The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it okay to report campers?

2»

Answers

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

I could’a told you that with my 23 flags... none of them for reasonable stuff

Well you wheren't there.

Yet...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

No big surprise, considering what you do in other threads, insulting yourself etc :wink:

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Dragonredking said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

Well you wheren't there.

Yet...

“Hello... is it me your... looking for?”

• Jack11803

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

No big surprise, considering what you do in other threads, insulting yourself etc :wink:

Self abuse needs a NERF!?

• Master

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

Self abuse is a under-category of abuse which is one of the flag options :sarcastic:

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

Self abuse is a under-category of abuse which is one of the flag options :sarcastic:

Well, 21 of my flags are spam (wasn’t a spam post) and the abuse flags were just people mad at me...

• Master

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Dragonredking

Well, 21 of my flags are spam (wasn’t a spam post) and the abuse flags were just people mad at me...

Oh flag me for awful grammar please, what a shame :lol:

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Lowbei said:
    SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@alchemist_z said:

Campers make the game less fun and I think they should be dealt with. I want to know if camping would be counted as an "exploit" or "trolling". If I can't report then what is there to do? I would message teammates of what is going on, but between trying to determine if the killer is camping, getting to a survivors steam account, and then sending the message to the other 1-3 survivors it's hard the fight the timer to struggle phase. Were any updates announced to stop campers?

Why’d you guys report him? He was basically asking in your simple terms without knowing it “is this wrong” and you guys flagged and basically thought “oh, he’s asking a question about if somethings bad, better flag him! Because that totally means he is a bad person for asking a question.

I agree. Its bullshit he is getting flagged. OP is nothing but polite and respectful in all his responses here. I think the flag button has become the replacement for the downvote button at this point.

Thats really ironic since you flagged my post about how 50% bonus xp for the killer during SWF would help, simply because you wanted to whine about the games mechanics.

You are not mature enough for forums. No offense :)

I must have missed something, since when does you get notificated about who is flagging you?

Flag me and I will tell ya whether I was able to see that it was you
    For some reason I cant flag myself :wink:

Sure

edit: should normally be done by now

Did you flagg my previous post? I cant see a flag when looking at it and I didnt receive a notification either

I did, it also said that my complain was registered.

Ok interesting, can you see the flag in your post
    "Sure

edit: should normally be done by now"

From my point of view there is a flag at your post now, but none at mine
    Maybe you cant see flags of your own posts at all

Don't know why it didn't worked on my end but I can now confirm that you don't get notified that you're getting flag and even less who flagged you therefor @Lowbei is only speculating that @SadonicShadow flagged him unless he told it to him.

ahh. i know he did, because he posted right after he flagged it that he disagreed with the idea. which is why i found it ironic that he would be talking about flag abuse in another thread at the same time.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited June 2018

@Lowbei said:
    Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Lowbei said:

SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@alchemist_z said:

Campers make the game less fun and I think they should be dealt with. I want to know if camping would be counted as an "exploit" or "trolling". If I can't report then what is there to do? I would message teammates of what is going on, but between trying to determine if the killer is camping, getting to a survivors steam account, and then sending the message to the other 1-3 survivors it's hard the fight the timer to struggle phase. Were any updates announced to stop campers?

Why’d you guys report him? He was basically asking in your simple terms without knowing it “is this wrong” and you guys flagged and basically thought “oh, he’s asking a question about if somethings bad, better flag him! Because that totally means he is a bad person for asking a question.

I agree. Its bullshit he is getting flagged. OP is nothing but polite and respectful in all his responses here. I think the flag button has become the replacement for the downvote button at this point.

Thats really ironic since you flagged my post about how 50% bonus xp for the killer during SWF would help, simply because you wanted to whine about the games mechanics.

I must have missed something, since when does you get notificated about who is flagging you?

Sure

Did you flagg my previous post? I cant see a flag when looking at it and I didnt receive a notification either

"Sure

Don't know why it didn't worked on my end but I can now confirm that you don't get notified that you're getting flag and even less who flagged you therefor @Lowbei is only speculating that @SadonicShadow flagged him unless he told it to him.

ahh. i know he did, because he posted right after he flagged it that he disagreed with the idea. which is why i found it ironic that he would be talking about flag abuse in another thread at the same time.

Understandable, but it might still just be a coincidence tho

Edit: Jebus christ the quote break easily.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Dragonredking said:

@Lowbei said:
    Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Lowbei said:

SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@alchemist_z said:

Sure

"Sure

I never flagged lowbei. I might disagree with what he thinks but that dosen't mean i am going to flag him because i disagree with him. I am not the only person on this forum.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

@Dragonredking said:

@Lowbei said:
    Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Master said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Lowbei said:

SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@alchemist_z said:

Sure

"Sure

I never flagged lowbei. I might disagree with what he thinks but that dosen't mean i am going to flag him because i disagree with him. I am not the only person on this forum.

lol
  • fantomas
    fantomas Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    Please, the game is weighted so heavily in favor of the survivors camping becomes a needed tactic.

What about the survivors who swarm the killer to prevent him hooking the survivor? Or the teams who focus on destroying hooks first so I can't actually win? Or the lame survivor who camps at the escape hatch waiting for the third person to die so they can take the easy way out? I've lost games with five generators left with that lame tactic. Don't act like survivors play the game honorably, they don't. 

My job is to kill you and i will do so anyway I can within the confines of the game.

At least once a day I get a friend invite with a message saying "i destroy campers" or some other inane threat. News flash, buttercup. I killed you, you ain't destroying anything.

Stop whining and get better at the game.

Post edited by fantomas on
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@Runiver I do make a lot of mistakes in this game, but I don't understand why it is wrong to tell other "teammates" about wasting their time trying to get me. I think of them as teammates because it feels as if you're a team and to succeed you must try to get out together, not to mention the benevolence points. But after reading all the previous comments I get the point and understand, but why can't I communicate to teammates? Not trying to be rude or anything, but I feel as if communication and thinking of these strangers that I meet is as viable as camping. But anyway, I appreciate your contribution and answer to my question :).

Hit pause on it yoy see the survivors if your being camped at stage one tell them not to waste time on you and do the gens your not mad at them for winning
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@redsopine1 said:
    alchemist_z said:

@Runiver I do make a lot of mistakes in this game, but I don't understand why it is wrong to tell other "teammates" about wasting their time trying to get me. I think of them as teammates because it feels as if you're a team and to succeed you must try to get out together, not to mention the benevolence points. But after reading all the previous comments I get the point and understand, but why can't I communicate to teammates? Not trying to be rude or anything, but I feel as if communication and thinking of these strangers that I meet is as viable as camping. But anyway, I appreciate your contribution and answer to my question :).

Hit pause on it yoy see the survivors if your being camped at stage one tell them not to waste time on you and do the gens your not mad at them for winning

Why necro?

• redsopine1
    Tsulan said:

@redsopine1 said:
    alchemist_z said:

Why necro?

Can you clarify what u mean
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@redsopine1 said:
    Tsulan said:

@redsopine1 said:

alchemist_z said:

@Runiver I do make a lot of mistakes in this game, but I don't understand why it is wrong to tell other "teammates" about wasting their time trying to get me. I think of them as teammates because it feels as if you're a team and to succeed you must try to get out together, not to mention the benevolence points. But after reading all the previous comments I get the point and understand, but why can't I communicate to teammates? Not trying to be  rude or anything, but I feel as if communication and thinking of these strangers that I meet is as viable as camping. But anyway, I appreciate your contribution and answer to my question :).

Why necro?

Can you clarify what u mean

The thread ended in June. Now it´s September...

• redsopine1
    Ah tbh I did not see that thanks for letting me know
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I wish when people necro'd something that is over a month old there would be a flag on the post somehow. Then an insta time out for the person doing it.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    @alchemist_z best way to counter a camper: GEN RUSH. of course it'll cost you to play the sacrifical lamb but hey, maybe the Killer will learn camping isn't a good strategy. If its the end of the game, exit doors are powered and what not, then just prepare to die (especially if you're the only one thats hooked, they need their points)
  • Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19

Camping is only "intended" until they figure out how to creatively address it. Until then, sure, it's "intended".

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Slyther83 said:
    Camping is only "intended" until they figure out how to creatively address it. Until then, sure, it's "intended".

Regrettably, it seems that hook vultures can't be taught.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@Slyther83 said:

Why did you necro this?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@alchemist_z said:

I get that being camped is not enjoyable. However, you just can't ban it outright. When I play killer I find that people that run in circles and loop make the game "less fun" yet I don't try to get players banned for playing a strategy that's not fun.

Survivors have several ways to counter camping:

• They have the "arm wave tactic" that is almost universally accepted as "the killer is near"
    • They have Borrowed Time a perk that gives you the ability to give rescued survivors another health state if they are rescued and hit within the TR.
    • You have Kindred which reveals the auras of other survivors to each other, alongside revealing the killer's aura if they are within 8 meters of the hook. You can also use Open-Handed to boost this radius to reveal the killer within a 16 meter radius of you at most.
    • You also have a new safety bubble that prevents you from taking damage until you regain control of your character which when combined with bodyblocking and exhaustion perks makes it extraordinarily difficult to immediately down a survivor after they have been unhooked.

On top of all of these survivor assets, there are some killer perks (Barbeque and Chili, Hex: Devour Hope, and Make Your Choice) that also reward killers for keeping some distance between themselves and the hook.

Camping can be annoying, but with everything available to everyone it's one of the worse game strategies that only really benefits the killer if the survivors are stupid and rush the hook. If you are determined to not get camped ever again than what I recommend is that you ignore generators entirely until the first survivor is injured (or downed if it's a No Mither user). Then once you know that the killer isn't going to catch you first you can work on gens at your leisure without fear of being the first caught and camped.

This discussion has been closed.