IN GAME PROXIMITY VOICE CHAT

Options
SirChiefsAlot
SirChiefsAlot Member Posts: 2
edited May 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think a good addition to the game would be an in game proximity voice chat between the survivors as well as the killer. I feel this would add a lot more connection between the community and bring a fun aspect to the game. I understand trolling could get out of hand but would be easily countered by a simple mute button in the "pause" screen menu. This would also reduce the amount of a benefit Survive with Friends adds, as most are using discord or another third-party program to interact and plan between each other . Would love to see this implemented and thanks for your time!

Edit: Also feel free to Vote up or down, as well as comments on why or why not this would be a good idea. Any feedback is appreciated <3

Post edited by SirChiefsAlot on

Answers

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    Options

It'd have it's pluses and minuses. Sounds a little on the controversial side too. No I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole lol.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

I enjoyed that feature in F13 but it was designed with that in mind. This game it would likely get abused heavily.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Ehh.. I'd rather not hear 5 year olds in a 17+ Game please...

• SirChiefsAlot
    SirChiefsAlot Member Posts: 2
    Options

@raptorrotas. I was more saying for unique interactions between randoms not exactly for talking and relaying info between friends you already have in-game. But I understand what ya mean. that would probably be a lot of what happens and would be muting half of who you play against, guess I just wanted to think different even if it's sadly not the truth in a lot of this community.

@se05239. as far as people of different nationalities/kids yelling, I think that would be solved through the dedicated servers being added if they are regionally separated, push to talk key, as well as the mute player option for anything you don't want to hear.

To be fair guess I was envisioning along a gold line for what I imagined it to be and not what it would be. Appreciate every ones responses though. Made me think of the bad side a bit more, happy playing all good luck and have fun!

@LastShoe Haha yeah, I've always had the idea and that just made me want it even more but guess it is just a concept and wouldn't actually be how its used </3

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    Options

killers and survivors should have the option to enable/disable in game chat proximity during a game. It would be fun talking trash to the killer and vise versa. If it gets toxic, you can turn it off.

• ghostkiller666
    ghostkiller666 Member Posts: 85
    Options

this idea is awesome ... but talking to the killer... meh. That cannot happen, or u are a psycopath or it will ruin the game, as me as the killer, i don't want to get in touch with the survivors, they will ask for farming and they won't be afraid of what i might do against them. Maybe the possibility of the killer to JUST listen to the closer survivors.

Any way, i would love to chat with strangers close to me while playing, don't see how much benefit u get from it, probably it would worst them it's, but as a player i would like to give it a "hook".

• VNGNCE
    VNGNCE Member Posts: 15
    Options

In addition to this post I'd like to respond to alot of feedback regarding how annoying it can be to have proximity chat in dead by daylight I understand where you're coming from but this issue can be so easily solved by just muting everyone or specific persons in lobby and having the options to mute all even while waiting in lobby with the 60 second countdown and the "mute all" option remains active until turned off in the in game or in lobby menu screens that shows player IDs (shows who has a mic as well as who's talking situationally so if someones abusing this installment or is a nuisance of any sort can be dealt with as soon as possible because time is everything in this game right;). The toxicity of the Dead By Daylight community is undeniable but proximity chat could potentially make this game much more enjoyable and a less repetitive expirience for players, especially players who have been playing since release as I have. What would be the worst possible outcome of adding the proximity chat option into this game? Is it really such a bad idea? .. I'll tell you what if I heard a(or) survivor(s) saying some not so nice words to me as killer It'd encourage me to play more competitively (cause I can handle trash talk) and make more assurance of there death(s).

And if I was playing survivor and had a killer talking reckless to me It'd just encourage me to play more competitively (cause I can handle trash talk) and try to make more assurance of my Team and I's escape.

I play somewhat "toxic" to influence my opponent(s) to play to win and have more skill based gameplay and decision-making implented into my matches. It's so much more rewarding when you succeed against a player or players that gave it there all and really tried to win against you. Talking to or taunting randoms who left proximity chat enabled would make room for "more" interesting games

I also think proximity chat would add more personality to the game other than "teabagging" and having the same 2 emotes DBD has had since release. Wouldn't it be hilarious playing a stealth killer sneaking up on a generator and hearing two players talking about completely random things and hearing there actual scream when you jump scare them? or whispering to nearby survivors as somewhat of a tactic/taunt? or hiding as a survivor whispering to the killer "hey over here" as a tactic/taunt? Or singing "laalaa lalalala laalaa lalalala laalaa lalalala walking around playing with the nightmare?😂 In my opinion I think all the positives would outweigh the negatives of adding proximity chat into the game but also with the mute all option as I said before you'd be able to permanently enable it until disabled making each match for the player who has enabled this option to have the same exact expirience prior to this proximity chat addition as if it was never even there. No nusainces. No little kids. No trolling. AND no more survivors on coms talking throughout the entirety of the map it'd make the game require more skill based gameplay and it'd make the game more realistic. I'd love to read all opinions and responses on this topic probably as would the developers with this being an interesting topic and assuming they'll see this post.

Sincerely,

Seeking_Vngnce

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

No thanks.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Let's be realistic here: with how toxic our community is, it will most likely end up like in that previously posted parody video and I for one am good without that.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited September 2019
    Options

Altough I like people sharing their ideas I think this is really a bad one. It has no practical uses. PUBG has a chat in-game as an example and I had to mute it because it's really annoying.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Only if it comes with the option to turn it off. I don't need or want the feature and definitely don't want it forced on me.

• Rinzler_spoke
    Rinzler_spoke Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Options

It really doesn't make sense not having it. I mean who ever heard of a bunch of survivors that cant hear or speak? I don't think the killer should have a mic but should have proximity hearing. I feel like a lot of survivors would be whispering at each other and it would bring more life to the game. You allow party chat but not random chat. That's really not fair for the killer. As far as toxic chat, who cares if players might be toxic... Private messages seem to relay plenty of toxicity so why not just let players talk trash in game? That use to be a norm before everyone's feelings started hurting all the time.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

This was a thing in Friday the 13th, but everybody mostly just used Discord all the time anyway.

I still think it would be a decent option, albeit one that people would be able to opt out of if they don't want to deal with voice chat.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

No one would use it. Discord is a thing.

• Pogister2
    Pogister2 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I agree with the last few sentences. I think it would improve solo q and help the killer find survivors. I play on PS4 and I have to either take 30 seconds out of my time to message a survivor to go save someone on a hook, OR go up to them, turn on the mic and tell them to save.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75
    Options

This was only a 'mild' example. I can only imagine how bad this would be.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    Options

I can see already survivor taunting the killer during loops already

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350
    Options

in theory: yes

but in reality: no

This is going to get abused to play annoying clips, I can already hear the "pReTtY gOoD jOb sO fAr" ear ######### clips as well as other malicious things (advertising for hacks for example, sound clips/voice chat to insult people etc).

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 150
    Options

This game lacks social mechanics. The killer should be able to talk to the survivors. Since we don’t have this you see the toxic cesspool that dbd has become. When you compare a solid gane with voice chat and a solid hane without there’s always a clear winner. People want to socialize, not zombie out on a competitive (yes I said competitive) pvp game like DBD.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    Options

Downvote and smash a baseball bat on it while it's on the ground.

• EndMePlease
    EndMePlease Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2021
    Options

I would really like it , the downside would be if it gets toxic so that is why it would be normal to get a mute player option at the menu , or u can turn it off completely , it would be fun to play something like bubba and while im chainsaw dashing i just start screaming like in this video here (go to 1:05)