I understand camping is a valid tactic; but Spirit is bringing out the hard camp in some of you

Options

Can we do a better job as Killers (especially with Double BP weekend) to give some Survivors a CHANCE to farm points? Patrolling between a hook and a gen next to the hook is not patrolling; you're camping and minimizing your point gain.

This degree of hard camping is being magnified by Spirit's ability to hunt down the survivor in pain; some killers leave no room for heals or the ability to run. This experience is not fair by any standard. Pallets have been nerfed; new talents have been created to put pressure on survivors; some Killers' desperation to pip is overshadowing the fact that points over time make it easier to pip over time.

I understand the animosity between Killer Side and Survivor side, but Killer point gain is easy compared to Survivors; they are at our mercy with lobbies, how well we hunt, and how well we disperse our presence so everyone gets points.

We need to be the better side for the longevity of this game and for a better player experience. I know that there are survivors that deserve to be camped, and by all means go for it, but if you are camping within the first 2 minutes of a game off someone who happens to be on the 2nd gen you patrol, you aren't doing anything beneficial to the play experience of yourself or others.

This is especially frustrating as a Killer main who has to watch some other Killers play like this when lobbies need Survivors to fill them. Seeing other Killers play bad hurts me, because I know you could do better if you tried not sitting on one gen and one hook all game.

Do better; treat Survivors better, because we are better.

Comments

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66
    Options

People are just new at the spirit and not confident at using her or her power. Because of this, they're camping and playing much more safely even if this isn't exactly optimal.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Also, survivors won't help you get points, destroy the survivors
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Isn’t every single thing killers get points from directly from or caused by a survivor?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    Very motivational but survivors most of the time don't treat me so well so I think I'll play the way I see fit also pallets were buffed in this last update so idk what you are talking about them being nerfed. And if you are talking about the vacuume that was never intended and was just recently fixed 

Toxicity breeds more of the same and pallets weren't buffed this last patch, in fact they were trying to change the phantom hit/miss issue. The vacuum issue needed to be fixed however but in doing so they still haven't fixed the hit/miss issue.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Isn’t every single thing killers get points from directly from or caused by a survivor?

Yes but in terms of the double bp, many survivors still gen rush avoid boldness points and leave. Kill survivors without letting them do gens, and go get your points.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options
    powerbats said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    Very motivational but survivors most of the time don't treat me so well so I think I'll play the way I see fit also pallets were buffed in this last update so idk what you are talking about them being nerfed. And if you are talking about the vacuume that was never intended and was just recently fixed 

Toxicity breeds more of the same and pallets weren't buffed this last patch, in fact they were trying to change the phantom hit/miss issue. The vacuum issue needed to be fixed however but in doing so they still haven't fixed the hit/miss issue.

How have they not fixed it? The pallets are dropped faster and that gives the killer less time to swing through it. If you get hit when you drop a pallet it's because the killer hit you right before you dropped it. On the bright side I hardly ever get stunned/stuns which idk if it's a bug or not
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

spirit couldn't hunt down a paper bag, she's doodoo

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Why should killer be nice to survivor?
    Are survivor trying to be nice to killers?
    From what I see in the post game chat and during the game I don't see it.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Peasant said:

@Sarief said:
    Can survivors not use every exploit they have? If so, maybe we can talk.
    Soft camp is an efficient killer strategy, so what else killer supposed too do? Give free unhook to survivors who genrush, pallet loop and tbag? Rly?

I'm just asking you lovely folks to mix it up a bit. Survivors won't be scared of you if they're too busy being upset that they're facing the tenth camper/tunneler of that day.

How are they supposed to be scared of spirit it they know exactly where she is? And she is ambush killer ;(
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

so i am not allowed to tryhard, just because its a 2x BP event?
    dude, if i want to climb ranks, i will do that, just as i will farm with them if i want to do that.
    dont come to me, telling me im an a-hole, just because i play normal during an event!

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Survivor need the "chance to farm points"... really?
    How about the killer gets the "chance to farm some points"?
    Do you know who hinders the killer doing that? Survivor.
    Removing 1 or 2 survivor as soon as possible is beneficial for the remaining match to gain more points for the killer.
    If 4 survivor stay alive for to long, the point gain for killer will get less.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

That still doesn't mean they helped you get points. I can't tell you how many times I've chosen to let 1 or 2 survivors go simply because the game ended quickly due to DCing or survivor stupidity. Yet I could count the amount of times on one hand that a survivor had that same mercy for me and let me get a kill in a match where I got destroyed.

Play as you want be it merciful or brutal that is your own choice.

• powerbats
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

That still doesn't mean they helped you get points. I can't tell you how many times I've chosen to let 1 or 2 survivors go simply because the game ended quickly due to DCing or survivor stupidity. Yet I could count the amount of times on one hand that a survivor had that same mercy for me and let me get a kill in a match where I got destroyed.

I've let myself get sac'd if I've done well and the killer got destroyed because I know how that feels and I try and play honorably so to speak. Something that seems to be anathema to many on here and in game as well.

I almost always let the last person get the hatch as a killer if they didn't teabag non stop and they aren't just afking in the entire match. I can't count how many times I've been told great killer etc for actually trying to let everyone have a good game.

On games where I've 3 or 4k'd I usually get a gg or something along those lines because I go for the unhooker not the freshly unhooked person. They're wounded and will be easy prey later plus that means 2 not on gens.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

I've let myself get sac'd if I've done well and the killer got destroyed because I know how that feels and I try and play honorably so to speak. Something that seems to be anathema to many on here and in game as well.

I almost always let the last person get the hatch as a killer if they didn't teabag non stop and they aren't just afking in the entire match. I can't count how many times I've been told great killer etc for actually trying to let everyone have a good game.

On games where I've 3 or 4k'd I usually get a gg or something along those lines because I go for the unhooker not the freshly unhooked person. They're wounded and will be easy prey later plus that means 2 not on gens.

Exactly my point, far more often than not it's the Killer that shows empathy towards the other players, not the other way around.

My main point was not to blame killers for not letting survivors escape simply because it a BP event or to blame survivors for gen rushing if its a BP event. People will play as they want.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

All depends on killer, rank, map, survivor perks. 
  • powerbats
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

True to an extent, during the summer event I'd never ever camped but had a Sabo jake when I was on huntress who I don't play much doing daily. He kept trying to sabo my event hooks with me on other side of the wall on Macmillan Estates.

I kept chasing him and losing him among walls P3 and the area was perfect for him but I finally downed him and camped his arse. I let everyone else farm because event hooks are a no no and I didn't go after him doing my regular hooks.

This David kept trying to rescue him and eventually the jerk kept going back to my same event hook even after being rescued and me going after the David. So at that point I hard camped him and after he got unhooked again I went after both and the Jake rage quit when he got downed a 3rd time.

The other survivors didn't know the Jake was doing that till I told them and they agreed with what I'd been doing and thought it was pretty jerkish of him.

For me personally I'll never try and sabo an event hook and as killer if you're saboing non event hooks i'll generally let it go unless you do it right in front of me. Then of course honor and practicality demand I go after you and try and hook you.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

True to an extent, during the summer event I'd never ever camped but had a Sabo jake when I was on huntress who I don't play much doing daily. He kept trying to sabo my event hooks with me on other side of the wall on Macmillan Estates.

I kept chasing him and losing him among walls P3 and the area was perfect for him but I finally downed him and camped his arse. I let everyone else farm because event hooks are a no no and I didn't go after him doing my regular hooks.

This David kept trying to rescue him and eventually the jerk kept going back to my same event hook even after being rescued and me going after the David. So at that point I hard camped him and after he got unhooked again I went after both and the Jake rage quit when he got downed a 3rd time.

The other survivors didn't know the Jake was doing that till I told them and they agreed with what I'd been doing and thought it was pretty jerkish of him.

For me personally I'll never try and sabo an event hook and as killer if you're saboing non event hooks i'll generally let it go unless you do it right in front of me. Then of course honor and practicality demand I go after you and try and hook you.

Rip guy
  • Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2018
    Options

Had two killers yesterday that gave me a break n let me go as last survivor. I believe it was because of circumstances. One game surv left during loading and once game got going it was obvious another was trying to sandbag other surv n me. So killer farmed points from me as last alive n i did likewise for like 5 mins. I crouched at a hook after that to b fair since he had me dead to rights from start but he insisted i live. Kudos.

Second game. A Freddy let me finish a second gen after very short farm session with each other as the playstyle of the other 3 survs was obviously toxic and nowhere helpful. He then downed me for the point n carried me to the hatch. Kudos 2.

Long story short from here.. Play the game toxic n get screwed or play good n fair n those killer mains will reward u now and again when they know you got the raw deal. I do not ever expect this but was damn satisfied from the respect shown. I prolly play surv to killer 70/30ish

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Just play the way you want. You want to give survivors more chances and let them farm? Go ahead. You'll regret it soon enough. They'll still treat you like trash and insult you. 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Tanadris said:
    Can we do a better job as Killers (especially with Double BP weekend) to give some Survivors a CHANCE to farm points? Patrolling between a hook and a gen next to the hook is not patrolling; you're camping and minimizing your point gain.

This degree of hard camping is being magnified by Spirit's ability to hunt down the survivor in pain; some killers leave no room for heals or the ability to run. This experience is not fair by any standard. Pallets have been nerfed; new talents have been created to put pressure on survivors; some Killers' desperation to pip is overshadowing the fact that points over time make it easier to pip over time.

I understand the animosity between Killer Side and Survivor side, but Killer point gain is easy compared to Survivors; they are at our mercy with lobbies, how well we hunt, and how well we disperse our presence so everyone gets points.

We need to be the better side for the longevity of this game and for a better player experience. I know that there are survivors that deserve to be camped, and by all means go for it, but if you are camping within the first 2 minutes of a game off someone who happens to be on the 2nd gen you patrol, you aren't doing anything beneficial to the play experience of yourself or others.

This is especially frustrating as a Killer main who has to watch some other Killers play like this when lobbies need Survivors to fill them. Seeing other Killers play bad hurts me, because I know you could do better if you tried not sitting on one gen and one hook all game.

Thats the problem with spirit.
    She has a 20 sec cd on her power, YES TWENTY SECONDS (that is the equivalent of a whole gen if we talk about survivor time). Of course she cant simply phase away from the hook, not knowing whether she actually finds someone again.

Yes it isnt fair for the survivor, I know that because I play both sides.

But maybe you agree now that its good when we get more powerful killers such that killers actually want to use their power to chase people isntead of having to rely on camping

Btw, those killers who completely rely on camping especially on low ranks are usually the survivor mains that dont know hwo to play killer at all :wink:

• powerbats
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Btw, those killers who completely rely on camping especially on low ranks are usually the survivor mains that dont know hwo to play killer at all :wink:

That part is false since I know some killer mains that play only that and they camp at low ranks. They'll even brag about it afterwards and say take your loss.

As if camping takes any actual skill when you're just standing there as a Billy revving your chainsaw up next to hook with 4-5 gens still left.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    Options

I cut people slack if its clear I am a grade above them. You can tell when some people just don't have a chance and the gap in skill is significant... sides that every one eles its business as normal. Just tonight, a SWF group got all salty case I 3k and camped the last kill with the gates open. Am I sorry.. not really.

• Wolf74
    Options

@powerbats said:

As if camping takes any actual skill when you're just standing there as a Billy revving your chainsaw up next to hook with 4-5 gens still left.

Hypothesis:
    Camping is unskilled and lazy.

So...let's take a look at this...
    The killer found a survivor, he chased him, hit him twice and carried him to the hook.
    So he was better seeking than the survivor hiding. He beat the survivor in the chase, even twice, despite the survivor having a speedburst after a hit and the killer a cooldownanimation. So there was plenty of chance to run away and hide. Maybe the survivor really hided and was found again. After he downed him, he carried him to the hook, maybe the killer picked a perk in advance to ensure that, maybe he didn't have that perks, maybe he had to overcome other survivors who try to hinder him.
    So...the killer did 4 skillfull actions with according selection of perks in advance and has the victim on the hook.(And the survivor didn't do that, he could have picked DS for example to counter the much hated IG)
    Now he decides to guard that catch aka camp, because he thinks he "earned" that catch.
    Maybe he even use it as bait on purpose.
    He either "pays" for this ensured sacrifice with his most precious resource: time. Or he might have to fight of wannabe rescuers.

Still survivors call that "unskilled and lazy".
    Because they only take a snapshot of the situation and that is AFTER the killer did all the work (search, chase, carry). And obviously ignoring further work, like fighting of rescuers.
    (Not even considering nearby patrol and damaging gens or setting traps or signs of survivors nearby.)

They failed several chances to avoid getting caught. They failed hiding, juking, wiggling and no one rescued during the carry. No one interfered during the chase, by distracting the killer to give their teammate a chance to heal up- or maybe they did and he got caught anyway. And he still pays for camping by spending time. And remember, (almost) any "camper" can be beat.er. Anything is possible to rescue. But the team was unable to do it or not willing to take the effort and risk.

In my opinion it's a cheap way of trying to shame killer into a survivorfavorable behavior to imply to them that their tactic is "unskilled and lazy". This form of peer pressure through stigmatisation of a functional tactic doesn't need any ingame skill.

• powerbats
    Options

Wall of text but the point remains the same, you got the hook then do a no skill play. You can call it what you want but camping takes no skill in any shape form or fashion. It's like a survivor hiding in a locker all match and only moving to another locker to avoid the crows.

This has nothing to do with shaming since most killers manage to do just fine without camping at 4-5 gens left. If all gens are powered then camping is completely understandable, especially if you've got no one sac'd before that.

If you're going to defend a no skill tactic at the start then that means the killer has no skill plain and simple and if it's a Billy or Nurse they're going to get 1 or more kills usually due to high mobility.

• Wolf74
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Wall of text but the point remains the same, you got the hook then do a no skill play. You can call it what you want but camping takes no skill in any shape form or fashion. It's like a survivor hiding in a locker all match and only moving to another locker to avoid the crows.

This has nothing to do with shaming since most killers manage to do just fine without camping at 4-5 gens left. If all gens are powered then camping is completely understandable, especially if you've got no one sac'd before that.

If you're going to defend a no skill tactic at the start then that means the killer has no skill plain and simple and if it's a Billy or Nurse they're going to get 1 or more kills usually due to high mobility.

lol
    So you refused to read at all and just go back to your no argument "no skill" routine… nice.
    Pretty much sums it up… #alternatefacts

• TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Tanadris said:

You can't tell people how to play when they aren't breaking any rules. Very imperious.

• powerbats
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

lol
    So you refused to read at all and just go back to your no argument "no skill" routine… nice.
    Pretty much sums it up… #alternatefacts

Translation: I can't refute your argument so I'm going back to the tried and failed insults as usual.

I read it all but I wasn't going to quote the entire thing since it was a waste. This is no different than your other posts so I decided to skip it all and post something logical.

• vendalwind
    vendalwind Member Posts: 23
    Options

Its sad that you want me to intentionally make openings for you and play like an idiot because you survs are entitled. This is a copy paste message notifying you that if a killer KNOWS 1 or more other survs are within 20m of the hook they too are allowed to patrol said 20m instead of going wandering off so you guys can feel better about your fake altruistic selfves.

Also non copy paste message. Spirit like the wraith has the problem of because of her stealth and mobility being seen to camp when shes not. she relies on mind games, switching targets and seemingly random, and hauling across the map. This means she will appear to be camping sometimes when in actuality she was very far away in mid chase.

This is a classic 'I didn't see you coming so you must've been camping' event that occurs for the pig, myers, wraith, and now spirit.

Also can I just say that I get really tired of the people that claim theres no skill involved in camping? knowing when to guard the hookl instead of making the game easier for survs takes a large amount of skill and awareness. managing the hooked survivor while 2-3 are all twirling around you actually takes some serious effort. especially when you know they're running borrowed time. In fact I would say far more skill than is required in your typical chase for most killers.

• vendalwind
    vendalwind Member Posts: 23
    Options

(additionally if you unhooked a survivor without giving the spirit the time to find some1 else or the time to get at least two gens away... you can be dang sure shes gonna phase and come right back... quick grabbing someone off the hook doesnt help you. it just helps the killer get to stage two on a hook sooner)

• powerbats
    Options

There's a big difference between patrolling the hook and actually standing right next to it, one is common sense after a hook. The other is just plain no skill to sit there and camp especially on 1st hook with 4-5 gens left.

If you know people are close or you're patrolling after a hook or come back after a hook when you just left that's not camping. But I know a few nurses and Billy's that sit just out of terror radius with M&A and wait for an unhook then come in and down the unhooked person and rehook.

That takes no skill to be a camper, at least bubba has an excuse to camp but the rest Billy and Nurse especially is just sad. If the exit gates are powered and you hook someone, it's commonly understood that's not a jerk move.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Your problem is you are playing into this mentality that everybody has to play a certain way.

News flash, they don't.

If people don't like that, too bad.

Now before you get up at arms, I'm not a camper by default. I prefer to rotate pain and chases to keep people off generators. But the camp is part of the game.

You cannot enforce your rules on anybody, and it's stupid to try and enforce some sort of ridiculous social pressure on what is allowed when there are those of us who have the mentality that the win is everything. Every game your rank (even if YOU think it's worthless) is on the line.

I'm not here to play grab-ass with the enemy. If I feel it's time to focus somebody down, then I will do so without hesitation and pity the fool that throws salt my way.

Yes, I said Pity. I used to be just like them - shackled and always pissed off when playing video games because nobody lived by my code of honor.

Best thing you can do is let go of that garbage and let people play their way. It's incredibly freeing to just play your way and leave other people alone about it.

Especially when your path leads to victory and them to defeat.

You want to end toxicity? Stop expecting people to play your ways and always give a heartfelt GG at the end of the game.

This is the only one and true path. Any other is just a bunch of Scrubs trying to continue to get participation ribbons in a game that ultimately won't matter 5 years from now.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Exactly my point, far more often than not it's the Killer that shows empathy towards the other players, not the other way around.

My main point was not to blame killers for not letting survivors escape simply because it a BP event or to blame survivors for gen rushing if its a BP event. People will play as they want.

I used to play like this.

Every patch I played before this it felt possible and it felt like it wasn't discouraged.

After this patch, with Deliverance and Rancor, as well as BHVR's responses to what constitutes as "toxic behavior", there's no point to playing nice when BHVR obviously pushes you to play like an #########. Also ruining the most fun killer for me (Huntress) kind of leaves me in an unoptimistic mood about this game and makes me think the devs don't want us to have fun if we play nice.

As such, it's about time to play like a complete ######### to prove a point to the devs. If this is how they want us to play, watch as everyone says the game isn't fun due to the community. And people wonder why killers camp and tunnel, or why survivors t-bag and flick their flashlights.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Remember when leatherface was released?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I'm sorry, I didn't know survivors gave a crap about killers.

What do you know.

• xxDeAd_SiLeNcE
    xxDeAd_SiLeNcE Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hard Camping is very similar to face camping; instead of standing directly in front of the hook, you circle in close proximity around it which could of course have a gen right next to it. Nobody should do this. A soft camp is patrolling a fairly wide area around a hook. When survivors leave the last 3 gens close together, it can be literally impossible to avoid soft camping. Soft camping/patrolling is completely fine.

Most killers I know play very fairly, and it is usually survivors that need to think about how they play. Of course there will be the odd hard camper and tunnelling douchebag but it’s not overwhelming, especially at higher ranks. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Orrrrrrrr we could let players play how they want as long as they obey the game's rules.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@vendalwind said:
    Its sad that you want me to intentionally make openings for you and play like an idiot because you survs are entitled. This is a copy paste message notifying you that if a killer KNOWS 1 or more other survs are within 20m of the hook they too are allowed to patrol said 20m instead of going wandering off so you guys can feel better about your fake altruistic selfves.

Also non copy paste message. Spirit like the wraith has the problem of because of her stealth and mobility being seen to camp when shes not. she relies on mind games, switching targets and seemingly random, and hauling across the map. This means she will appear to be camping sometimes when in actuality she was very far away in mid chase.

This is a classic 'I didn't see you coming so you must've been camping' event that occurs for the pig, myers, wraith, and now spirit.

Also can I just say that I get really tired of the people that claim theres no skill involved in camping? knowing when to guard the hookl instead of making the game easier for survs takes a large amount of skill and awareness. managing the hooked survivor while 2-3 are all twirling around you actually takes some serious effort. especially when you know they're running borrowed time. In fact I would say far more skill than is required in your typical chase for most killers.

Quoted For Truth. Stealthy Killers get accused of camping no matter what. Just because YOU don't know where I am doesn't mean i'm camping.