Wraith’s invisibility

I am aware that recently, the Wraith has been buffed, however, today I found three matches against him and it appears to be that he is completely invisible and you cant hear his footsteps while he is moving. Is this a buff that is not written in the change log? Im very confused

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@narva2200 That's odd, for the most part, I can usually spot the Wraith's shimmer as he gets closer. I know I can definitely hear his footsteps when he comes in for the uncloak.

• scumrrado
    scumrrado Member Posts: 61

Saaaaame! I played against the Wraith last night and couldn't hear or see him until he was right on top of me. I attributed it to good perks, but as a survivor main I don't know many killer perks so it very well could be a bug since it's not in the patch notes.

Overall, I think the Wraith needs a nerf. It's silly that a stealth killer can outrun most survivors when uncloaked. There's almost no point to cloaking. I would love to see this be normal for the Wraith, but with his uncloak animation faster and base speed out of cloak dramatically decreased. Keep his momentary burst speed after uncloaking tho.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Sounds have been messed with this patch.  

Its similar for survivor grunts, they are so quiet for some reason now.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Yeah same happened to me. He was using the ultra rare add on that makes him give off no noise when he is uncloaking. Do you know if he was using those add ons 
  • Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

They changed the Wraith to give him a slight speed boost after uncloaking , they changed the add-ons so that some silence the bell entirely and others muffle or displace it so you don't know where its coming from . as far as his shimmer goes I cant say if you didn't notice it or it wasnt there … but sounds wise they took his speed add-on and gave him ones that muffle negate or displace his sounds .

• narva2200
    narva2200 Member Posts: 27
    Yeah same happened to me. He was using the ultra rare add on that makes him give off no noise when he is uncloaking. Do you know if he was using those add ons 
    He was using two green addons, I do t remember wich ones. 

It was weird because he hooked a survivor like 40 meters away, so I kept doing a generator, pointing the camera in the direction of the hooked friend. But all of a sudden the wraith just popped up in front of me, uncloacking, so it was weird because I couldn’t hear the footsteps nor see him while he was invisible, like when he stands still for a while, just that he had come from the hooked survivor to where I was. As you guys say, it probably must of been some kind of bug or something