Survivor entitlement

Options
2»

Comments

• Bigboifordays
    Bigboifordays Member Posts: 17
    Options

Its to let other players know "Hey stay away from this person!". Yeah i agree that its a bad idea. But its really rare to see it.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2020
    Options

I have had killers say " why didnt you let me kill you! Why did you escape?!!"

I'm just like it's my goal to escape.....

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2020
    Options

I play killer and survivor evenly but I switched to just playing survivor because I'm trash as killer. But when I play survivor, killers on ps4 are so toxic and rude that I switch my messaging to private so only friends can message me. So now I have a lot of friend requests. Killers like to hate on survivors a lot but surv likes to hate on killers too

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

the survivor in this post is acting entitled. they believe they are due some sort of behavior from the killer because its a event. the killer doesn't have to do anything for the survivor and if the survivor expects him to just because he can get a item its because he feels entitled to get out because he has the crown. Youre saying the killer is entitled? but why, do you know what the definition of entitled is. entitled=believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. The killer is just playing a normal game and the survivor is trying to get out for free because he want a crown.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Facecamp him next time and tell him why. I mean if killer had to kill to get these stupid crowns I guess survivors would just let the killer kill them..LOL

• shanny_boi
    shanny_boi Member Posts: 146
    Options

Just because this is an event doesn't mean killers have to bend over for you to **** them. Yes, its difficult for survivors to obtain this cosmetic as they must escape while killers don't need to do anything. But maybe if you spent less time complaining on the forums about it, and spent that time getting better at DBD, you could actually escape with the crown.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

That's not his fault tho. That's the game devs choice to make it that way. Do you think all survivors should throw the game for killers if you had to get a 4k with the crown to get it? Bet you wouldn't defend killers complaining about not getting a crown after the survivors didn't let the killer win. Killers shouldn't have to let survivors go they should be skilled enough to get out with crown and not get caught. I agree that survivors should just have to find it and finish the game like killers but I think the reason they did that is so survivors wouldn't just kill themselves on hook after getting the crown. It's fine to disagree with Somthing but don't blame killers for not throwing the game for you to get a cosmetic.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

It's ironic that you tell him to work for his cosmetic when you got yours for free.

Not that I'm saying he has a point, I'm just saying neither do you.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

I already said this on another chat but I've received racist, homophobic messages on xbox from entailed survivors. Before the event just as much. It doesn't matter hoe fair you play entailed toxic survivors will be toxic entailed survivors.

• RiskyShark
    RiskyShark Member Posts: 19
    Options
  • RiskyShark
    Options

Nah I only play dead by daylight and ark with some friends and a bunch of single player games. Plus even when I did play other games like over watch, fortnite or any cod game this never happened. It only started happening when I got to purple ranks on dead by daylight

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Wouldnt really say its entitlement, during events i'd like to think gamers would come together and help each other get any rewards.

Its being nice, ive never once said no to a killer whos asked for help with a challenge. I help, i even let one rancor me recently. Its a game, help and be nice. Its not difficult.

• RiskyShark
    Options

Ok but I also don't care and I can play the game the way it's intended to kill the survivors. It's optional to get the crown just like it's optional to do challenges

• YawningBear
    YawningBear Member Posts: 6
    Options

What got me really twisted rn is that people are agruing with eachother about this 😬

Boohoo killer scary man from dead by daylight didn't let survivor pal live for simple cosmetic. Boo hoo, try again?

This community really get their panties in a twist sometimes and its ridiculous

• Sinatyxmas
    Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72
    Options

Not sure if you know this, but you can get the survivor crowns by just PLAYING THE GAME NORMALLY. I got all the survivors crowns less than 2 days. And what if the survivors in his match already had crowns, but were just trying to find an excuse to get a free escape. Killers are supposed to kill. Its in the name. Survivors are supposed to try to escape and survive. It doesnt mean that the killer has to let them go. But I guess this makes me entitled as well, huh? I hate to point out the obvious here...but he is in the right. Its their decision.

• Papayarng
    Papayarng Member Posts: 73
    Options

You do realise that survivors also have to find the crown? It isn't just "put in their inventory". The survivors have to do more work for the crowns.

Also you say thet if there was a killing requirement then survivors would try to deny the killer kills..... thats what survivors do. They survive. And yes i know that killers kill but i just wanted to point out all the points yu made were pointless.

Also as you say. "low rank survivor" low ranks and red ranks are two completely different mindsets.

• Papayarng
    Papayarng Member Posts: 73
    Options

Like okay i get where you are coming from but you literally didnt have to work for it at all

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

You're right what I meant was if killers had to get X amount of hooks or hook on special hooks survivors would actively break them despite being hooked does not negate their ability to earn a crown. Much like the BBQ Summer event survivors would break the event hooks to deny killer their progress and how killers would guard event gens to prevent survivors their progress. Survivors have to survive otherwise it would be like the hallowed blight event where, once they get their item they would immediately try to get hooked and suicide on hook to go to the next match for more of that item. Whenever one side has to do an action if there is the ability to negate that the other side tends to try and do so or work around to get their progression faster.

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96
    Options

We have just as much right to speak up about OUR experiences as you do to tell people the equivalence of 'shut up'.

Nobody is asking to be handed the rewards. Shouldn't be considered entitled to be irked about getting tunneled to death off first hook six times in a row.

Yeah, that happened today because they're purposefully targeting people who have them as someone else has stated here already and if you don't escape, you don't get it. Thus making them harder to get for those who keep saying 'it's easy lul, just escape'. Yeah, that would be nice if we had a fair chance at doing so without people being petty.

I've already gotten all of mine despite these ######### people, but that doesn't mean it's still not wrong of killers to be purposefully targeting people because they have one. It doesn't suddenly become okay to do just because I've gotten what I wanted. It's still affecting people who haven't.

Imagine thinking something that is wrong is okay because it doesn't affect you. Couldn't be me. 🤷‍♀️

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96
    Options

There's a big difference between getting upset because you're not getting out with one because of normal game play and not getting out with one because you're being targeted for having one over and over and over and over.

If you die in a regular game and didn't get it, whatever.

If the killer messages you after the match to brag about how they prevented you from getting it, it's not just whatever and it's worse when you run into the same killer multiple times.

It's pretty ######### scummy and there's so many, but their messages can't be used against them to show that you're being targeted because it's not within the client. (Ps4)

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited June 2020
    Options

I haven't really been following the earning rules of this event because, well to be honest, I typically don't care about cosmetics in Dead by Daylight. The only games I go for cosmetics in are Overwatch or transmogs in WoW.

Anyway, a Killer just has to finish a trial after finding a crown, but survivors must escape? Bloody hell if that isn't a new level of lopsided from BHVR.

Well, guess when I play Killer during this thing, I'm going to be letting a lot of survivors escape, then.

• CogHead
    CogHead Member Posts: 14
    Options

And which page of the Survivors Rulebook For Killers can I find the rule that states I have to let survivors go during events? Because the DBD rulebook says:

Killers are supposed to kill.

Survivors are supposed to try to survive.

The cosmetic isn't even that good anyway.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

More like the community period has serious false sense of oppression.

• CogHead
    CogHead Member Posts: 14
    Options

My favorite complaint I've received as a Killer:

I was playing my first game of Pyramid Head, and got The Game. Time went by, and I eventually found two survivors in the bathroom: a Lucy and a Meg. I chased the Lucy, and eventually sent her to a cage. She was quickly saved, and I was nearby patrolling gens. I checked it out, and the Lucy ran right into me. I downed her after she used her Dead Hard, and hooked her. The Meg saved her, and I chased her around. By the time I downed and hooked her, two gens were done. Meg got saved, and was healed so Deathbound went off. I made my way over, and downed the Meg and hooked her again after running into her. I found Lucy shortly after, hit her and a third gen popped. She saved the Meg, and I downed Lucy. I chased Meg and got her too. I hooked Meg, and by then Lucy was up. I went back downstairs where I ran right into Lucy. She didn't last long. At that point, I had the setup for a decent three-gen and started to patrol them. A few minutes pass, and I finally run into a Claudette working on a gen. I hook her, and start running around the bottom floor looking for the hatch. Claudette dies on the hook, and the last survivor, who I didn't even see the whole game, escapes through the hatch.

After the game, I received a message from the Lucy complaining that I tunneled her the whole game. I explained pretty much exactly what I said here. She literally ran into me every time, and she still complained. When it comes to this game, each side has a complete lack of empathy for the other. Survivors don't understand how demoralizing fighting a full SWF can be, and Killers don't understand that solo queueing sucks.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

this how i am too i mean sometime killer or survivor need help.it not really i want the killer to go easy on me it killers going out of they way to camp tunnel mori anyone sparky.

i seen killer pass none sparkly survivors(one who are like right there next to killer) to tunnel the one who are sparkly to make sure they don't make it out and alot of the killer using the crown head when doing this like saying i got it your not..