New trend of suiciding right before hook save!

Buttercake
Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Literally, killer nowhere around. People 'let go' right as you're about to save them. Really, if you fools dont want to play anymore peace out to the next game. Don't waste other players time that have to drop what they doing to try and rescue you when you don't even want to play anymore. Y'all a bunch of dicks.

I've experienced this so many times! It's such a jerk move!

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

A red rank survivor did this in front of me yesterday on their first hook in a 5 Gateau match that we went on to win.

I don't understand some people!

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

No, they won't. They want you to quit using the hooks only. And that 4% Kobe can really ######### you over sometimes too.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

It's really agitating when they do this. Especially when you leave a Gen that could have been completed, and run a marathon to try help, and they decide, nah, I'm out, right in your face. I mean, if you don't wanna play, then fine by me, but at least have the sense to do it before you make me travel across the map!

• Buttercake
    edited July 2020

No, friend. They were the first hook and had 2 almost 3 gens done. Our team hadn't played poorly at all.

Also killer stayed a time and I went for save when it left.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

If a person is literally struggling and the lets go in your face, there is no way you can tell me it was because of the killer or map or anything other than a way to get back at the team bro. Its literally a kick in the face to the person coming. I see survivor streamers do it constantly and its ALWAYS a FU to the team. Maybe the unhooker sandbagged thjem without your knowledge? Could be you didnt see what happened

• Buttercake

I was the one unhooking. You seem upset. Maybe I havent understood you and I respond wrongly? I thought you were saying it was the team's fault that the person suicides. The team hadn't done anything wrong. I went for the save with the Killer gone. They literally let go as I was grabbing. I don't see any reason they had to do that except to be a dick. 3rd gen popped litteraly 5 seconds after they died. We still had a full team before they killed themselves.

• Buttercake

So you wasted the time of the person who was trying to save you? If you didn't want to play anymore why not just suicide right away? Why 'hang around'(lol) just to sandbag your team?

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

Not sure why you consider me upset, I am not the one who made a thread about a match that didn't go my way. However, what you just said is probably just them stop hitting spacebar during animation and it killed them, its happened to me before, if you dont continue to hit spacebar during unhook.

If you were in animation that is NOT the same as letting go before you unhooked, so the story facts have changed. If they let go during animation they didnt suicide on hook "before you unhooked" - BIG DIFFERENCE

• Buttercake

Someone did it again! So trendy and stylish! 🌈🌈🌈🦄

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67

Whatever the reason, it's annoying and should be stopped. I rarely play survivor, and when I do my death usually comes from me trying to be altruistic.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I don't know how you can "waste someone's time" whose just urban evading around the map, it's not as if they're working on generators. Those who play like that are more deadly to their team then the killer.

When you're a strong looper, and you get downed after a chase that was longer then five minutes but your team haven't been working on the objective in that time, it's only natural to be annoyed (I expect to get decent team mates at red ranks).

Preventing that survivor from getting altruism points at the last second was my way at getting back at them for making my long chase pointless.

Although I find it concerning that you have more of an issue of me not allowing the immersive survivor altruism points, then the three survivors just urban evading around the map and searching chests, rather than doing the objective.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I wouldn't say this is new. And I have not seen an increase in it since the DC penalties.

• Buttercake

Its not the suiciding. Its specifically waiting until your teammate is about to save you that they suicide. Its trash play.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I agree it's trash but in my experience it's not a new thing. Doesn't mean that it's not new for you, though.

• Buttercake

That sucks if its always been a thing. I play on Switch and only noticed this play for a couple months but its getting more common lately?? So sad...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@DrDeepwound

Did this yesterday. They all crouched as if the killer was near them, then one of them started to cleanse a totem and the only person back to the hook is the killer because he did not find anyone.

Surely I thought they must have been yellow ranks, nope all red ranks.

I can’t say I blame a lot of the people doing it.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

This happened to me yesterday, but I was the one on the hook, I had an itch, and while I was scratching it, it knocked me off the rhythm of spamming my space bar and I died.... I was very frustrated.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

I get it when they just wanna die on the first hook to leave the game, but I hate it when I'm running to the person who is struggling (and they are doing it for quite some time) and when I'm about to save them, they just let go and die in front of me! Happened to me twice yesterday. And of course because of that the killer started chasing me then.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,164

Depending on how long they were struggling the timer could also have been up but not look like it on your screen. When I've played with my brother and he's in the struggle phase if someone was going for him then starts getting chased I'll leave my gen to get him. He'll be sacrificed just before I get to him but on my screen it shows I had time. When I ask him why'd he let go he'll say he didn't, the time was up.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    edited July 2020

I have done this myself a bunch of times. But some common ones I seem to recall being:

Leaving me on the hook until second stage. If there has been 0 or very little progression on gens since I was hooked and we are like on gen 4 or even 5. Something like that at least. Then I just want out and play a proper match with a chance at winning.

People dive bombing hooks to "save me" from the camper. Just do gens guys, if I see a single person trying to unhook me instead of doing gens vs a facecamping Bubba im just gonna leave.

Sometimes I just suicide on first hook if I see 3 people urban evading around the map.

Sometimes I will kill myself out of spite because I got sandbagged by my team mates.

I remember the one time I try to die more than any other case. Farming games. Not games where 2 people dc and the killer feels bad and lets us farm a bunch of bloodpoints. No I mean games where the killer goes to the nearest survivor and starts hitting the gen. I will suicide on hook so fast. I ######### hate those killers. I just want normal games.

Does this make me a bad teammate? Sure. But I cant be asked to deal with people that dont wanna try and win. Win or lose doesnt matter but I only wanna play with randoms that actually try to win. If they try I will hang through 2 minutes of camping where all I got was 2k blood points. Doesnt matter I will stick in there. Just gimme something.

I dont enjoy the solo survivor experience a lot so I will just continue to search for games worth playing til I get them.

When in 4man Swf we just ######### around and have fun doing silly #########, but we still try to win. But as a solo player, no thx. Give me some actual attempts at winning.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126

I agree. That said, I have done it a couple times. Usually if you have survivors who always dive bomb hooks instead of doing other things, I'll kill myself on hook. People hook farming is no fun.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Not gonna lie, I can't help but to this to spite people who screw me over during the game. I know the trend that's being talked about here (it's not new, it's been a thing for a while.)

I can't exactly approve of it, but oh man does it feel good to do it do somebody who sandbagged me earlier in the game, or kept leading the killer right on top of me instead of away.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

I wish people stopped doing this, another reason people play SWF, no reason to do it other than screw your team.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

Not if were going by what the OP has described. He's clarified his position a number of times now.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I've done this to try and help also. If I've been left to get into struggle, at least one person is dead and another is downed on death hook I will suicide to give the last person a chance at the hatch.

Othertimes I have to admit doing it in spite of a "teammate" who screwed me in someway.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

This typically happens because the team has done something to piss them off. Hiding when the killer is nowhere near them. Doing nothing. Such as crawling around the map for no reason. And other such things.

Assuming none of these things happened. They probably just stopped struggling too soon. Accidental suicides happen. Especially with the ######### servers.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

This is the kind of thinking that’s wrong with our community.

If you’re frustrated because your team sucks, cool - suicide on hook... but don’t be a dick and ######### in front of someone about to save you.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

struggle dumb thing in this game make it a hold.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

My thumb slips or I lose the rhythm pretty often while having to press the stupid button on my controller. Struggle state is an awful mechanic. Really [BAD WORD]ing awful. I've also had the game screw up and kill me when I never stopped pressing the button, but I did see lag onscreen. I've died right as people come to save me. It sucks. Players shouldn't be able to die accidentally during a minute-long state on the hook. It's an absolute [BAD WORD] mechanic.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

Two years of playing solo survivor and killer at rank 1 has corrupted me.

Again, I find it concerning that you have more of an issue of me preventing immersive survivors from getting altruism points, then survivors who just urban evade around the map, these survivors are the reason why solo survivor can be so frustrating. It would be understandable if these survivors were rank 20 but they're not, they're red ranks.

Plus, it wasn't like I planned to let go off struggle the moment my team mate tried to save me. I was on a run of terrible games, and in a moment I just decided "screw it" and let go, take a break from the game and try my luck later on.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Theres survivors during this event doing nothing but farming hook saves, killers may not see this but we do.

They dont touch gens or anything, they just Urban Evasion around waiting on that next hook. They save then its back to Urbanning around waiting for the next.

Sorry but im not giving them it, i'd rather move on to my next game were hopefully i get a better team of survivors who help out with everything.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The fun part of multiplayer games is that you get to play with other people.

The downside of multiplayer is that you have to play with other people.

Humans just love being jerks when anonymousity protects them

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

If it’s a one-off situation like you described, alright... but this thread is spot on with the statement that MANY people do this, and it happens pretty frequently.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

I think you mistake what I meant with that. I meant if I see 0 people sitting on gens for a minute of game time. I am out. People go down fast, I know that. But if I am not getting rescued and people arent doing gens. Then what are they doing? 1 might be chased away but not all 3. So they arent playing the game, so I leave.