Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Came back to quit again

I haven't played the game in some months and decided to give it a go again. Im the lowest rank since I haven't played, and I am playing survivors like back when I was high rank 2 years ago at the lowest rank. Literally rank 1s. I Realized I wasn't having fun chasing survivors who infinite loop and somehow get insane distance from me. I was trying to get used to playing again so being the lowest rank still didn't help. If i was a developer I would make it to where the killer has some sort of speed boost when staring at a running survivor for more than 10 seconds straight. I dont get mad at survivors who can hide and escape, but this game rewards blatant survivors who boldly take the killers attention and loop forever. Which is fine distractions should be a thing, but you should only be able to distract for a short time. Not loop for a whole game. Anyway yea ill try again around Halloween. I used to really enjoy this game and I dont understand why both roles can't have fun. Its obvious since all I read on this forum supports what I said and survivors q times going up. Because no one wants to play killer.

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I just want to point out, you literally asked for bloodlust here, which already exists, albeit a slightly buffed versiin

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

"Survivors hiding doesn't work against good killers, and most killers hate playing against hiding survivors",

false. If survivors hide, the entire time, unless it's Doctor, the killer won't find them easily, because if there are no place to start the hunt, you're screwed.

also, even with whispers, at red ranks, there are so many occasions while as killer you know due to whispers that a survivor is near, but since you can't lose time, you have to search somewhere else.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

God if only there was something that buffed the killers speed 10-15 seconds into a chase. Geez. A man can dream.

• SewerSwans
    SewerSwans Member Posts: 147

The 'place to start the hunt' is a gen that's been touched. If they don't start a gen, you have unlimited time to search, so it doesn't win them the match and tends to lose them it. If a few survivors hide well, they allow you to focus your aggression on a smaller number of targets & kill someone off. If all play stealthy, the amount that their movements & playstyle are constrained by your TR works against them, there's insufficient gen pressure and they generally all die.

Hiding will win the battle but lose the war; that's what I mean by saying it doesn't work.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Could you imagine such a mechanic? Maybe the killers get more power hungry and faster as they chase a survivor, due to a strong lust for blood...

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51

I know there is a crappy buff right now, but it doesn't seem to help much. Doesn't help that I drink when I play so my aim is off too. Im just saying how I feel. I am trying to play again because I remember really liking this game. Second match I got paired with this. I am rank 19. I actually stopped playing when I got tired of chasing one guy. I think a lot of people who play feel like me. You are chasing one player who learns all the loops and it doesn't feel like a killer game anymore. It feels like being in school where everyone rips on one kid.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So the only thing you say is youre bad at chasing.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Unless it's Hag, who forces you to play stealth the entire game or get popped on every tile.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

You'll get better and looping will just be annoying rather than insufferably frustrating. If I can make a suggestion, try focusing on an m1 killer like Legion or Pig when you're working your way out of the lower ranks. These guys will help you establish fundamentals that you can supplement later on with the killers who have neat powers. They also tend to be a little smaller so hitbox issues aren't as noticeable. Once you get a pretty good feel for when you can sneak that hit in on a pallet or window, go play Spirit or Hag and dump on all the survivors that only learned how to loop and are dead in the water if they can't.

Also - I don't know if you're a golfer or not, but this is pretty much the digital version. It's not a game you'll have fun with every match, it's a game that you'll have so much fun with in one match that you can look past the misery of the next 10. So keep in mind that the game turns its back on a number of design fundamentals and is pretty much built to frustrate you (mostly when you're playing killer, but survivor has its issues too). It'll just make a good game feel that much better.

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51

Thanks im trying to keep this game going for myself. I remember really liking it and want my friends to play it with me, it just seems like getting into it can be so frustrating.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

It's cause it's legitimately a poorly designed game that requires the stars to align to provide a positive experience to all parties involved. The internet is a toxic place, of course, but DbD's higher than average share of it for a multiplayer game isn't some weird coincidence.

It's honestly up to you how much you want to put up with until you start getting games that make it feel worth it, but the m1 killer while you're still playing with people who are mostly also learning to loop themselves helped me considerably. It won't translate into immediate 4ks or anything but it'll lay a solid foundation so you won't feel like you have to camp or tunnel to catch anyone later on.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

lmao that's only one mistake, and it's a necessary one in the beginning.

• SewerSwans

Play stealth against Hag and you're guaranteed to die as soon as she finds someone, with her fully deployed web. You play aggressively vs Hag with coordinated trap destruction, destroying her web while she carries to hook, surveiling her to set off her traps with precision so she doesn't get a free M1, etc.

• SewerSwans

Chasing one player the entire game is necessary at the beginning of the game? It would have to be necessary all game if you're chasing all game. Every second after the first 15 you give to a bad chase is its own mistake; watch a player like Fungoose and how casually he breaks off a chase to patrol his gens after getting a pallet, a hit, or even just seeing someone's a very strong looper. You aren't chained to one person until you get your first down.