'Forced Penance' Perk needs to change.

ItzNobody
ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

'Forced Penance' is a new killer perk belonging to The Executioner. Survivors who take a Protection Hit are inflicted with the Broken Status Effect for 40/50/60 seconds.

Forced Penance has some synergy with the Mad Grit Build, allow me to elaborate. The Mad Grit Build requires the following perks: Agitation, Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, Hangman's Trick. Replacing Hangman's Trick with Forced Penance removes the tracking ability in favor of punishing neaeby Survivors with the Broken Status Effect. It is entertaining and strangely effective from my experience.

Which is why I feel Forced Penance needs to change.

Mad Grit is a meme perk in my opinion, which I would define as a low-usage specific perk that rarely receives value. Monstrous Shrine, Hex: The Third Seal, Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker are several examples of what I would classify as meme perks, useless for victory results but fun to use for entertainment only. I strongly believe this perk would have value on the Oni, as applying the Broken Status Effect guarantees more blood in the future. However, Forced Penance has one fatal flaw in its design.

Its control is in the Survivors hands, not yours. Therefore their is a high chance you may see little to no value from Forced Penance in numerous games.

Forced Penance I feel needs a change, but my proposed Idea would be a complete rework. A quick overview of The Executioner shows that he focuses on torment through deceiving methods, applying the Oblivious Status Effect through Deathbound and gaining the Undetectable Status Effect through Trail of Torment. Why not apply the same effect on Forced Penance?

My idea would be this.

Forced Penance: When a Survivor rescues another Survivor from a hook, Forced Penance triggers and applies the Oblivious Status Effect on the rescuer for 40/50/60 seconds.

Though my idea is by no means powerful, it would allow the perk more flexibility for perk synergy and usage, while in theory remaining true to The Executioner's focus on torment and deciet. At least, in my opinion it does.

Do you agree or disagree with my proposed change for Forced Penance? Support your thoughts and if you have other changes in mind, feel free to share your thoughts and share this idea in case the developers were to notice.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

There's no way they are doing a complete rework on a perk just released, that just isn't happening.

That said, I do very much like your idea and I think it would actually be an alright perk.

Current Forced Penance is pretty awful.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Feels weird to have a hook perk on a killer who has a mechanic that hook perks don’t work on...

• Mr_executioner
    Mr_executioner Member Posts: 40

my Idea for this perk would do this

Survivors who take a protection hit are inflicted with the broken and oblivious status effect for 40/50/60 seconds.

They will also be inflicted with the hindered status effect for 10/20/30 secs which slows the survivor down by 3/4/5%.

this would make the perk so much better

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

Bump 😅

I am curious to know if any players are interested in my post now that Forced Penance has been with us for a number of weeks. Please don't let my post d- I mean don't be shy and leave a comment 😁

• SoShiny
    SoShiny Member Posts: 30

It would definitely be far more useful, especially on my 32 meter HB 'w' killers (I'm looking at you plague). But the perk was just released, it would be anti-synergy with the killer, and he is a copyright killer... never gonna happen. :'(