Killers should NOT be addon dependant

Zaitsev
Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Im sorry, but a killer needs to be at least somewhat viable without addons. Addon dependant killers are always sad to me, since they rely so heavily on one or two addons, and the rest are garbage.

Comments

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133

true, but its the same for survs. a lot of items are useless. Time to remove stuff again...

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I mean for some killers they need to rely on their addons

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

There's only 3 killers in the game like this. Trapper, wraith, and to an extent ghostface. Trapper only needs a 3k trapper bag. Wraith needs a couple yellow add-ons. Ghostface needs a 3k recovery add-on.

The problem isn't as bad as you make it out to be; especially since add-ons are so cheap if you run BBQ on a semi regular basis.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

This. I actually like how they did Nurse's reworked add ons, how most of them change some of the rules of Nurse's power, and sometimes the killer herself. Even though you could argue they're kind of weak (like the ultra rare add ons), they're a lot more interesting than "reduced cooldown" or "increase reload speed".

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Wait what? Survivors don't have built-in skills and features that let them hide or do gens or open doors, they're just regular jacks and jills.

Each item a survivor can equip has unique uses. Maps give crucial information that you don't have to seek out or remember. Toolboxes repair gens faster or allow you to break hooks nearby. Flashlights can blind a killer or are a crucial piece to any sweet egc rave party.

Some Killers are a bit more difficult to get used to than others, but that's all based in their kits. Some Killers just don't have good kits.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Do you know what happens to killer's that aren't add-on dependant? Look at Nurse! The agreement was to change her add-ons, but instead they nerfed her and made almost all of her add-ons trash and gave a few of her add-ons perk benefits!

In all honesty killers should be viable without add-ons and imo add-ons should make the killer play differently!

• SlimyTaco

toolboxes hardly increase speed anymore and are essentially useless. might as well all be common since the highest tier only has about 6 more charges. Survs have different builds, clothes, voices, and sounds in general. so yeah, they are different from each other. flashlights are super precise and give you about a 1.5 second window to stun.

• SlimyTaco

thats acttualy a hilarious quote that I will meme forever.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

It's a true quote. If you need perks/items/addons to play survivor, you're not a good survivor.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited July 2020

The only killers i can think of that are add-on dependent are Wraith, Trapper and maybe ghostface cause his cooldown addons are like night and day from running no addons. I don't use addons besides Trapper and Wraith otherwise i can't stand to play them.

If they tweaked there base powers to be a bit better and nerf the add-ons to compensate I'd be happy for example Ghostface stacked cool-down add-ons cut it almost in half, if they could lower the cool-down to meet that a bit more at base and nerf the add-ons to compensate that buff he'd be in a better spot but servers will still screw him over with survivors being able to break him out of it when you go behind a wall. Trapper probably needs a bit more than just a tiny tweak here and there and needs major changes.

Post edited by TKTK on
  • f1uffykins
    f1uffykins Member Posts: 77

Add-ons are to benifit killers, if people get upset if someone uses double add-ons and get a 4k needs to chill, my main is Freddy and most of his add-ons change my gameplay but I still get ######### from a swf with Alex's toolbox with brand new parts or purple med-kit with the ultra rare add-on. I feel like complaining and saying "if you do _____ as a ______ you're trash at this game and need to uninstall!"

• SlimyTaco

######### lol, you clearly dont play surv. I would love to see you play in red ranks with no perks LMFAO

• SloppyKnockout
    edited July 2020

I'm a rank 1 survivor with 4500 hours in DBD, over 2000 of those are survivors. I started as a survivor main. IN FACT, I did just play a bunch in red ranks, with no perks, and live. I just prestiged most of my survivors cause they finally announced they were working on prestige rewards. So I went in perkless for pretty much all my games to get Halos. Guess that shows how bad you are at the game.

I've probably got you beat. I know I do in skill if you need perks.

I'm not saying I don't play with perks. I'm saying survivors don't need them to win; and they don't. You can't win this, don't try. It'll be like a game of whack-a-mole where your head pops up and the hammer comes down on it.

EDIT: LMFAO

Get good, bud. You're bad at the game.

• SlimyTaco

stream then, i'd like to see this mr 4500hrs perfect player.

• SloppyKnockout
    edited July 2020

I never said I was perfect. In fact, I said "even a half decent survivor" can do well without perks. If you're going to misquote me, you have nothing to work with, bud.

What I'm saying is common sense, and it's been proven time and time again by respected members of the community. You don't need perks to loop. You don't need perks to drop a pallet. You don't need perks to speed up the game. I'm sorry that you're that new to dead by daylight where you believe the ludicrous things you believe. The fact is - you're a bad player if you rely on perks to do well. You're not bad if you use them, but if you honestly think SURVIVORS NEED perks to survive, you're so new to the game that you're not worth the keystrokes.

You know you have nothing left to come back with, and you know I'm right, when you say "omg prove it".

Prove me wrong, kiddo.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Im not good enough to give up all perks but often go in without items.

I float around rank 4-5 and do lose games because i dont bring DS or adrenowin. Usually plunderers, bond, detectives and something else. Usually not even an exhaustion perk.

I also play solo and find the other survivors hurt me more than the killers do. If i played with a group i probably could go perkless

• Terra92

Did you actually use that line? 😂

I swear that preface has less and less authority behind it the more I read it. It reminds me of the good ol days when 12 year olds were pretending to be Navy Seals who could beat you up without you even knowing it.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Bubba, pig for sure too. Im sure theres others. Youre down playing it a little. Bubba f'in SUCKS with out carb and beast marks

• SloppyKnockout

It was a direct response to someone who called out both my experience and ability. It's not a "line".

Perhaps understand the definition of "context", and then you may shove your nose into a conversation.

:)

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

addons are a part of the game though...remove addons and give killers a power boost or keeo addons and scale back the power...

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I never really understood this statement

If a killer is strong enough without addons, how will you stop it from being overwhelming with addons?

A killer that relies on rare or ultra rare addons is a bad thing i agree. But i find that yellow addons should be the baseline

If addonless is baseline then you either get huntress that get's crazy over the top with her best addons, or nurse that has horrible addons

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

The idea isn't that they are "Strong" with them but just not "Weak" without them.

Aka you don't feel like your being handicapped by playing them without add-ons and feel like add-ons are an empowerment(No matter how small) instead of putting you where you should have been to begin with.

Ex. The trapper feels extremely handicapped without his bag add-ons but making the brown bag addon baseline(and adjusting the rest to make taking a bag the same as now) wouldn't break the trapper and it would mean people could bring his other addons more.

This is because a lot of other add-ons are clearly designed around being comboed with non bag addons like the yellow dye being useless without the tar bottle.

• Terra92

You obviously can't see the irony of the constant "I'm Black Rank with 8 million hours spent on this game."

Like cool dude, but measuring your "game time" doesn't give you any clout, it just makes you look foolish. Instead of engaging with someone, you say, "I have this much experience, if you don't have as much experience as I do, then your words, your ideas, they mean nothing."

I mean your second paragraph says everything I need to know. And if I can pick up on that, surely everyone else can too. You're not cool, you're just walking around with a big fake stick.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I'd like to amend the OP and say that killers shouldn't be addon AND perk dependent. :)

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Also, add ons shouldnt need to be used to make the killer feel good to play as

i shouldn’t have to run rat liver and rats tail on Demo to actually feel comfortable playing the killer

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Sadly wraith ghostface bubba legion need addons to be viable

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,922

Most Killer don't even need Add-Ons. I'd say Trapper and Wraith need some. Mostly Trapper because with 1 Trap base he can't really do much. I played Wraith without them as well and it's acceptable but boring. Ghostface is okay, you have to play super smart though.

Any other Killer doesn't really need them imo.

• Mr_executioner
    Mr_executioner Member Posts: 40

Not every killer are addon reliant only about 3 are addon reliant Trapper, Wraith and ghostface the rest are pretty good without addons like Oni, spirit, Freddy, nurse, hillbilly, huntress, And Doctor the rest need some addons to be good

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd like to ask who you consider add-on dependent. Ghostface and Wraith are the only two I think of.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Trapper, Demogorgon, Legion, Deathslinger, Ghostface and Wraith.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Trapper definitely is but not Demo, Legion and Deathslinger.

Demogorgans best add-ons are grey but I wouldn't say he's dependent. Legion isn't either imo. Deathslinger I wouldn't say is either tbh.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

to be fair here:

Doctor was DESIGNED to be Add On dependent.

but yeah there are quite a lot of cases with a huge Add On dependance that shouldnt be overlooked - and they should be next on the change list (Trapper, Bubba, Wraith, ...)

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

If they would just be good without addons, then they would be OP with Addons.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,751

Maps are excellent tbh. At the very worst they're a big boost to objective bloodpoints. They'll also let you find hatch, hex totems, gens buried in indoor maps, etc.

• SloppyKnockout

I didn't say it for "clout". This isn't twitter, and I really don't give a rats giant pimply ass what you think of me.

I said it, again (because you're having a hard time getting the point, big surprise), as a direct response to someone criticizing my experience. Experience - which (if you consult your nearest dictionary, please do before responding) has a direct tie in with time spent doing something.

I know, novel concept. Try harder, bud.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
  • SloppyKnockout

I never said I was special. Why do you guys keep quoting me saying things I never said?

Is that all you guys know how to do? Do you know how to argue/debate? Are you okay? Hello? Knock knock? Waow, lol

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Simple fix for Ghostface btw:

Cooldown from 30s -> 25s

All cooldown addons have their effects reduced by 2 seconds

• Terra92

You obviously take it way too personally, then, if your go-to is "Well I've played 2000 hours so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say blah blah blah."

You could just as easily say, "No, I do play survivor, I just don't agree with you on this concept."

You know not seeing eye-to-eye is a completely okay thing, right? We don't need to just be pissing on each other the whole time while we slap our game time around, as if having any amount of game time on this is actually worth bragging about. Someone doesn't agree with you on something, so what? Who actually cares. I mean, aside from you, clearly.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I agree. I've always thought that the addons should be more like bonuses or treats than regular things to bring in every single game. I think it should be pretty normal to be running the browns and stuff (as those ones are obviously the most common) while having the higher tier ones such as the greens and purples, or even iridescents, be treated like special items that you bring in every one in a while.

It's way too common for me to see a majority of the killers I face running two purples or a purple and a green or two greens, or even two iridescents. It's just insane to think that people just have these to be just throwing them out every game, especially ebonies and keys. (I obviously know killers don't get keys; I feel like this issue goes for both sides.)