• PigMainClaudette

Your not You're.

There is no such thing as CNN where I live.

And I meant in relation to MY STATEMENT. I cannot believe that I have to specify that.

What I did was also not criticism. I was dismissing you in a similar manner to how you blew off part of my argument with actually offering anything in terms of a counter-argument and what little you provided can be described as a matter of viewpoint, rather than a counter-point. You mention me in a comment, you are talking in relation to what I HAVE POSTED. If you had simply stated "I said [topic in relation] in an earlier post", then sure I would have gone back and checked, maybe even apologising.

Your little bits before that also make you sound more like an entitled killer, than someone who has actually played both sides and experienced what you're arguing in favour for. Even using a piece of SATIRE as an argument!

If I'm CNN, then surely you're on the level of something like Buzzfeed.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Because its impossible to play "properly" and have a chance at winning against a competent team. There are too many map resources and too little time. Camping, tunneling, and slugging is your only chance.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

By properly you mean to follow made up survivor rules? Got it.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I don’t “play by the survivor rule book”, whatever that means, but it’s more fun to play aggressive and pressure everyone than it is to camp (yawn).

I’m not sure why so many killers are obsessed with the “survivor rule book”. No one’s gonna come and take your PC/console away if you tunnel someone. It’s not bannable to play in a way survivors don’t like so you’re free to do as you please, and they’re free to have an opinion. Sometimes their opinion is dumb and sometimes it’s not. It’s just a game so don’t take it so seriously.

• PigMainClaudette

"Survivor rule book" is just a dog-whistle term for killers who play like trash and get called out for it so they can feel better about themselves because there are no actual ramifications for literally ruining people's games.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Then you're doing something wrong. Not tunneling can give a lot of pressure, especially if you make it not clear that you're not tunneling.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Right, cause survivors gloating at the gates after beating the killer to a pulp due to terrible maps, crutch perks, and quite literally the worst balancing team video gaming history, is not toxic. Right.

• PigMainClaudette

Did I say it wasn't?

Flashlighting at pallets, teabagging at gates and abusing the power of something like DS annoys the hell out of me too and I call it out there. But, last time I checked this is not a thread about that.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Gloating has existed in almost every PvP game and will continue to exist for as long as people are playing them. My boyfriend plays a game called Brawlhalla and some people there gloat every single time they get a kill, lmao. If gloating bothers you that badly then I’d honestly recommend staying away from PvP games because you’ll never escape it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Ok bud. I'm talking about the community, not the devs. The devs say its fair but its still frowned upon. Which I don't blame people for getting mad when it happens.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

You don't have to play by survivor's rules. But that doesn't change that tunneling, camping etc is frustrating for survivors.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

I'd like you to explain how. I can only think of a handful of killers that can get away with not slugging, camping, or tunneling against meta survivors at red ranks. Sure, you can play really 'nice' as pop goes the weasel Freddy / Spirit. Try no slow-down perk clown and it's a real different story.

If you jump into a red rank game against a good team with a weak killer the game can literally end in under 4-5 minutes. Especially if you are not running corrupt intervention so you have 2-3 survivors spawn on top of generators and start working on them 5-10 seconds into the game.

It's typical to lose 1 gen for your first hook even with corrupt on the weaker killers. If you don't make something of that hook, you are going to lose every time unless the team is boosted.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I usually play pretty "nice" simply because it's more fun for me that way. I'm not saying others should do the same, play however you want.

I just like to chase people and I'd much rather chase people around and get 2 kills or something than tunnel/camp and get 4 kills. Because I often get bored if I do that and I don't play games to be bored.

At the same time that does mean if I see someone, I'm gonna chase them. If I see someone running for the hook, I'll chase them even if they keep running for it. If I run into someone that was recently unhooked I'll chase them just like anyone else, but I won't go out of my way to specifically go for them I'll just chase the first person I see lol.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Play how you want, just know there's consequences to certain play styles. Just don't hold anything back for the sake of the "fun of survivors".

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The point is it makes survivor games easier.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

It isn't hard to play fair and 4k. you gotta know when it isn't worth going after someone and keep pressure by making pathing choices that force them to where others are or where you want to go next. I'm a GD moron and I can do it with basic m1 killers. It's an excuse to be lazy by people who want to ruin others good time.

I have to admit though I belly laugh when the killer gets the least points cause we didn't fall for his crap.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

The point is to make the game fun for everyone. I tend to think of it more as etiquette than a rule book. Admittedly I don’t follow it if it’s endgame or a toxic SWF.

But play however you want to play.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

I find it insulting when an opponent feels they have to "go easy" on me (or "play fair", as some people like to misname it) because they don't think I'm worth the effort. Maybe you like it when opponents hand you a win on a silver platter, but I don't.