What do you think about skins that cannot be mixed ?

Emhyr
Emhyr Member Posts: 73

Hi guys !

I'm here to know what you think about that.

I discovered today with disappointment that the new nea's skin isn't mixable and i think this idea (except for legendary skins) is totally a bad idea. This isn't give us better skins, we just waste the possibility of personnalisation...

Comments

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

I really dislike it. I get it makes it easier to make them because you don't need to worry about clipping, but if you sacrifice the creativity of players and their outfits for that, then that's disappointing.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I dont care either way. If I like the skin the way it is, I'll buy it. If I only like a piece of a linked outfit, I won't buy it. Just being linked isnt a confirmed never buy. In fact I own all the linked outfits that have come out so far. 2 Cheryls, 4 Legion and Nea's latest. I think they are all super-cool, so far.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Honestly I think locked skins should be something that is only done with legendary outfit considering the change model and animations outside of that that you shouldn't be forced to be locked into one set.

One of the things that I really love about outfits is mixing and matching it means that when you buy an outfit you don't just get 1 you could potentially get 3 or 4 depending on your combinations.

Set take away from this overall it just ends up making the cosmetic have less value even though the quality of the cosmetic hasn't gone down.

Nea's outfit for example looks incredible and is definitely a step up however because you don't have the mix and match capabilities it ends up losing a lot more overall value

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

There are more than 2 linked Cheryl outfits, plus Pyramid Head's store outfit is linked.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I don't mind, just as long as the one-piece cosmetics are one piece that cannot be split into separate parts. Hopefully it means we'll get more elaborate skins as they won't be confined to building 3 separate pieces and can focus on the whole.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Dislike. I would've grabbed at least one Cheryl outfit if I could combine them but I'm just p3ing her instead. No combos, no deal

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

The only set I like is the most recent one, Nea's. The rest of the sets are mediocre.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Generally dislike it. The only reason I can imagine they did it for nea was to move the charms under the jacket where you can't see them. Other than that it's an awesome but standard skin outside of that which would mix fine.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I understand sets for legendary skins, but not for some of the other ones.

For example, i understand why the head and costume for the bunny legions have to be a set, but why the weapon?

Also the rare outfits for cheryl... I dont understand why they are sets, they seem very simple.

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

Thw thing is that locked skins change the character model in some way. Take Cheryl for example, in her nurse outfit, ahe completely changes posture and face. It is as if you were playing another character entirely, that’s why you cannot change them because they cannot mix animations and/or postures.