Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hearthstone Concept in DBD

I started playing Hearthstone late last year, and one concept that I think DBD could take from the card game is the restrictions it puts on certain cards for deck-building purposes. For example, as long as your deck has no duplicates, then this card gives you X benefit.

I think DBD should use this concept too because it could lead to some interesting perks that couldn't be created in the current form as they'd be too powerful if paired with others, and it would also lead to players having to make choices with their builds.

For example:

Get Me Outta Here: As long as you have no Exhaustion perk, the on-hit Sprint lasts for .5/.75/1 second longer.

Attuned Hearing: As long as you have 1 perk that tracks the killer's whereabouts, then you hear the killer's Terror Radius as if it were 2/4/6 meters larger. 

Grand Finale: As long as you have no Hex perk, the End Game Collapse automatically starts 10/5/0 seconds after the last Gen is powered.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I like the idea. I don't know exactly how "healthy" or "good" it would be for the game but it sounds interesting nonetheless. Would be pretty cool to see perks with additional effects like "if you only have 1 kind of X perk" or "if using this paired with Y kind of perk" or other things, and have different combos that could be used. The only thing that comes to mind that would be unfavorable IMO is the possibility for the devs to go too far with it, like if they put too much force into one kind of meta and choked out other sorts of playstyles.

I also like it because of the way it could be used against certain perks. I've been around some discussion about having certain perks limited in games, like not allowing more than X amount of this kind of perk (usually being said about Decisive Strike.)

• MongByeolBuddies
    MongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 146

I agree with everything you said. It's possible the devs could take it too far. In Hearthstone, a common complaint is people feel forced to play certain decks to be competitive. However, that's more or less the same in DBD now as most people use the same powerful perks. So I also see more of an upside with this concept than downside.