Don't always blame the killer for tunnelling and proxy camping

4 solo survivors with a nurse when I get my first hook working on only 2 gens to go.

A survivor running the "We're going to live forever" perk races over to beat the rest, the nurse blinks back hit him then and rehooks me after hitting me. The survivor lurks and unhooks me, same again and again.

Watched the rest of the game and he tried to do the same for the rest until the last gen where he helped.

At the end the survivors started to blame the killer for camping and tunnelling which is true in only that this player kept doing the same thing over and over again and only until I pointed out the survivor they then realised they too had been farmed.

The survivor was a ranked as 1... I do hope BHVR aren't going to keep hiding information like MMRs.

Comments

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So its right to blame the killer, cause the Nurse did tunnel though there was obviously the chance to down another survivor easily. Tunneling isnt defendable.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Sometimes it's definitely on the survivors. "In a chase with the killer? Better unhook!" I mean I guess strategically it could be "I'm going down anyway, one of us might get away", but it feels a lot more like "Better them than me!" Then you have survivors who don't draw the aggro when they should. If you're bad at looping, maybe only go for really safe saves.

Survivors also need to punish killers who camp by DOING THE GENERATORS. Had a plague the other day who proxy camped a teammate. It was incredibly obvious because she kept showing up on kindred (No teammates in the area). I tried luring her away by running right into her, but as soon as I got out of a certain range, she abandoned me to go for the guy being unhooked. We got all 5 gens done, and got out of there. 3 of us escaped, I wasn't even hooked once. If a strategy is effective, you can't really blame someone for using the strategy. (Exceptions: When an element is unbalanced, such as Keys and Moris)

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you blame the unhooked survivor, whos the only one innocent, but gets his game ruined by both other parties? Hilarious.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Neither the killer nor the unhooked are faulty on that one, just the ######### WGLF who's unhooking for the farm... I've been there too, with a ######### unhooking me in the face of the killer without BT, I just stay there a let the killer down me so he can't get a stack on WGLF. Don't blame killers for ######### survivor behaviour.

• that1chick69
    that1chick69 Member Posts: 29

Would you rather just be left on the hook to be sacrificed? If a killer is proxy camping I’m going to unhook you anyways but I’ll take a hit so you can get away. I’ll even do a 1 for 1. Is that not the right thing to do? Would you rather have someone try to unhook you and maybe you get away or just leave you to be sacrificed? By the way I don’t run WGLF. What do you guys think? Is it better to not attempt the unhook at all if you don’t have borrowed time?

• Mjra
    Mjra Member Posts: 50

It is not the killers job to keep survivors safe from ######### people who want to farm people to death. If you farm someone and they get killed that's on you, not the killer.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Firstly He's blaming the bad savior not the victim

(I am going to be using "you" hypothetically) Secondly If you don't give the killer time to leave the hook before you try to unhook then yes you are the one in the wrong not the killer.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

There's a chance they could blink in a completely random direction and land on top of a survivor working on a totem for an instant grab, but they're more likely to get a down by chasing the injured survivor off of a hook.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2020

Tunneling and camping can be defended. They're strategies.

• that1chick69
    that1chick69 Member Posts: 29

Yeah ...tunneling and camping are strategies for killers who need to get good.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

If tunneling and camping are valid strategies, why did they remove PH being able to see cages? Why make it so he can't get within 5 meters of cages?

• Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 27

Survivors are at a massive advantage in this game. I will do anything and everything to try to negate that advantage. It's my job as a killer to kill as many survivors as possible. I don't care how I do it. I won't play by the rulebook of survivors, I'm a killer. I'm supposed to be evil.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Man, this one dude missed the whole point...

"Blame the unhooked survivor, whos the only one innocent"

LOL.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442
    edited July 2020

Tunneling is always defendable.

Excerpt from the book for you:

Introducing... the scrub.

The derogatory term “scrub” means several different things. One definition is someone (especially a game player) who is not good at something (especially a game). By this definition, we all start out as scrubs, and there is certainly no shame in that. I mean the term differently, though. A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.

Now, everyone begins as a poor player—it takes time to learn a game to get to a point where you know what you’re doing. There is the mistaken notion, though, that by merely continuing to play or “learn” the game, one can become a top player. In reality, the “scrub” has many more mental obstacles to overcome than anything actually going on during the game. The scrub has lost the game even before it starts. He’s lost the game even before deciding which game to play. His problem? He does not play to win.

The scrub would take great issue with this statement for he usually believes that he is playing to win, but he is bound up by an intricate construct of fictitious rules that prevents him from ever truly competing. These made-up rules vary from game to game, of course, but their character remains constant. Let’s take a fighting game off of which I’ve made my gaming career: Street Fighter.

In Street Fighter, the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” This “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub.

You my friend, are a scrub.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Coordinated survivor groups are at a massive advantage. Individuals are at a massive disadvantage. You see the conflict here?

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

Yeah man, always. I will always punish the unhooked survivor for their teammate unhooking in my face. Why, as killer, would I not take that opportunity? Farming people without BT is NEVER a good play. Farming people even with BT immediately after they're hooked is also not a good play. If the killer doesn't get the chance to leave the hook, they aren't camping or tunneling. The survivors are just making bad plays and will be punished for it lol

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Tunneling has a purpose. But that doesn't change that it's frustrating for survivors.