The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Disconnecting survivors ruin the game whether i`m playing killer or survivor.

Disconnecting survivors ruin the game whether i`m playing killer or survivor.
I really hope when i report them on ps4 they at least get some kind of warning or punishment as these players are ruining a good game!

Comments

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

Always some terrible survivor when i play killer or surv ruins the game for others atm/

• Toecutter

when i play killer always someone getting hooked disconnecting and i play survivor and you get someone doing the same . Earlier 3 of them disconnected i imagine they where SWF and i let the last solo guy go as he was hanging about despite his team mates screwed him over

• Toecutter

If you keep this up nobody will host a game and what will cocky survivors do then? whilst they flash flashlight and disconnect as they are losing

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

I did just get the Party crasher trophy though as i ruined the gens whilst these DC ing losers where hooked.
    Nice silver one :)

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

Finally just had a good game! 2 survivors escaped me the other two not so lucky but they all played solo and no hate after or Disconnecting the game. How this game should be!

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited September 2018

Sweet Conversation your having with yourself.. How do you keep it so fresh?

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

I`m just ranting as i play with so many ######### survivors be them team mates or as a killer. @cornchip )

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    I feel you man.  I was just in a match earlier and the three other Survivors disconnected on me.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I hate when my teammates DC back to back to back. One time the killer was a Leatherface and everybody disconnected before he even got one hit in. At that point I gave myself up, no point in continuing.

One of the only situations I don’t blame the survivor for DC’ing is BM by the killer who is bodyblocking the basement and holding the game hostage but I’ve only seen that maybe once.

• Toecutter

Yeah game is great when you don`t have a room lobby full of disconnecting survivors!

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

On PS4 killer DC’s are a whole world worse. Nothing can compare, not even the flashlight macro.

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

@Jack11803 said:
    On PS4 killer DC’s are a whole world worse. Nothing can compare, not even the flashlight macro.

As a killer i would never disconnect as i started the room and want a fun game, but i do agree if a killer does DC the survivors should not be punished although i have barely seen this happen in hundreds of games maybe once.

• Jack11803

@Toecutter said:

@Jack11803 said:

As a killer i would never disconnect as i staeted the room and want a fun game, but i do agree if a killer does DC the survivors should not be punished although i have barely seen this happen in hundreds of games maybe once.

(please not this can ONLY happen on PS4) Killers DC WAY more once they learn that closing app Warsaw’s the survivors progress from the last 20 minutes, deletes all offerings and items brought, causes de-pip; and the cherry on top of potential account file deletion. With how spiteful the PS4 killers are, it’s no wonder they indulge in such disgusting activity as jeopardizing hundreds of hours of progress of 4 strangers cuz they feel hurt.

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

As i said i am not one of those that would ever disconnect from a game i play it till the end be it surv or killer. I am on PS4 and i think you would enjoy a game with me whether i`m hillbilly killer or Ace surv :)
    I play this game for fun but anyone disconnecting because they are losing ruin it

• Toecutter

@JoannaVO said:
    Players who disconnect frequently are supposed to get temporary bans

Well i hope they do!

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

On PC they do so I assume it's just a thing on all platforms?

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited September 2018

@Jack11803 said:
    (please not this can ONLY happen on PS4) Killers DC WAY more once they learn that closing app Warsaw’s the survivors progress from the last 20 minutes, deletes all offerings and items brought, causes de-pip; and the cherry on top of potential account file deletion. With how spiteful the PS4 killers are, it’s no wonder they indulge in such disgusting activity as jeopardizing hundreds of hours of progress of 4 strangers cuz they feel hurt.

Note for PS4 survivors: try not to be a dick to your killer. If he doesn't burn you, he may be in a foul mood and do this to the next group who he suspects are starting to grief him.

Edit: And killers, stop being a dick to survivors. As a 50/50, I see the arseholes on both sides, all the damn time, and I'm really not surprised people carry bad feelings into their next games and misbehave.

• Jack11803

@JoannaVO said:

You need to leave 80% of games to trigger a ban. It should be like 2 or 3%, with immunity to a ban when you first start out. (as a single dc would make you go under.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

You need to leave 80% of games to trigger a ban. It should be like 2 or 3%, with immunity to a ban when you first start out. (as a single dc would make you go under.

2-3% is absurdly small. Assuming 100 trials per month, that's 2-3 trials you can DC from, for any reason, before you get the ban hammer. Real life does not work like that. I've had to DC three times in a different game in two weeks because of unforeseen circumstances. The percentage should probably vary with the number of trials you've played.

• Jack11803

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

2-3% is absurdly small. Assuming 100 trials per month, that's 2-3 trials you can DC from, for any reason, before you get the ban hammer. Real life does not work like that. I've had to DC three times in a different game in two weeks because of unforeseen circumstances. The percentage should probably vary with the number of trials you've played.

My bad, you’re right. I was just thinking of people with thousands of games but your ideas better. Higher percent but lower sample size. Have it be like 15-20% and reset monthly

• Orion

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

My bad, you’re right. I was just thinking of people with thousands of games but your ideas better. Higher percent but lower sample size. Have it be like 15-20% and reset monthly

Well, I assumed it wasn't 2-3% for all eternity, but rather 2-3% over a certain period of time; it'd make no sense otherwise, as people with thousands of trials played would never be banned.

• Jack11803

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

Well, I assumed it wasn't 2-3% for all eternity, but rather 2-3% over a certain period of time; it'd make no sense otherwise, as people with thousands of trials played would never be banned.

Yeah

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

80%!? That's absolutely ridiculous! It shouldn't even go further than 10%.
    Where did you get these numbers from though?

• Jack11803

@JoannaVO said:

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

80%!? That's absolutely ridiculous! It shouldn't even go further than 10%.
    Where did you get these numbers from though?

A certain moderator that people know and like.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

I often encounter a combo meal of sorts, with one team mate disconnecting and another suiciding on the hook. Most of the time for no apparent reason at all.

• Orion
    edited September 2018

@Toecutter said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@JoannaVO said:

Unforseen curcumstances you say>? Stop making excuses you disconnecting fktard

Yes, I'll just ask the mail to deliver packages when I'm not playing, my family members to hold off on their health problems (after all, what's 80-something years of age - nobody at that age has any health problems whatsoever; they were probably faking the high blood pressure and heartrate issues), and my digestive system to shut down so I don't have to take a #########, all so your games are not bothered by my real life.

• Toecutter

the latest update seems to be allowing survivors to win no matter how bad they play . if this turns out to be the case i won`t be hosting anymore games

• Orion

@Toecutter said:
    the latest update seems to be allowing survivors to win no matter how bad they play . if this turns out to be the case i won`t be hosting anymore games

Given your attitude toward the existence of "real life", I think I speak for everyone when I say "Good. Don't".

• Toecutter

@Orion said:

@Toecutter said:

Given your attitude toward the existence of "real life", I think I speak for everyone when I say "Good. Don't".

Mr onion when you can post something that makes sense please come back!

• Orion

@Toecutter said:

@Orion said:

@Toecutter said:

Mr onion when you can post something that makes sense please come back!

Come back when you can say my name.

• Orion

How old are you? What's your native language?

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

@Orion said:

I am assuming your reply means you are in your early 80`s and you have to visit the doctor mid game so you excuse disconnecting mid game lol

• Toecutter

@Orion said:
    How old are you? What's your native language? My native language is klingon and you are a fukwit!

• Orion

@Toecutter said:

@Orion said:

Im assuming your reply means you are in your early 80s and you have to visit the doctor mid game so you excuse disconnecting mid game lol

No, some of my family members are old and if they call me with serious health issues, you can bet your ass I'm going to disconnect from whatever game I'm in and go help them.

• Toecutter

vIchel bep SoS be'nI' je wa'Hu' ram, vaj Qu'vatlh.

• Toecutter

Onion stinks but i do like onion as a form of nutrition

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Toecutter said:

@Toecutter Yo, are you roleplaying the Hillbilly or can you actually not read? Their name is @Orion O-R-I-O-N. If you can't read basic English then I'm afraid you've got bigger problems than the DCs.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The game crashes on console all the time, don't forget that. Not every DC is a quit.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

The game crashes on console all the time, don't forget that. Not every DC is a quit.

And yet, DC-s should be punished as harshly as possible. A bad connection is no excuse, if it happens to you often, just don't play until it's fixed. Although if it's some console bug, that should be taken into consideration.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    10% of games a week should do it, if I quit 7 games but played 40 a week, way below 80 but still scummy
  • Toecutter
    edited September 2018

Nice that some of you reported me on here! and some moderator gave me a warning for talking back at people!
    No wonder i hear this community is toxic when i get a warning on an 18 rated game for swearing lol

• Toecutter

Onionguts i`m talking about you !

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

@Peasant said:

@Toecutter said:

@Toecutter Yo, are you roleplaying the Hillbilly or can you actually not read? Their name is @Orion O-R-I-O-N. If you can't read basic English then I'm afraid you've got bigger problems than the DCs.

I can read and the fact i got a warning for using the word fukwit shows what utter sensitive morons are running an adult game and forum like sensitive children.
    If fukwit is an offensive word please do not give me a passive aggressive warning just ban me you soft shites!

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Maybe that is because some adults belive manners matter.
    Maybe you should rethink yours.

• Toecutter
    edited September 2018

@sulaiman said:
    Maybe that is because some adults belive manners matter.

Maybe this game is mainly played by kids who play as survivor and make me never want to host a game again when all they do is abuse the mechanics and the devs dont give ashit! I have manners but im sick of getting threats to kill my self or my family after beating survivors i did get a few people a warning and banned from ps4 for that stuff.
    As for now i`m not spending a penny on this till they stop killers being a joke to overpowered survivors.
    You will not have a game to play when killers get fed up and stop hosting lobby.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited September 2018

@Toecutter said:

@sulaiman said:
    Maybe that is because some adults believe manners matter.

Maybe this game is mainly played by kids who play as the survivor and make me never want to host a game again when all they do is abuse the mechanics and the devs dont give ashit! I have manners but Im sick of getting threats to kill my self or my family after beating survivors I did get a few people a warning and banned from ps4 for that stuff.
    As for now, I`m not spending a penny on this till they stop killers being a joke to overpowered survivors.
    You will not have a game to play when killers get fed up and stop hosting lobby.

I can't blame you for being frustrated. This game was advertised as horror but instead, it's just a joke. The biggest problem is Self-Care. Survivors need to fear the killers and right now we're just all mutually upset. At low to mid ranks, all I'm seeing is tunneling and camping. Hell, I just got out a match where a Spirit player tunneled the obsession and killed them early despite having Rancor. The game needs fixing on both sides.

Survivors:
    We NEED to be knocked off of our high horse, the fact that we as a group have almost entirely become dependant on Self-Care is abhorrent. This is the biggest problem with the game hands down. If games are going to be longer, then survivors will need to be forced to look for allies for heals. Being injured for an extended period of time will create tension that will mimic terror and actually bring back the fear. The whole reason games aren't long enough is because survivors are self-sustaining. I get that the game isn't meant to be realistic, but the self-healing mechanic is broken. I'd be fine with removing it entirely but that would make the other survivors upset so I guess we'll just have to nerf the speed of self-care 6 feet under. There are other problem perks such as Decisive Strike but at least each player can only do that once. I politely ask that anyone who wants to defend Self-Care please make a detailed explanation on how a self-healing mechanic can create fear in a horror game.

Killers:
    You guys need stronger perks alongside some mechanic tweaks. The key to being a good scary killer is to be unique. With a plethora of unique powers and perks, this should be easy, no? I understand that there's a blasted META that some folks use, but that's to be expected. The main point I'm trying to make here is that you should strive to be unique, and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Survivors won't be afraid if they're annoyed. So if you only camp and tunnel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM

I respect these strategies but recently every. single. killer. has been using the camp and tunnel strategy. The game has no fear factor right now because everyone is doing the same thing. It's bland, repetitive, and annoying (Like playing with Self-Care). Nobody is scared because they're just exhausted and annoyed. Be unique, be scary, and focus on the fear. You don't necessarily need to kill everyone if you scare them all to death. I understand this is a lot to ask, and that there will always be exceptions. At ranks 1-5 no survivors will be scared easily (or at all) but that's why you have a whole 10 other ranks.

We as a community need to make Dead by Daylight into the horror game we wanted, otherwise, what are we even playing?

Post edited by Peasant on
  • Toecutter

I can agree on this intelligent reply! i try to avoid camping to appease survivors and as a survivor i find rushing gens etc is boring. Some more thought needs to be put into the game right now though