Survivors should not seen gen auras when trail of torment is used.

It gives them too much information. They should not know where the killer just kicked the gym at and where to avoid. The purpose of the park is to hide your terror is temporarily to let you Ambush somebody. Letting the survivors know what gen you just kicked tells them to be on the lookout for you. Fix this Behavior please. Seeing how you decided to Nerf the cages buff the perk.

Comments

• SlingerKing
    SlingerKing Member Posts: 65

Gym = Gen obvilously

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Why are you posting this instead of just fixing the OP

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

it really doesn’t make sense. ghostface, pig and myers dont have tells on where they’re coming from when in stealth

having the gen aura negates any sort of surprise to the survivors, because they now know where to look and where you’re coming from

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

BHVR doesn't know how to do stealth. PTB Ghostface is a highlight of this. Sure it was creepy but it's not stealthy to let survivors know that you're in spooky mode. The same thing with Demo's portals. They don't want stealth, they want jumpscare twitch highlights.

• SlingerKing

it is just stupid how it works. The generator gets highlighted for the survivors to see. This lets them know that either

A: I am close to them and they need to rotate off their generator and hide or

B: I'm too far away and they are safe to continue working on their generator.

Honestly what is the point of the perk I would really like to know that.

• Jujubeetch
    Jujubeetch Member Posts: 10

Because then the perk would be too strong and can basically ensure a free hit or a down every 60 seconds, especially in maps that have many buildings. Does every new perk released have to be gamebreaking and meta-defining?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,395

Given it's only a 16 second duration and the requirement is to a kick a gen, you're already pretty limited in the situations where you can get value from the perk. It really wouldn't that much stronger without the yellow gen aura.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

It's probably because giving every killer the ability to stealth without a tell is too strong. But the highlighted gen can be used to your advantage, most survivors will look towards the gen that was kicked so you can sneak around them or they assume you'll stick around the highlighted gen and won't expect you to relocate.

The highlighted gen can be used for various mind games so I don't think it's all bad that survivors can see it.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

It's funny how a stealth perk tells everybody you're using a stealth perk.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I get the idea of it trying to trick survivors into thinking it's the Nancy perk Better Together to try and draw them closer but that perk is so rarely run and it doesn't take long even solo to know no one is running it. If they wanted to trick people they should've made the aura white like when Cheryl's Repressed Aliance is used - that one would be easier to fool survivors that aren't swf. Do agree they should just remove the aura though because not only do you know to be more aware that the killer has no terror radius but you just need to keep an eye on the aura to know when it finally runs out. Survivors manage just fine when killers run Insidious and that doesn't give any notifications it's been activated.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

If you're within a 16 second walk of PH, you probably already know where he is.

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225

Considering how soul guard is just that, yes. Were not asking for trail of torment to be busted, trail of torment is in contention for one of the worst perks rn.

• SlingerKing

Exactly. A perk that temporarily takes away your Terror radius while also giving away your location is useless.

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

The devs answered this in the Q&A stream. The aura is shown so survivors "know smth has happened", cuz u know, undetectable should give them a notification, like ghosty's power or like michael in tier 1 or like dark devotion etc. Basically the guy that made all of Pyramid Head's "perks" is the same guy that nerfed ruin cuz it was "annoying for low rank survivors" its a lost cause until this guy is either fired or removed from lead balance position as he is so obviously biased towards survivors

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

You think they would've changed it to compensate for PH not seeing the cages anymore, but....

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Soul Guard is meta? Cool, I guess I have slipped into a different game, because in my DBD-games I dont see Soul Guard ever.

@Topic:

If the Devs really want to have an indicator that the Perk is used, it should be a map-wide sound. Then Survivors would know that the Killer is undetectable, but they would not know where he is.

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225

If there is ever a strong hex perk, yes it will be meta defining. The existence of soul guard weakens the ability to run hexes.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I think the point is that now EVERY killer can have readily available stealth. If you're just getting one shot by Billy and Bubba out of nowhere, or have a Myers in T3 down half your team with no real warning as to whether he's even nearby, then it's gonna feel a little #########, especially with how often it can activate.

Stealth is a heavily regulated thing on killers who have it in their kit, there's drawbacks, warning noises, speed penalties, or channels to come out of stealth, so having EVERY killer be able to activate stealth has to come with some form of heads up to the survivors.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Would be interesting if it lit up every gen so you knew he was undetectable without knowing where.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

I’m probably the only one who gets caught off guard when the killer uses it as I don’t know if they are coming for me or going for someone else like prayer beads do for spirit. It seems bad but when I see it I honestly get hesitant as I want to leave my gen or objective I’m doing to make sure he isn’t coming toward me which is the goal of the perk right?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Hexes are already used. I see Ruin in like 1/3 of my games. And no, not at all. Because basically no Hex will be left uncleansed just for Soul Guard to be used for the rare occasion that the Killer is actually slugging. I mean, Unbreakable does rarely get its use, and Soul Guard is even more situational and has a slower Recovery.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

That actually sounds pretty fun and suspenseful. I'd love that change!

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Agreed, it renders the perk completely useless

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

If they really want to go with giving a warning, just throw up the Oblivious status like they do for everything else.