Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Delete the damn hatch

RSB
RSB Member Posts: 2,258
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

I'm tired of that ######### free win. Everytime I slug the third survivor, it waits as the other one finds the hatch, and it DCs. Then they scream "EZEZ TEAMWORK EZEZ KI.LLAH OUTPLAYED". How is this ######### fair? How is it fair, that the last survivor has a guaranteed win everytime?

When will you add a "one free kill" button for the killers?

Yes, this is a rant, but a right one.

Comments

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

They clarely said this is going to happen in the last stream.
    We just don't know when

• RSB

@Scgamecock86 said:
    Rancor is a free kill basically, I get it to work all the time

Yeah, with Rancor you got to sacrifice 1 perk slot, so you have basically 3 perks versus their 16 perks, the guy with DS sees you everytime the gens are done, then you need to have luck to find the obsession (if not killed, so the perk is wasted), then you need to get looped for 1-2 minutes, and finally MAYBE you will be able to down a survivor and kill it. But yeah, Rancor is definetly like a hatch.

• RSB
    edited September 2018

@Scgamecock86 said:
    RSB said:

@Scgamecock86 said:

Rancor is a free kill basically, I get it to work all the time

Yeah, with Rancor you got to sacrifice 1 perk slot, so you have basically 3 perks versus their 16 perks, the guy with DS sees you everytime the gens are done, then you need to have luck to find the obsession (if not killed, so the perk is wasted), then you need to get looped for 1-2 minutes, and finally MAYBE you will be able to down a survivor and kill it. But yeah, Rancor is definetly like a hatch.

Yea it is, I don't chase for 2 minutes 

Whatever you say, buddy.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    I proposed a great idea for the hatch and it got ignored
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    RSB said:

I'm tired of that [BAD WORD] free win. Everytime I slug the third survivor, it waits as the other one finds the hatch, and it DCs. Then they scream "EZEZ TEAMWORK EZEZ KI.LLAH OUTPLAYED". How is this [BAD WORD] fair? How is it fair, that the last survivor has a guaranteed win everytime?

Hatch shouldn't even spawn if the 3rd survivor dcs so the 4ty can get the hatch 
  • @Kalec84 said:
    They clarely said this is going to happen in the last stream.
    We just don't know when

They haven't really tho... They didn't even mention what was in their minds

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    How come less than half is considered acceptable? Acceptable would be one half plus one (60%). Hatch should only open after 3 generators repaired (2 left). I guess if the case of 3 Survivors it should remain the same. 
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Personally, I feel the hatch should open after the number of gens equal to the number of survivors in the trial have been completed. Basicly, 4 survivors in a trial means 4 gens are need to open the hatch, 3 survivors equal 3 gens. The scaling number helps solo players who may have someone drop in the offering phase. Now if a survivor DCs mid game, you are just screwed.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    I suggested that there be 2 hatches one fake one real except the fake one teleport you to the basement one health state lower then what you had. with the exposed effect to the basement 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Sally55 said:

You are not entitled to a 4K every game. Get over it.

@Sally55 I’m so proud of you! :’) sticking up for the other side for once and not being that mean about it like you usually are.
    @PinkEricka
    I was thinking exactly the same thing xD
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Sally55 said:

You are not entitled to a 4K every game. Get over it.

@Sally55 I’m so proud of you! :’) sticking up for the other side for once and not being that mean about it like you usually are.
    In her defense i have seen her on both sides.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    RSB said:

I'm tired of that [BAD WORD] free win. Everytime I slug the third survivor, it waits as the other one finds the hatch, and it DCs. Then they scream "EZEZ TEAMWORK EZEZ KI.LLAH OUTPLAYED". How is this [BAD WORD] fair? How is it fair, that the last survivor has a guaranteed win everytime?

I don't like the end game because the survivor becomes immersed. If you're gonna nerf the hatch then make sure the odds are a 50/50!

I really liked @FrenziedRoach's idea on the hatch standoff:

-Survivor gains a 200%-50% repair speed bonus.
    -Completing a generator will open the exit gates.
    -Killer can close the hatch.

I'll add on to his idea by saying "Left Behind" can gives you a 20/40/60% increase on great skill check success zones when you are the final survivor! :)
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Or instead of arguing like kids think about it and think I haven't seen this survivor do anything for a while omg there camping the hatch slug and dump survivor somplace easy to see then go to the hatch if all 4 survs played a good game then a hatch I completely ok to me I they beat me to it otherwise who cares though people that dc so another gets a hatch should have a randomization activate moving the hatch to a new spot
  • redsopine1

almost everyone missed one key point to his argument , and its the one point I think should stop a hatch from opening , The third survivor dc'ed so the 4th in the group could escape , he didn't kill the third , and dumping them wouldn't solve that either as they will still dc . It just part of the toxic crap we get with most (not all) swf groups .

As a killer if I kill the third and the 4th gets the hatch that is on me , I knew it would open . But the inability of people using a dc to control it is a different story . This is the one point I can and I think most people can agree with , that pulling a dc should not benefit anyone else . I know they are putting in mechanics to stop or at least punish the ones who dc on purpose , but I have been seeing the same names do it almost every time I face them , so either the auto bans are not working or it takes a lot of dc's to trigger it .

I did towards the end of my comment saying when people dc the hatch should change location's so they can't just dc for a mate to win
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

@RSB said:

"We are not entitled to 4k, killer got outplayed EZPZ" - this is quite sad, that some people are as antitled to think they deserve a free win, because several second chances weren't too much.

I will assume you can read and just not understand what I said . I never said anything about a free win or killer should get 4 kills every match . I said that a dc to control when the hatch opens should be considered a exploit , since the hatch opening isn't supposed to be controlled by survivor or killer other then through the key . If you as a survivor feel that you need to control the hatch by dc;ing then maybe you should learn to play with skill ?

• RSB
    edited September 2018

@Grimbergoth said:

@RSB said:

"We are not entitled to 4k, killer got outplayed EZPZ" - this is quite sad, that some people are as antitled to think they deserve a free win, because several second chances weren't too much.

I will assume you can read and just not understand what I said .

I could assume the same, because I was agreeing with you.

• redsopine1
    RSB what does your name stand for its driving me mad trying to guess and o dont want to offend you with any
  • RSB

@redsopine1 said:
    RSB what does your name stand for its driving me mad trying to guess and o dont want to offend you with any

RushingSnipeBob. It was from the time I played CoD 4 a lot. I was rushing then... With a snipe and ACOG. People hated it, and often called me a noob rushing with snipe rifle.

• redsopine1
    RSB said:

@redsopine1 said:

RushingSnipeBob. It was from the time I played CoD 4 a lot. I was rushing then... With a snipe and ACOG. People hated it, and often called me a noob rushing with snipe rifle.

You got cod WWII id love to have a sniper fight sometime
  • scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    i got the perfect solution.... git gud
  • redsopine1
    scerckan said:
    Doctor go back to the nuthouse they stopped being mad and are rioting go stop them
  • RSB
    edited September 2018

@scerckan said:

Git gud in what? Preventing them from DC?

• redsopine1
    powerbats said:

@scerckan said:

Use this next time instead it's much more subtle.

Again doc go back to.the nut house they are sane and rioting stop them
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

@RSB said:

I took what you said as the killer just got outplayed and was asking for a free win .I didn't see it as agreeing with me . I will concede that to you and sorry about my confusion .

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    I don't think the hatch needs removed. A rework is needed, and the devs' idea for it isn't half bad.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Visionmaker said:
    Sounds like a d/c problem, not a hatch problem.

Delete the players who DC

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Deal with it 
This discussion has been closed.