Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Fun Question: Toxic Killers or Toxic Survivors. Which do you see more?

2»

Comments

• SaltyRainbow
    SaltyRainbow Member Posts: 87

Both sides. i doubt that toxic survivors play suddenly honorable as killer.

and killer mains dont see how other killers act when they barely play survivor.

not to mention that some killer are blaming survivors for toxicity just for escaping without items, bm ing or neutral aftergamechat.

on the other side blame some survivors the killer for staying on the map while someone is hooked, or for playing "unfair" when they lose when the killer takes advantage of their mistakes.

• maskedsusiee
    maskedsusiee Member Posts: 3

I see a lot more toxic survivors when playing both roles. As survivor I usually get farmed without borrowed, sandbagged on purpose or not saved from hook even if the killer isn't anywhere nearby. Either the rank 1s are toxic on xbox or they are just quite braindead.

When playing killer, people tend to farm a whole lot and teabag at palettes as im breaking them. They usually dont save even if im cross map and the person is on first hook and then I get the aggro from people like "yOu cAmPeD tHaTs WhY tHEy DiDNt sAvE mE" even when im literally cross map..

I dont understand survivors honestly

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64

Being red rank on both sides I see more toxic survivors than I do toxic killers. These survivors also usually DC/kill themselves on hook not always but usually. Very rarely do I see a killer being toxic but it does happen sometimes.

• ActulCasul
    ActulCasul Member Posts: 178

Low rank killers are particularly toxic, intentionally bming at any given opportunity. Survivors are toxic regardress of rank and skill in my experience. Needless to say there are plenty on both sides chill af

• TheShaboodle
    TheShaboodle Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2020

To be honest? It could just be that I'm a newer player and haven't really gotten into the thick of it, but I've seen very little on either side. Occasionally I get a toxic survivor, but rarely do I get someone that, say, doesn't shut up about how useless their team was, or gets mad at you for playing a killer like Legion or Doc. If anything, I see a lot more nice players.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Gotta remember there are 4 survivors in a match and only one killer. You have 4x the chance to run into a toxic survivor over a killer. Both sides are equally toxic in my opinion, and I play both sides regularly.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

To answer your question, yes it is toxic. If I have a bad day I don't go home and kick my dog. A killer shouldn't take it out on the next team. Equip the mori, sure. But it doesn't require you to tunnel the first guy you find and wax him out of the game in three minutes because you had a bad game or two. Maybe play the game out and if that act douschy, then use it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I play both sides evenly. And I have to say survivors. They can be pretty toxic but yet suck. Killers can get pretty cocky at times though.

• Cele
    Cele Member Posts: 63

I play mostly only survivor these days and I'd have to say it's definitely survivors that are more toxic. I only switch to killer for challenges and dailies, so it's mostly 1 killer game per day and even that is enough to get tilted from the bullying and insults.

I'm not saying killers can't be toxic or scummy, but they're a minority.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I encounter toxic survivors more not because I feel like there's a larger number of toxic survivors it's just generally in matches you run into more survivors and Killers

As a killer you have the possibility of running until 4 survivors. While playing killer you don't ever run into a toxic killer because well you are the Killer

As a survivor you have a chance of running into one toxic killer but also a chance of running into three toxic survivors playing with friends limits this number but you could still see the large majority you will encounter is toxic survivors and that simply because you running to survive as more frequently was playing survivor or killer

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 954

Dunno if this is still a discussion. But reading some of the comments. I was looking for experiences involving playing a side and what opposing side tends to be toxic. With Cheese Factor Killers Camp and hound one survivor til they dead-dead. That play is "toxic" especially a high ranked Killer (newbie Killer its "understandable" tactics) but a high rank oughta know better. But to my wanting affirmation in discussing Toxicity. SURVIVORS! #########? As a Killer you are supposedly intimidating. Set fears in your victims, making them sweat it out hasting to escape with their lives. But NO you get Out-of-Game Voice Chat and The ultimate F*** with the killer attitudes instead of rushing to get all power to the gates in a panic to ....SURVIVE.

Instead they gang up on the Killer. Not even going for Generators. How and why is this "fun" for anybody? A recent thread I went through idly claims this game is 4 v 1 its co-op so YOU survive. If helping others doesnt benefit you then screw the others. But back to the Topic of Toxic. Why don't survivors vs killers play the game and open the gates as fast as possible. Instead berate the killer?

Again I realize I'm late to this discussion, I doubt I'll get the ball rolling. Just venting?

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I dont find anything in this game toxic so its hard to answer. Im mostly survivor and i laugh if a Ghostface tbags me or a Leatherface facecamps me. Thats funny to me, not toxic. Tunneling isnt toxic, just boring. Keys, flashlights arent toxic, just items to use in a game.

Biggest cry babies are definitely survivors though.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

ive seen a strange increase of OoO survivors lately.

so due the increasing amount of wanna be toxics i've seen lately my answer is gonna be survivors.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Toxic survivors. Toxic killer stories are but fictional.

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164

I play on xbox so there is no endgame chat whatsoever. But i got by far the most DMs by toxic survs, either flaming when they lost or going for the ggez if they won. Even got messages since its changed (before you could click the name ingame and write a message, now you have to type the whole name in, search the profile and then write the message). So people who do this arent even worth the time to get annoyed by it, actually good people value good plays, even if they lose, because they want a challenge. I think it is connect with some survs getting used to their misplays and relying too much on their swf or perks.

Only toxic thing killers can do in my opinion, is targeted tunnel or camp one person, or take a ebony mori and kill straight after first hook. (with no intention to even look at another surv)

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    edited July 2020

People are going to hate this... I find like its pretty hard for a survivor to be toxic. Really only find one thing toxic and that is forcing a BT hit (not taking one, putting me in a position where I have to hit you to chase the other person). But honestly want can a survivor do, crouch, point and wave... Oh the toxic of moving up and down... Oh the toxic of pointing at me.... Oh the toxic of telling me to come here... OH wait not of that actually does anything to effect the outcome of the game...

However killers can be toxic, coming into a game with 4 slow downs because they are playing at a rank they shouldn't be at and need to be boosted by multiple perks. Running Pop alone I find toxic, no perk should add the equivalent of 2 gens to the game. Basically if you tunnel, camp, run multiple slow downs, or run pop, I consider the killer toxic.

So that's 1 thing to a killers 4 things... So in my mind, I think a lot of killers play more toxic than survivors simply because in my mind, killers can do more things to effect the outcome of the game then a survivor can.

EDIT: Totally forgot out post game chat, yeah, I find survivors are way more toxic there. thanks @Respectfulnancymain

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Survivors more toxic post game and killers more toxic ingame

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2020

All of my negative experiences with this game are all survivor related. It's always survivors that have been toxic towards me, as both killer, and survivor (which I play more) Sure, killers can be toxic as well, but most of the time I can at least *understand* why they are being toxic. With survivors, I can never understand it. 

I mostly play solo survivor and I can't tell you how many times I've had my teammates sandbag me, or how many times I've been injured and blocked at the exit gate by two people because it's apparently funny, or how many times I've been unhooked without BT in the killers face. It's like I have the total polar opposite to what people report about killers being toxic. It is the exact reason I no longer run Kindred, I no longer run BT. All of my perks are now selfish perks that amounts to letting me deal with the killer because my team is always completely useless.

Like, even outside of that and all the terrible players you run into playing solo, it makes you realize why you hate playing it. It's often the same feeling you get playing killer, only rather than it being a constant, it's a short burst action.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

Killers don't really have any way to be toxic during the game. I definitely don't count camping/tunneling as neither of those things are abuses of a game mechanic and both can be responded to or played around. I mean I guess GF and Pig can kinda teabag and there's the hitting a hooked survivor thing which I guess is kind of BM.

Survivors get all kinds of tools to bully though, and it's extremely rare to play a match where no survivors are toxic - at least once you hit the point where it's reliably four red-rank survivors.

I suspect it's mainly an opportunity thing, and since survivors get to taunt the killer in-game it just conditions them to taunt in post-game too. Doesn't help that the game is designed in such a way that it just feels bad when you lose, generally.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Anyone in the game can do this simple test.

Play 10 survivor games, in aftergame chat you will get "ggs team!"

Play 1 killer game and kill all 4, chat will be different for you: "baby killer why your mom abused you and your dad has cancer!"

However, I started giving the 4th person hatch more often and bam, you get "gg killer" "thanks man" but if you kill all 4 oh man they can get salty