what non-meta perks do you enjoy?

Options
RagingCalm
RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

I really like We'll Make It, Premonition, Tenacity, Alert, and Open Handed. There are a few more but you get the point: I enjoy quite a few off meta perks. Is anyone else like-minded?

Comments

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • Grandma
    Grandma Member Posts: 36
    Options

Bond + Open handed, for sure.

I'm also partial to Pharmacy over self care, just because if I play correctly I get one fast self heal and a free medkit for next time!

• nTurbo
    nTurbo Member Posts: 4
    Options

Balanced Landing

No killer expects it the first time

• Leon
    Leon Member Posts: 56
    Options

We'll make it, but i wish survivors notice the notification and not let me waste sb running after them to heal them fast.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

We'll Make It , Bond , Technician , Urban Evasion , Unbreakable , Plunderer Instinct , Lithe , Empahty , Open Handed , Kindred i mean there is just to much good perks ^^

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

Plunderer and bond

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Stake Out is a great Survivor perk. Does a great job of countering Ruin.

• Tezzis
    Tezzis Member Posts: 58
    Options

Open Handed, Plunderer's Instinct, Pharmacy and Bond :)

• Quen
    Quen Member Posts: 2
    Options

Tenacity. There was a time where my sis managed to escape after being downed close to the gate with Tenacity right in front of the killer while I stalled for her.

Also, We'll Make It & Bond and great.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Lightweight and Small Game are really nice for that 4th perk slot. Small Game can nullify totems and Trapper/Hag almost entirely. LW let's you just kind run around as much as you want.

Pretty sure Iron Will is considered meta, but if I could pick any 1 perk to use it'd probably be that.

• Akie
    Akie Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have a crush on Up the Ante. :D

Quick&Quiet is nice, especially when you're trying to save someone from the basement and the Killer gets back. Jump into the locker and be save. (Doesn't work all the time tbh.)

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Balanced Landing and Small game. Ofc.

• Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91
    Options
    We’ll Make It is meta

Balanced Landing and Vigil
  • stereoparade
    stereoparade Member Posts: 12
    Options

Empathy is my crutch perk <3

• BlushinUsagi
    BlushinUsagi Member Posts: 3
    Options

Recently I've really loved using Vigil.

• Uncomfortable
    Uncomfortable Member Posts: 15
    Options

Alert, Tenacity, Object of Obsession, Bond, Wake-Up, Vigil, Pharmacy,

• linglingen
    linglingen Member Posts: 40
    Options

Urban evasion (always equipped, I feel naked without it), tenacity and we'll make it.

Tenacity is a really good situational perk, which more people should try out. Has saved my life many times.

• lastloadout
    lastloadout Member Posts: 23
    Options

We'll Make it, Tenacity, Bond, Urban Evasion, Iron Will,

• MimimiLalala
    MimimiLalala Member Posts: 37
    Options

Ordinary I run Sprint Burst| Borrowed Time | Botany Knowledge| Decisive Strike
    but sometimes i swap BK/DS for

Stake Out
    is really fun cus it counters hex ruin when ppl cant find it.
    And it makes not being chased a whole new experience! I love sitting somewhere in a corner in the killer's terror radius waiting for my staks to go up. Feels really rewarding to be a coward, and grants me great skill checks for no effort haha

Ace In the Hole
    Because getting a purple medkit/toolbox/ flashlight with a rare add on never feels bad.

Botany Knowledge
    Its actually in my main loadout. Just saves a lot of time in general and helped me in many situations so far. I consider it a life saver, really.

Boil Over
    Its the new Kate Teachable that makes the killer not see the hooks light up in read (10m range) when he picks me up and makes him stumble around 75% more than usually when i am trying to wiggle out. It looks absolutely hilarious for the killers and is really fun in Kill your Friends. It also makes the killer run into flashlights a lot so far so it might be better than expected. I love it when they are running into other survivors or objects because i wiggle so much, really fun perk :D

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    I'm gonna love the new Dance With Me perk. I already run Lithe and QnQ so I'm gonna be so sneaky!
  • Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764
    Options

No Mither, Plunderer's Instinct, Pharmacy, Ace In The Hole, Up The Ante.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Stakeout. Really enjoy using that perk, especially since its buff :D

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

Bond, one of the most powerful survivor perks, it has so much use!

I love the fun of Pharmacy as well :3

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    I'm gonna love the new Dance With Me perk. I already run Lithe and QnQ so I'm gonna be so sneaky!

Combine it with Lightweight and pooof! You disappear. :3

• Feng
    Feng Member Posts: 28
    Options

Bond and Alert

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2018
    Options

I crutch on LIghtweight so hard, it honestly makes sprinting around the map a lot less dangerous and breaking chases a lot easier.

I'm also a sucker for pharmacy and the free medkits, not to mention the super fast & quiet chest searches (could go well with plunderers and ace in the hole if I ever used those... hmm)

Aaand lets not forget my number 1 go-to Jake loadout with that spicy.... Object of Obsession. I never see anyone beyond low rank people who don't know what they are doing running it but tbh I love this perk. It screams bait, and even if you are not baiting its the best scouting/warning perk. Just glance his way and bam, you know where he is. As long as, you know, you are careful that he doesnt now know where you are....

Also, No Mither. Pairs great with Resilience and This isnt Happening for a dumb gen jockey loadout (or just makes you bait if you run dead-hard)

And I used to love Premonition. Idk why I don't use it now but I still prefer it over spine chill. Has a punishing cooldown, buuut.... well, helps me avoid walking into the killer, unlike spine chill, which just makes me realize I'm in trouble but not which direction to not go to.

Not sure if We'll Make It is meta but I use that a lot too....

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105
    Options

We'll Make It should be meta but isn't used enough...I always have it equipped.

Open Handed with Kindred is really cool, I run Bond pretty much all the time as well because once you use it and see what it offers it is so good!

• FynnFuin
    FynnFuin Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I love no mither, not joking. I'm a Mither main
  • Fre_Shavacado0
    Fre_Shavacado0 Member Posts: 106
    Options
    I love unbreakable but you have to get lucky to use it. Self care is handy because you don’t have to find someone or a med kit to heal, also can wake yourself up from Freddy (also only if you’re lucky) . also Urban Invasion. i don’t think i have to explain that one lol. 
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

Dont know the actual meta perks but I really like Steak Out. When a killer is chasing a survivor and you are repairing near them its one great skill check after another. Bonus Experience and quicker repairs what more do you want.

• Boxohobo
    Boxohobo Member Posts: 50
    Options

Lightweight. Gotta go fast.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited June 2018
    Options

My absolute favourites:
    Tenacity - It's fun to crawl away and heal at the same time. shimmy like a worm
    Technician - my favourite when a killer tries breaking a gen but I pop it without him realizing I was right there LOL
    Lightweight - Bc i run around the map like a headless chicken and it helps
    Dead Hard (? Is this meta ?) - ZOOOOOM
    Resilience Omg the vault speed gets me HYPED.
    Iron Will - It's just really useful, always, i'm not moaning anymore
    and a pesky no mither build with tenacity. Bodyblocks ftw :P

• RagingCalm
    Options

@Brady Dead Hard is very meta btw

• RepliCant
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    @Brady Dead Hard is very meta btw

Really? I guess. Dead Hard is more fair than Sprint Burst if you ask me, considering it's easily fooled into using + you need to be injured + button activtion timed right. I just assumed it wasn't meta because of how unpowerful it is compared to other perks :P I like DH more because it offers different way of playing.

What would be the list of all meta perks? From a neutral stand-point view.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    edited June 2018
    Options

I loove me some Kindred also.

• RagingCalm
    Options

@Brady In terms of survivors, most people agree the following are meta in no particular order -
    1. Self Care
    2. Decisive Strike
    3. Dead Hard
    4. Sprint Burst
    These next perks may be considered the most meta, or most useless depending on who/what group you ask -
    5. We'll Make It
    6. Iron Will
    7. Lithe
    8. Vigil
    9. Urban Evasion
    10. Wake Up!(I ######### HATE THIS PERK)
    11. Quick and Quiet
    12. Borrowed Time
    13. Unbreakable
    Again, those last 9 perks are controversial as to wether they are meta or not. I personally do not think Vigil is meta as do not run into it nearly as much as I do Wake Up!, but for other Killers it is the other way around. Basically it just has to do with personal experience/luck.
    If you want a much more accurate representation of what is and isn't meta, just look at everyone's perks at the end of the match for the next whole lot of matches and see which ones repeat multiple times. Metas also change a little bit as you go through the ranks, but basically you just see only the top 4 and some other perk at rank 1, and all the other perks can be seen at the lower ranks more often.

• Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49
    Options

Bond. So many different uses for it.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Immersed_P3_Nea said:
    Bond. So many different uses for it.

Bond should get buffed... currently it’s only effect is increasing my chance to vomit in disgust and other survivors incompetence by 99%

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Premonition is my guilty pleasure.

• RepliCant
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    @Brady In terms of survivors, most people agree the following are meta in no particular order -
    1. Self Care
    2. Decisive Strike
    3. Dead Hard
    4. Sprint Burst
    These next perks may be considered the most meta, or most useless depending on who/what group you ask -
    5. We'll Make It
    6. Iron Will
    7. Lithe
    8. Vigil
    9. Urban Evasion
    10. Wake Up!(I [BAD WORD] HATE THIS PERK)
    11. Quick and Quiet
    12. Borrowed Time
    13. Unbreakable
    Again, those last 9 perks are controversial as to wether they are meta or not. I personally do not think Vigil is meta as do not run into it nearly as much as I do Wake Up!, but for other Killers it is the other way around. Basically it just has to do with personal experience/luck.
    If you want a much more accurate representation of what is and isn't meta, just look at everyone's perks at the end of the match for the next whole lot of matches and see which ones repeat multiple times. Metas also change a little bit as you go through the ranks, but basically you just see only the top 4 and some other perk at rank 1, and all the other perks can be seen at the lower ranks more often.

I like that list. Though PC vs. Console meta varies if you ask me.

When I played PC Dead Hard was definitely in the meta. Console it absolutely isn't.

I would say the meta would be:
    1. Self-Care
    2. Sprint Burst
    3. Decisive Strike
    4. Borrowed Time
    5. Adrenaline

The rest you listed with Dead Hard included meta varies and debatable.

That's cool tho, I like most un-meta perks.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2018
    Options

Let's be honest. People who use Bond are the JUDGIEST people.

Please be more sensitive. I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet.

• Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    @Immersed_P3_Nea

@Jack11803 

Let's be honest. People who use Bond are the JUDGIEST people.

Please be more sensitive. I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet.

It's all fun and games until a Trappy Boi pulls you out of the closet and hooks you up for a nice, long face camp.

• Visionmaker
    Options

Big Trap Daddy can carry me to his basement any day.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Here is a build with non meta perks i highly enjoy: Bond + Kindred + Open-Handed + Spine Chill

Otherwise its the classic luck loadout:
    Ace in the Hole + Up the Ante + Plunderers Instinct + Slippery Meat
    ,cause kobeing of a hook with a purple item you just found feels great.
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options
    Good Ol’ Spine Chill
  • danvain
    danvain Member Posts: 7
    Options

Empathy or bond and lightweight. I also like going in without an exhaustion perk. I wouldn't run DS if you paid me.

• HeyItsSolomon
    HeyItsSolomon Member Posts: 16
    Options

My favorite builds to run lately:

Open Handed/Bond/Kindred
    No Mither/Resilience/This Is Not Happening/Dead Hard
    We're Gonna Live Forever/We'll Make It/Borrowed Time

For the ones where I've only listed three, I'll usually fill the build out with Urban Evasion, Lightweight, Premonition, or Sprint Burst