System to Avoid Specific Killers?

Options

We're getting to that point where we have a variety of killers to choose from ranging from terrible to over powered in terms of balancing and different abilities to use but should we start suggesting a system for survivors to prevent being matched with 1 to 2 or even 3 killers on a list such as a "ban list" of a sort.

Other games have such systems like if a player would not want to play on a certain map (Rocket League, as an example, you can choose up to 3 maps to avoid playing on.) or if the player wanted to avoid going against a certain character (Rainbow Six Siege "ban system" before a game you can pick what operators you don't want in the match to be played, up to 2 characters.). Implementing such a choice would affect gameplay and matchmaking whether it be choosing from the options on what killer you don't want to play against or some type of banning system in a random game or SWF game. This system could allow a player to choose up to 2 killers they want to avoid being matched with and to ensure that this does not completely affect matchmaking the player CAN still be matched with the killer but it's less likely that they will.

This would need some polishing if done but after a couple games I believe it would be a great idea. I am by no means a bad player but I also do not put enough time into the game to be considered the best, but with how matchmaking is unbalanced via being rank 5 and being put with rank 16+ teammates or rank 1, 2 or 3 teammates and then being put AGAINST low or high rank killers I realized that certain ranks the opposing player choose specific killers who are considered unbalanced and personally I do not enjoy constantly being put against same killers almost every match when I have high rank teammates.

This does not affect perks, obviously, the killer can use the teachable perks from other characters so it would not be unfair and it should not, like I said before, completely affect their matchmaking or time to find. It would be just a small implementation to lower chances of being put against specific killers.

Please leave feedback if this is a great or terrible idea and give a genuine comment rather than the "You're bad get good" excuse.

I have not heard of any other discussion with similar ideas or if this is planned so I just thought I'd put it forward either way.

Comments