I don't ask for much but can we at least fix totem spawns?

I know people are gonna say somthing like "if they put totems and good locations nobody is gonna be able to find them". But honestly the totem spawns now are absolutely stupid. They shouldn't spawn at all next to gens, killer shak, or open fields like the corn field. Ik there are decent spots on the map u can do besides those. I had a game where my ruin spawned on a rock with no cover on anything and I think the map was one of the autohavens. Honestly I just ask if we can just get better totem spawns and if anyone else has had crappy totems placements. Also if u have pics of crappy totems placements send them I just wanna see all they have.

Comments

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

At least they have made the totems harder to see. They have been darkened.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

I feel like these may come with map reworks, example Lèry's and Badham have some of the best dpsens in the game (and some of the worst lol). In storehouse there's this one spot in the middle where the totem is hidden in the debris on the shelves and honestly it's so cool.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Is still bugging me when they rework some maps but the totems still spawn near gens yet

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

I laughed so hard when I read that developer asking if cleansing the totems he hid was considered cheating, during the loading screen. Like, they're not even hid, lmao.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188

I disagree with you on that maybe the part about corn field is valid but the close to gens one isn't. Why should a hex totem spawn next to the survivors main objectives? I ligit Just got out of a game where my hex spawn at fun bus (one of THEE most popular loops in the game) also there was a gen right next to it. I knew it wasn't gonna last long and killers aren't going to be able to defend it otherwise gens get popped. All I ask is that they think a little harder on where totem spawns at.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,078

There are also good Totem Spots, but nobody talks about them:

This is a wall at the Storehouse. Without the Map I would not have found the Totem. There are some really good Totem Spots out there, especially on newer Maps.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

If totems are hid even more, then NOED needs a nerf.

This is why I DO NOT cleanse totems, because we'll cleanse the ones that's easy to find and leave the ones that are hard to find, and when NOED pops we won't be able to find the really hidden ones. At least if NOED procs and we haven't cleansed totems, I'll go back to where I know totems have been and that way I don't waste time cleansing totems if there's no NOED.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163

I felt wicked bad for a killer earlier today, they had 2 hex totems and they spawned right next to eachother. The other 3 totems were spread out and hidden but not these two. Was just ruin and retribution but still had to suck hearing them go off back to back.

Corn totems are a pain to find compared to the other totems. I see those get overlooked all the time by survivors.

• Thatsmartguy

This wasn't about noed I don't think this was needed lol. U making this about nerfing noed?

• Thatsmartguy

Ik that hexes are 50/50 but killers should actually get the chance to use them like for building stacks for devour or lullaby. I don't think it's right for the hexes to spawn right next to survivors main objectives.

• Thatsmartguy

Yes there is some maps where totems actually be in decent locations but then there are the ones next to gens or just basically in plain sight.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

You say "I don't ask for much". But it is. Of course there are some spots where everyone agrees that they are stupid. But this is just a handfull on 30 maps. When it comes to "when are they allowed to spawn", then you have to cut out LOS from gens, LOS from survivor spawn points. That is 11 objects that block any totem spawn point by LOS. You can imagine how big the impact is to find enough valid totem spots then, unless you want survivors to always spawn in 4 man squads.

Totem spawning is not that easy as it might seem

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Totems and NOED go hand and hand, I personally believe that NOED does not need a nerf but if totems are hidden more then I believe that it does.

• Thatsmartguy

I get what your saying but still they can take the time to take some totems away from gens and killer shake. There is some big maps that can be place some different locations.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

This is why I've stopped using Hex perks. Too much risk, not enough reward.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

As a survivor main, the only way this type of trade off is fair is if you give us an exact indication when totems are cleansed by other survivors, and how many totems are left to cleanse.

You get 5 of them, it only takes 1 hard to find totem for you to still keep your NOED.

Use multiple hex perks i.e. Ruin,NOED, HG/DH/Retribution....

Have you tried finding and cleansing all 5 totems on the new Silent Hill map?

I couldn't tell you how many red-ranked killers I have gone against.....dozens of them slaughtered us for 4K, not by asking for survivor nerfs, not by asking for killer buffs, but simply by taking advantage of every mistake we made, and not falling for any common moves. I cannot recall the last time I went against a red-ranked killer who used NOED....very little happens once 5 gens pop and either the remaining survivors escape, or they don't.

Honestly, I wish every killer would bring NOED....they'd lose a perk slot. NOED can only punish lazy survivors, its hardly a magic bullet. Only Deathslinger can possibly extend its efficacy, by harpooning and dragging survivors away from their guaranteed escapes after the timer starts...and combining that with BW could make for interesting builds.....but I am guessing no killer wants to waste this many perk slots for an endgame strategy, amirite?

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 924

I wish the devs could at least fix the totem spawn points some are so exposed out in the open or right there in sight by a gen. I don't like using any Hex perks cause the majority of the time they just get popped with very little value from them. There's one spawn point in one of the car haven maps it's literally under a spot light out in the open.....