Good stealth build?

Options
Poorfu
Poorfu Member Posts: 47

I prefer to be stealthy and avoid chases as much as possible, unless of course it's absolutely necessary. Like saving a survivor, etc. So I don't play very aggressive. Anyone got a good stealth build to avoid detection as much as possible? Or if this build even exists lol

Comments

• OktobmerButOktobmier
    OktobmerButOktobmier Member Posts: 25
    Options

First of all, use Spine Chill, it is a very useful perk to use when you are doing generators or cleansing totems or healing survivors and anything else.

Secondly, you should use Distortion, it can cancel out BBQ and Chili and can cancel out many more Aura perks and Add-ons while also not leaving scratch marks for a short period of time.

Thirdly, you should use Urban Evasion, it allows you to crouch faster which can be useful when trying to leave the killers terror radius or hide behind a object and move around to the other side when the killer is there.

And Finally, you should use Iron Will. This allows you to hide in plain sight without breathing which can make a massive difference when hiding from a Killer.

So, Basically:

Use Spine chill to Detect where the Killer is.

Use Distortion to hide you aura and scratch marks from the Killer.

Use Urban Evasion to stealthily leave the killers terror radius

And Use Iron Will to Not make any Sound.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311
    Options

Sprint burst iron will urban evasion and calmspirit/meta (DS/unbreakabill)

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Spine Chill

Fixated

Poised

Repressed Alliance

SC tells you when the Killer is coming.

Fixated lets you walk around objects so the Killer juuuuust misses you.

Poised lets you move quickly between gens without getting caught. Pop the gen and dip.

Repressed Alliance ensures they can't pop your gen while they are looking for you and get let you do some cheeky plays involving 99%ed gens. You will be the gen jokey if you are running a build like this, so the activation requirement won't be hard.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    edited July 2020
    Options

Personally I love using this build:

Quick and quiet

Lithe

Dance with me

Iron will

You vault silently with quick and quiet, break into a sprint with lithe, leave no scratch marks for 3 seconds with dance with me. I’ve lost the killer so many times this way :P

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I would actually NOT recommend iron will if you are going all in on stealth.

It's a great mid-chase stealth perk. However if your goal is to avoid chases entirely rather than just escaping them ASAP then iron will should ideally never provide you with any value, since you won't be injured on account of the Killer not finding you.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,442
    edited July 2020
    Options

Lucky Break

Iron Will

Urban Evasion

DS/Spine Chill.

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Some other perks to look at:

• Quick and Quiet - Lets you quickly dip into lockers and if the Killer is checking corners you can quickly hop over a window to avoid being spotted
    • Sprint Burst - Taping space bar lets you walk away at sprint speed without leaving scratchmarks. It also acts as a plan B, since you can get away with it in the event that you ARE spotted
    • Distortion - Obvious. Means you can ignore hiding for BBQ and other similar perks
    • Calm Spirit - You actually can hide from the doctor without this perk by being extra careful about being in his TR and being mindful of his Shock Blast cooldown. However you can use this perk to trivialize that and ignore perks like infectious fright or deathbound. Niche but whatever.
    • Diversion - Useful for getting the Killer away from your area if used properly.
    • Urban Evasion - For the same reason as fixated. Works in more locations but not for as long. Fixated tends to be better simply because many gens have walls you don't need to crouch to be hidden by
    • Premonition - Only run this perk if you are already running Spine Chill. If you have a problem with hiding in the wrong angle and running into the Killer then this perk fixes that.
  • LordVoidron
    LordVoidron Member Posts: 145
    Options

Decisive Strike, they will never ever ever expect you to use it.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Just saying, unless it is for good reason, stealthing kills your team. You need to be able to hold a chase, and urban evading around the map wont do that. You should only stealth if you are going to waste the killers time looking for you. A good build though, would be object of obsession, to tell the killer where you are, and when they get to that area, stealth away to waste his time. Spine chill, to know if he is in your area looking for you. Poised, so you can run between gens without a trace. Decisive Strike, as if you do get caught, you will be tunneled.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

I will give you my thoughts from a killer main perspective. This is a build centered on stealth and productivity, not stealth for the sake of it. It's not just a matter of picking a build, but of picking a build and having a sound strategy to use it.

• Spine Chill. You get an early warning for when the killer is coming to you and it gives you time to retreat into hiding. Be careful, because some killers are wise to it and will adapt. So, sometimes you will have to play it safer and hide even if it only flickers for a second. That's situational. Remember to always use your game sense. There's no substitute for it. Useful in chases too for the extra vault speed.
    • Fixated. Perfect synergy with SC. You can go into cover faster and even skate around the killer who's checking the surroundings for you. If you're really cheeky, you can abuse the scratch mark reading to leave some false trails. Useful in chases as well for jukes, or to try to reset bloodlust.
    • Sprint Burst. Besides the great synergy with the above, one always need a plan B. Not every killer tracking ability can be countered (eg. Killer Instinct, Whispers), or always countered timely (eg. Rancor), or be worth countering given the circumstances (sometimes you just have to risk it and keep doing what you're doing). If plan A is to not be found and avoid being a target, then plan B is to become a target not worth chasing when you're going to be found. That's where SB comes in handy. Get a bunch of distance early and the killer might decide to rotate, or you might get to an area where you can use your lead and Fixated to lose them. If plan B fails as well, SB allows you to get to loopable resources, which are plan C.
    • Calm Spirit. One of the top perks for stealth. Counters so many killer tracking perks and abilities which I won't even start listing them. Not to mention the great synergy with lockers, which you WILL have to use to block aura reading, and CS will save you in case of Iron Maiden.
    • Last, but not least, P3 Claudette and a medkit. You better not get caught, because you know you'll get facecamped. /jk

A few additional points.

• No Iron Will. It's an amazing perk, but it's a looping perk, only secondarily for stealth. If you're injured, use your medkit, or crouch, or hide into a locker. Calm Spirit is by far the better stealth perk and we only get so many perk slots, so choices must be made wisely.
    • No Distortion/Sole Survivor etc. Distortion simply doesn't have enough tokens to support this playstyle. Trust the killer main on this one. I've seen this many times and it didn't even faze me. Use lockers at the appropriate moment instead, or get out of range of aura reading abilities (BBQ, Nurse's, etc.) Sole Survivor relies on your team dying, which is contrary to the spirit of this build. This is not a selfish build.
    • No Quick&Quiet. Again, great perk, but too situational. If you have to hop in a locker, scout your surroundings first so you don't waste time when you need it and time it a little early to err on the side of safety. The perk slot is better invested for the perks I listed.
    • Honorable mentions: Diversion, Dance with Me, Off the Record, Lucky Break, Balanced Landing (for grunt suppression), Bond/Empathy/Kindred, Alert/Dark Sense, Stake Out (for early TR detection), Lightweight, Inner Strength (counters Nurse's and it's a great perk in general), Poised, Premonition, Technician, Urban Evasion. These are all perks that range from mediocre to excellent, but either alone or in specific builds, they're more situational and they will lead you to get found more often and in more situations than the build I suggest.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited July 2020
    Options

These are my two go-to stealth builds:

• Urban Evasion - Alert - Spine Chill - Kindred (is my standard go-to)
    • Dance With Me - Lithe - Quick 'n Quiet - Spine Chill (this ones good for vaulting a window silently then breaking into a sprint leaving no scratches) - A bit risky but great for getting out of chases.

Blendette also helps.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I'm not saying that this is the build to end all stealth builds, but I did get to red ranks with this initially with a mix of solo and SWF games, pre Ruin rework.Default Claudette with jacket

Spine Chill - basically a mandatory Stealth perk for early detection. Especially fantastic when combined with a good headset.

Bond - Combine this perk with Spine Chill in order to tell when a killer has broken a chase near you, and can also use this to get healed up.

Self-Care - Hear me out. You can't just rely on others to heal you, especially while playing solo. If you can't hold a chase, having two health states is also pretty vital. This will allow you to get back to two health states, without drawing attention to others.

Sprint Burst - YEET. This is the best Exhaustion perk for stopping a chase before it starts. If others are nearby, like say on a generator that's been marked by Discordance, this perk could be the difference between being targeted by the killer or them going after the other survivor.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited July 2020
    Options

I run ~50 differet builds on survivor, using a randomizer which one to choose. Of course there are also some more stealthy builds. Here are some that you might like