Why are the females more popular?

ironiron
ironiron Member Posts: 101

I notice survivors usually choose women, or am I imagining things?

Comments

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2020

Smaller sizes on most of them make it better for stealthy plays or juking. You can't do that on the tall ass ######### that are David and Francis. Pretty much all the males are much more discernible immediately than the females.

It's also because they have the better cosmetics.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

It's all about personal preference. I only play female survivors for a few reasons. The Male survivors animations seem weird to me. Most Male survivors look awful imo. I think that the females just look better to play. That's just me tho.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

One is basically invisible.

Plus they be smaller.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I'll also add to this and say that a lot of strong and/or versatile teachables come from female characters.

Of the 6 Exhaustion perks in the game, 1 comes from a dude: Dead Hard on David King.

Popular perks at all ranks like Decisive Strike, Urban Evasion, Self Care, Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, Inner Strength; all perks from female characters.

A lot of people will/used to play a character for their teachables, and if you're new and don't have a lot of people levelled you're liable to play the one you have the most points in.

As they play longer, you might be more inclined to keep playing that character, even though you no longer 'need' to.

Combine this with the fact that the female characters are smaller, the trope of the female main protagonist in horror fiction ('the Final Girl'), the fact that male characters with meta perks like Bill and David are incredibly loud, and the larger selection of cosmetics available to female characters in general, and I don't think it's that surprising.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

Yeah I main Meg and I just got used to the movement which feels more smooth than on male survivors.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

A few things, smaller, cuter, booty.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

They have an advantage of being smaller and easier to hide.

I'll continue using my boy Dwight and shirtless David!

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Dude don't do it...

You're gonna be tunneled most of the time 🙃

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

im Dwight main but other than him i have P3 maxed only female survivors (yui, feng, nea, jane, kate, meg, claud)

i will give you proper reason

dwight? he's meme character, and i love my outfit on him

girls i would rather look at female character for hours and hours than guy (except dwight, he's cute)

as surv you see your survivor all the time (especially when youre bored while doing gen) so i want to watch sth cute all the time

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67

The devs ######### up the camera on everyone that is bigger. Instead of adjusting it upwards (hey, I am bigger I should maybe see 2-3cm farther), they keep the cam where it is. This results in bigger characters blocking 80% of the screen instead of 50% for smaller ones.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Because you have to spend most of your game looking at your characters bottom.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

First thing, they are smaller than the male characters, so they are harder to spot. Also, they usually have better comestics.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
  • Bunnyman
    Bunnyman Member Posts: 31

Or they can make the size of character as Abby. I believe most of survivor will pick these size of character cuz her size is more bigger than every killer and scare them out . lol

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

A good old quote from one of my friends back in my WoW days:

"If I have to stare at someone for hours of gameplay, I prefer to stare at someone I find attractive."

But as some have said it could be from gameplay advantage or just preference.

• CertArn
    CertArn Member Posts: 78

Females are smaller, easier to hide and run away, also harder to hit. Starting female characters have more useful perks - sneaking, healing, or be faster - when males have - leader (90% of time useless), last man standing (Never/95% of game useless), noise reduction (who cares?).

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Laurie was confirmed to have the smallest hitbox, but I don't know if that's been changed since.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Easier to hide, also cuter outfits

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Not to mention Claudette and Meg are by far the most popular starters, Meg's perks are invaluable in a chase early on, and Claudette packs the noob's best friend. Because of that they're the most picked characters so the devs give them the most cosmetics so they become even more popular.

Nea is an absolute oddity to me, I don't see why people like hte pig-faced girl and her 16 different half-shaved haircuts. Really I think it's just because being a neon Nea is how people get across that they're the sort of toxic attention seekers.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Hey man if thats what does it for you, then I hope they introduce more of those skins. I have it pretty good right now since I ######### love the half shaved punk hairdo. So many survivors to chose from :D

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,766

As everyone's said, smaller models so easier hiding.

So even though I usually play female survivors, ain't nobody gonna take my David away from me. Gonna play that lad to the day this game makes me quit.

• Ripugnante
    Ripugnante Member Posts: 21

Personally I feel slimmer, faster, more reactive. And they have much nicer outfits.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

What everyone else said, plus their running animation is different. It’s placebo but they look like they’re running faster.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

Butt

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Better cosmetics, animations are cleaner, their models are diverse and unique. Overall the female survivors dominate in dbd.

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145

Eihte

A. Weeb

B. Simp

C. They have smaller models (though same hitbox) making it easier to hide. Thats why is claudett is so famous to be used by tryhards since (elfent in the room) she is dark and has a small model.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

If I have to stare at a butt for 8-12 minutes I would prefer to to be a woman's butt...

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2020

I use the same logic I have for any game that allows me to choose my character and has a 3'rd person view: "If I'm gonna be stuck staring at a characters ass all game, it might as well be a nice one I don't mind staring at."

Plus... Feng Min makes cute noises.

Edit: dang, they beat me to it! 😋

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE is easier to turn on loops with smaller character i dont know if thats truth.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited July 2020

To give an example of how good the smaller model is, as Kate I can crouch directly in front of a window and remain hidden while as a guy the top of my head is visible.

They are also better looking, except Nea and Claudette. I understand why Claudette is popular but I for the life of me don't understand Nea, maybe because her cosmetics are among the best?

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

All you talking about rather starting at a womans butt lmao. I'm gay and only play female characters.

• that1chick69
    that1chick69 Member Posts: 29

I’m a female and I main Kate and Ace. But I do better in my games usually with Kate. I think she’s one of the quietest when injured. I noticed a lot of killers searching lockers near me when I’m injured but I’m not in a locker I’m near by healing.

• that1chick69
    that1chick69 Member Posts: 29

Am I the only one who can’t stand Feng min? Lol ugly cosmetics

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited July 2020

I would rather see the clown’s giggly butt that’s just a whole lot of fat right there 😂.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Idk I feel weird while looping with male characters unlike woman which I feel more ''free'' agile idk and they have good cosmetics

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

The best 3 survivors are all female. Heck, the best 4 are. They all have the best perks and are smaller.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

I only play male survivors.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited July 2020

I hide pretty well as my David. All you need is the bloody shirt. I've also had games where a David hid from me the entire game and I had to one hook him. I will say Jeff and Adam are FAR more likely to be spotted though because of Adam's coat and Jeff's head being massive.

Balanced Landing used to be one of the best perks in the game. Urban Evasion was always a common perk as well.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Lol. He was literally channeling his inner Blendette all game. It wasn't you though, I would have recognized the name.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I like Cheryl...but I also like Bill

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Smaller plus cuter cosmetics. That’s it really.