Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Deathslinger buff idea

Sadsnacks
Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

What if he had a new add-on series that gave him more shots before having to reload? A limitation could be that he can't reload until all available shots have been fired

Yellow - one extra shot

Green - two extra shots and an extended cool down or longer reloading after all shots are fired

Purple - two extra shots, and only slightly longer reloading after all shots are fired

Iridescent - two extra shots and normal reloading speed

I think it would give him a much needed buff, especially on console.

Comments

• Sadsnacks

I didn't say 5 shots, even with the most outrageous addon like that he would have 3

His reloading is also part of the problem with him. Survivors know that once he misses that one shot they've got plenty of time to put up to 32 meters if distance on him if he chooses to reload mid chase.

I don't know if aim assist would help so much as it would hurt him. As it stands survivors exploit the aim assist on most killers m1 attack by 360ing in a way that throws off the aim assist and caused missed attacks.

• LeftPreston
    LeftPreston Member Posts: 95

I personally think deathslinger just needs better iridescent add ons. The hellshire iron isnt helpful and the coin is semi helpful.

I would make the hellshire iron allow deathslinger to see the survivors aura for 5 seconds. It would make sense since you're "branding" the survivor.

For the iridescent coin, after downing a survivor whom was reeled in, you have a 50/50 chance to gain another shot in your rifle (free of reloading).

He's in a good spot right now but at most thats the only two things I would change and yes there are a lot more killers that deserve a buff right now.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I think Deathslinger is already competitive. The small terror radius and ranged attack is really unfair.

• Sadsnacks

His ranged attack is a joke on console

He might have a small TR but he's so slow and has almost no map pressure. Just go do a gen on the other side of the map, you'll be almost done with it by the time he gets there.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

he is already in a good place..doesn't need even more to his kit

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

If you stacked addons, you get 5 shots. Bring the Iridescent + Purple, 5 shots with slightly slower reload speed. His reloading is the punishment for missing his power. The whole point is that you have one chance to land your shot, with it being balanced by the fact that you can shoot without any warning. And there are ways to avoid survivors getting distance. If you keep chasing normally and get them in a corner, then reload, it cuts down on how far they get when you reload. And if aim assist doesn't help, I don't know what will. Some characters will never be good on console, but making them busted on PC as well isn't the answer.

• Sadsnacks

A simple solution would just make them not stack. Not all add-ons and perks stack in the game anyway

• TheMythicalCat

I wasn't paying too much attention to how it would work at lower levels of the add-ons, and I've realized how horribly broken even 1 more shot is. The Brown add-on doubles his lethality, which is already high. His Brown add-on would be a contender for one of the best add-ons in the game. Paired with Save the Best for Last, a Deathslinger who could land their shots could down someone in seconds, from range. Only Iri Head Huntress rivals that lethality, and she has to either bring a Purple add-on to not reload after every shot (removing any add-on variation), or she has to go to a locker after every shot. Deathslinger could bring Keys and negate the reload downside, and get his lethality back mid chase. That's the weakest version of the add-on. Put 3 shots on him? You won't escape a good Deathslinger. The purple add-on + reload speed would be completely and undoubtedly broken. It's probably hard to imagine from a console perspective, where aiming is #########, but on PC, where his gun is very consistent when you get good at him, a single extra shot would break the character. Deathslinger's main strength is his ability to negate loops, with the downside of having to reload after every single shot. Remove that downside, and he's unbeatable in a loop. And they can't just add it on console only. It would make him a wildly different character to play, something that is not good when talking about different platforms. Adding it on console removes Crossplay from ever being a thing, unless they add it on PC as well, which would break the character. Giving him more shots does not work. The only way I see this ever working is if the Iridescent gives him one more shot, but slows down reload speed and increases missed shot penalty by a decent bit, and none of the other add-ons existed. But that still wouldn't fix your issues with him, as making it an Iridescent would make it too rare to fix the issue. There are ways to make him better on console, this is not it.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

I play with controller on PC and hit most of my shots. He's pretty good.

Also all killers have to abide by the add on set rule. Surprised nobody mentioned this. He can't have 3 URs lol.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

I’m down for some Deathslinger buff but I main him and put a lot of hours into him and this buff is too strong. Survivors will literally have no chance and will feel no reward for dodging his shot. They earned the right to gain distance when he misses, and having an unlimited amount of bullets needs a setback, which is reloading.

ive seen other Deathslinger buff ideas that I like more but appreciate the topic~

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Slinger is kinda fun to play, but yeah...no map presence, no mobility, and you're completely doomed if you miss a shot.

I dunno. I don't want to go calling for buffs, but I feel like something could change.

• Sadsnacks

Save the best for last only applies to the m1 basic attack. It wouldn't work on deathslinger's gun.

• Sadsnacks

He wouldn't have unlimited shots, maybe 3 at most before a decent reload cool down to compensate

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

What Deathslinger needs is mobility. He's already good in chase, so he needs a way to cross the map faster, not extra shots.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

No. Any buff given to him shouldn't just make him more like Huntress, we already have the Huntress thank you very much.

Instead I'd like to see his reel speed drastically increased at the cost of a proportional chain durability decrease. To speed up his downing without actually nerfing or removing his counterplay at all.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

I do play both sides, but killer more often. I don’t “main” a side, nor a character...that’d be boring.

I believe SethDinger is already fine where he’s at. While he lacks map pressure, so do many other killers. He’s a God killer for the 1v1 situation, but you have to KNOW what you’re doing...which is why many (including myself) believe the Huntress is superior. They can both end chases quickly, but SethDinger has to work harder for it. Not only do I think he doesn’t need any buffs/nerfs, I think we need more killers that change the landscape of in-game mechanics so we’re not doing the same ol’ thing every game even though we’re using different characters.

• TheMythicalCat

Do you even know how Deathslinger works? Because unless you break the chain, he attacks with his M1. The gun only pulls them into you. The damage comes from your M1. Deathslinger is one of my mains, insta-downs work on him. Sloppy Butcher works on him. Save the Best for Last works on him. I use these things on him all the time. They only work on M1 attacks. He attacks with his M1.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

You play with a controller on PC? I would not recommend that.

You should definitely invest in a M&K.

• TheHardFeed
    TheHardFeed Member Posts: 1

I think 2 changes would help him a lot, firstly he should be 115% walking speed. Secondly, if a survivor is full health and gets shot, if you break the chain by swinging it should put them in the injured state, he would still need to get a 2nd shot, reel you in and hit you to get the down. Currently there is too much time involved in hitting and downing survivors for him to be viable, compared to huntress who can hit a hatchet and follow up with a swing or 2nd hatchet. Reloading on the fly doesn't make up for the current time difference

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

He just needs an increase in his base speed and his terror radius.