Is having NOED toxic? Newbie

So I'm new to playing the game but I've been watching videos for years. I have less than 10 games under my belt, lastnight I was playing as the new killer and had just unlocked noed, I had fun even though I was getting juked like crazy lol. by the end I got two kills and the other two got away, they instantly rushed the doors open and didnt 99% them. One guy said good job but people are gonna report you and be mad at you for being toxic using Noed.. I didnt camp at all and I dont think I was being toxic in any way, so just curious if having noed is a looked at badly or was this dude just salty he got killed by a new player?

P.S. I've been loving how awesome this community has been since I started playing.

Comments

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

No

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

It's not Toxic no.

But remember, the higher you go up the ranks the more you'll find players who know what to do.

You always want to let go of your training wheels when you're ready. The stronger you get, the more you'll realize you won't make it to End Game. And you'll eventually drop it for something better.

NOED is training wheels, and it's okay to use them but remember you'll eventually get better.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

NOED, same with all other perks, is not toxic

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Not, it's really not. But as BigBrainMegMain said, the better you get, less you'll need to use it. Don't get me wrong, there's some situations that even the most proficient killer main would need a Noed 'cause the rush is real, but mostly you'll percieve it as a wasted perk slot.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

People will be salty about it but don’t listen to them Noed is a great perk for the current gen rush and adrenaline meta if they choose gens over totems that is all on them

• Xbgpredator
    Xbgpredator Member Posts: 3

Thanks guys, but yeah they had one gen left before i downed my first person because they were running good loops on me lol

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Not toxic at all. It’s the one (and only) killer 2nd chance perk. You’ll notice the majority of survivors run several 2nd chance perks (except you can’t disable theirs), so no one has the right to complain at all.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    edited July 2020

Personally no it is not toxic and a great killer learning tool. It helps new killers learn how to use other perks while having a safety net. I will say personally though I no longer use it because there are better perks. I will give a tip though and if you ever want to see a bunch of survivors squirm use NOED and Blood Warden. I do this a couple times a month and laugh as you watch the survivors run in circles at the gate not being able to get out. I still let them escape but it is fun to watch. =)

Also NOED is a nice way to slow the game by making totems a main objective as well now. It makes the survivors look for the little buggers that are sometimes hidden way to well. THEN they can focus on gens. =)

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

No, it is not. But try not to rely on it too much. Don’t hinder youself in the match knowing you’ll have NOED to win. If you do that you’ll never improve.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

I think you misinterpreted that guy. He wasn't salty, he was just letting you know "this wonderful awesome community" that you've experienced so far is going to look and sound a whole lot different if you run noed very often. He was trying to warn you that you will see all sorts of salt for using it.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

It's not. Just don't facecamp people with 5 generators remaining and then use NOED just so you can insta-down the second guy and facecamp him to death too.

• Xbgpredator
    Xbgpredator Member Posts: 3

No I would never face camp anyone, 2 out of the 5 survivor matches I played I was facecamped and its lame

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

Not at all, It punishes gen rushing, and is easily countered by a good survivor team.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

Not toxic. Survivors need to stop thinking they're entitled to an escape just because they sat on gens all game. Since NOED is so meta, they need to also focus on totems instead of only rushing gens. But what do I know, I'm just a rank 1 survivor lmao

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

it is not toxic at all.

however, survivors tend to dislike the perk, cause it denies them their win when they were super close to actually getting it.

due to that frustration the clear and easy counterplay this perk has is often overlooked and anyone using it is called a "no skilled noob" / the perk itself is referred to as "a crutch perk for baby killers".

you shouldnt feel bad for running the perk.

and you should get used to salt in the end chat. that is, sadly, a very common thing in this community. id recommend you not taking anything serious others write and report anything that is heavily insulting towards you or others, you might have a bad time otherwise.

just as a general tip for a new player such as you.