The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About the hillbilly changes

Lately,i've been very happy about the balance changes,but this time i'm not very positive about the Hillbilly nerf.First of all,I don't think that a hole new mechanic to his base kit is a minimal change.The hole heat up mechanic will affect his gameplay so much not only for the players that don't perform very well with him,but even for the more experienced ones.For example, many times you have to rev the chainsaw for some time when you're up close to a survivor because a survivor who is a little bit more experienced will try to juke you in order to make you miss the chainsaw hit and you need to wait for the perfect time to land the chainsaw.Secondly, i think the amount of time when the chainsaw can not be used after heating up is greatly exaggerated(in the clip about 1/3 of the cooldown is 5 seconds).During that time,the Hillbilly is an M1 killer with nothing to help him which can be very annoying and un-fun to play.My sugestions are:-reduce the cooldown after the chainsaw heats up to about 7 or 8 seconds or make it so when the chainsaw is reusable, it heats up at a much lower rate for about 30 seconds

-when the chainsaw is revved for some amount of time it does not heat up if you land a chainsaw hit in the next 5 seconds or so,but when you don't land it,the chainsaw heats up as it does now or make it heat up slower than it does now when revving

In conclusion, i think that the Hillbilly is a really balanced killer with much potential but with a lot of counterplay and he doesn't need much more counterplay than he already has.

Comments

• reworkstabbyteens
    reworkstabbyteens Member Posts: 19

People who say you can sprint from one end of the map to the other and still dont overheat don't acknowledge that in order to use his power to go from gen to gen, which is a smaller distance, you have to rev more times which means you will quickly overheat and can't do many mini sprints from gen to gen which is how Billy is played and how you apply pressure.

Terrible, needless nerf on a character that they themselves acknowledge is the epitomy of balance.