Please add a Matching option to not have to play against SWF

2»

Comments

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

There is also a report option for unsportsmanlike behaviour but that does not seem to do anything either.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154
    edited July 2020

Unsportsmanlike behavior is harder to detect with or without video evidence. Afk is pretty obvious.

Edit: it is the same problem in league of legends. Toxic chat is self-evident but "intentional" feeding is hard to differentiate from simply being out of your elo or playing bad.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

They will never do that due to the low amount of killer that would still play against swf if they get the option to opt out. Only a certain amount of red rank killer would still be up for the "challenge".

I also think that swf is not healthy in a 4 vs 1 game when external come can negate/substitute a hefty amount of perks and give so much information in real time.

It is the same in all team based PvP games. The coordinated team with comes and intelligence exchange will always be at an advantage, see rainbow six siege, csgo, overwatch, lol etc.

But it will stay and, if I didn't read some fake post, they will implement friend invites cross platform which will increase the possibility for swf dramatically overall depending on the size of player base on each platform.

We have to either deal with it or simply quit.

But hey, you don't have to take my opinion serious I am just a casual killer-only player at around rank 10 since I am not interested enough in only this game to care for my rank.

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164

Then swf would have around 1-2 days of queue time.

Literally everyone who wouldnt have that filter on would just and only get swf swats.

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67

They can't prevent SWFs. So they should try to embrace it and rebalance the game around it.

Implement voice chat for all survivors. Then buff killer and change perks that don't work versus SWFs to make up for it.

• MindGame3301
    MindGame3301 Member Posts: 129
    edited July 2020

That wouldn't be fun. Once you get a high enough rank and decent at the game a challenge is nice. They should give increased bloodpoints per match. 64k max instead of 32k. Also a boost for playing against a swf would be nice as the communication is a huge advantage.

Edit- I wouldn't say huge but an advantage compared to solo. So killer would get a boost against swf and solo survibors would get a boost going in a matcb solo.

• CertArn
    CertArn Member Posts: 78

Maybe friends games should be played with FIVE players? Only private. How about that?

Dude, this game is created around random people working together in silence. How do i know? No in game chat, no in game mics. Survivors groups meant to bi "silent" and mostly random. Thats the point of this whole experience.

Devs are just afraid, i dont know what tho.

• Peace

Because queue times with my swf are already 10-20 minutes.

And i say only about 5% of all killers would search with swf and after getting stomped 3-4 times they would disable swf again.

Just imagine if every killer would disable that option, it doesnt even stays at the 4 swf swats, even rank 20s searching their first game together could end up in queue for about 20-30 minutes and then get matched with a way higher ranked killer, because noone who knows that option would enable it in low ranks.

This game would die so fast, because new players wouldnt keep playing and old players quitting because they search to long or dont find games at all.

Resulting in?

Yea! Longer queue times again.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

My point exactly. Killers don't want to go against SWF groups.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Do killer mains expect to win every single game?

Playing against a group of good survivors is demoralizing if you get waxed and disrespected, sure, but like... it's ok to accept that you're not a top tier player and some of the survivors on the team are probably better than you as the killer.

You obviously aren't getting SWF teams every single time you load up a lobby... take your L like a man and go. I'm tight when I get finessed by a lobby of good survivors when I play killer, but like... it's all good because I know that the next lobby I get, I'll probably wax them LMAO

• Peace

I think i speak for most dbd players, when i state, that i dont want a situation as a killer, where i have to decide if im going to play against solos or a swf swat.

And especially where the swf mechanic completely gets destroyed by creating immense queue times.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited July 2020

Yeah, every time you bring up SWF people are like, "BUT MUH FRIENDS I HAVE FRIENDS I NEED TO PLAY WITH THEM OK WHY DON'T YOU HAVE FRIENDS I HAVE FRIENDS SO CRINGE TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS, BRAH!!!!"

Then bring up KYF and it's just [Cricket Sound Intensifies]

Even worse is when they tell killers to just "take the L, don't expect easy wins, don't be entitled, just get better" as they hunt lowbies with their 4-man SWF of 3 red ranks and 1 rank 16.

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113
    edited July 2020

then plz don't cry when you're gonna be in 2hour waiting times if they're gonna introduce that

everyone: intelligent 9 paragraph arguments

me, a intelligent(not) person: 3 word sentence

*WORLD ARGUMENTS DROP DOWN TO 0%*

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

If this forum would have discussed swf vs solo survivor maybe it would be an option, but its always been survivor vs killer. As such swf is really the only way to play higher ranks what with all the survivor nerfs.

• DrBrain
    DrBrain Member Posts: 78

Im all for a Filter to not get SWF. Hate it with a passion. I think it's a neat idea with friends from time to time but majority of it is just people wanting to Ride the Killer like a Bull and send hatemail afterwards if you beat them at it.

It's annoying af and not fun. Either that or give us a Kill with Friends where we get to have a second killer on the map instead of just us. That way, I can show SWF players what it feels like.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177

I mean let's be honest, the issue isn't playing against friends... It's with people seemingly using voice chat and cheating by relaying information. So I don't understand why the devs don't just integrate an in-game voice chat, make it distance based while in matches, and deem external programs as cheating.

Idk...

• Xbey
    Xbey Member Posts: 1

I mean just facecamp with leatherface the SWF you encounter and the ones that are not just play them normal, that's what I do and man does it feel good

• CuteLittleAngel
    CuteLittleAngel Member Posts: 12

I play with my friends, most of the time it's just I and another. Sometimes three of us. Here's the thing, I know a SWF can be annoying. Heck I had a game the other day where it was obvious the other two survivors were friends and they just memed and killed themselves on hook early in game. So sometimes the other survivors get the short end of the stick too.

I'm gonna be so honest. With the other person I play with the most, we STILL don't win a lot. We struggle because at face value we aren't great at chases, nor escaping them. Most of how we play together is just to let the other know they can stay on a gen because the other has the killer chasing them. Or if anyone is on their way to save them off the hook. We don't play together to ######### with the killer. We play together because we both really enjoy the game and it's one of the few we both can agree on playing together.

Not every SWF is like this but not every SWF is toxic mess of people who will flashlight save their friends every time.

On the killer side of things. I know how frustrating it can be. I remember two games off the top of my head where I was against a SWF

I was a baby killer rank but they would flashlight blind and crash pallets on me. I still got my 4 man from both these games. As much as it can be annoying, like others said it doesn't negate them being weaker with some other things like chases and hiding. Always face a wall if you are worried about flashlight blinds if you can. Keep yourself calm no matter how frustrating it's starting to feel, because you will make more mistakes the more upset you get. And just remember you can rattle a good or bad SWF by being the better player.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

Word

My friends suck hot ass at the game. It is less punishing to rando q

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Perfect response.

And what a horrible idea, OP. Get better at the game because not all killers are losing the majority of their games to SWF.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    edited July 2020

I guess you are both right. I made this post in response to a horrible Hag game i had. I tend to aggressively spam traps in vital areas and that SWF saw it. Then then sent one guy ot to tail me from a safe distance, and 5 minutes after every trap i place. They would trigger that trap. Even if i TP to them and hit them, the entire team would body block me to protect that friend.

I felt like i was just playing a M1 Killer with no power. I couldn't set up traps to end loops, i couldn't set traps in choke points. I couldn't do anything cause they countered me with the skill of a SWAT team

• Seo_Kouji
    Seo_Kouji Member Posts: 3

I don't see why they can't limit survivor with friends to 2 friends max instead of 4. It would reduce the toxicity in the gameplay since the likelihood of facing 3-4 player swf team with flashlights which... is quite frankly the majority of the time as a low rank killer learning the role after being a survivor main for a long time.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Playing against solo players can be just as horrible for killers. Swf is often worse tho. What they should do is tell you who is a swf in every lobby.

• MyWorldHasCome
    MyWorldHasCome Member Posts: 146

Most of the times killers waste their time following a single survivor. With or without SWF, there are good and bad loopers, so if you see someone looping you so good that you cannot pick him up, just leave the persecution and go to the generators.

This is the way of playing correctly or, atleast, the most useful one without losing all the generators. Most of the people that complains (not all, im just arguing) does lose all their generators for a long single chase and when they pick that survivor up, 3-4 generators are done with only 1 hook.

Good killers know when they need to stop the chase in favour to rotate their generators.

Maybe the SWF gives a bit more of information, but this is how the game was designed. I like the way the game is (im main killer), as a killer you will get bullied sometimes and you'll bully sometimes.

The only way of surpassing this is by getting better, knowing your priorities and not getting mad for a single survivor.

TL;DR:

I agree with you.

• xFAKExAxoN
    xFAKExAxoN Member Posts: 73

Not what I meant. But if you didn't understand, you will eventually. There's a reason why matchmaking has gotten as long as it has. The playerbase has been dropping too fast for a while now, people are getting bored of the game, some are getting annoyed at the changes the devs make, and some are getting annoyed at how other people play and the toxicity in this game's playerbase, which are all the main reasons the playerbase is so divided. why do you think there are so many discussions of either killers or survivors attacking the opposite side? When I said the playerbase is already divided I meant it in the role they play as in killer mains, survivor mains, swf groups, anti swf groups, and all those in between. Adding a seperate mode in which you won't face swf groups just makes all those against swf groups play in that mode only, with the ocasional player that could care less, all it would do is extend the queue in all modes even further than they already are, which wont just make the playerbase drop even further (which will also make the queues even longer in effect) but it will also defeat the purpose of the devs adding swf in the first place. They already added swf, it's just something we all have to accept especially when being able to play multiplayer games with friends has always been one of the reasons people consider buying multiplayer only games.

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118

They could show it at end game at the very least and that would help a lot of people. Also with the new ranking system they are putting in will not work if SWF is still around cause it's based on hidden individual points score.

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2020

Implement voice chat for survivors and buff killers / rework useless perks. That's the only real solution.

• LittleSagey
    LittleSagey Member Posts: 78

I normally play with my friends and we barely even talk about the game while playing, most people just wanna play with friends to relax and socialize. Sure we will call out "hex over here" or something like that but we never sit around and t-bag, flashlight chain ect. When im killer sometimes i love the swf groups cause they can be overly altruistic and that works in your favor

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

SWF really aren't that hard to beat when you actually learn to play killer well. Don't fall into the whole "survivor bad killer good" mentality. It's dumb and just leads to more frustration. Just practice and try to be creative with your power and what you do at loops. Put yourself in their mind and try to envision what they see right now. Then play off of that. If you guessed wrong then you know not to do that next time. The t-bagging and taunting are just part of any game really. DBD players try to make it out to be some big scary monster but every game has it, especially pvp games. Don't let it get to you. In all honesty I get taunted more when I'm winning, so if it scares you that much then you're screwed. Remember that it's just a game and try to enjoy yourself.