My Idea of how to make the Pig stronger

CrusaderNella
CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
  1. The Crouch and dash should be left alone as much as possible. Minimal changes to this should be made. One change i would like to see is that the sound queue of the Pig going INTO stealth be removed. That being the slight "Shing" sound effect.
  2. Bear traps. I would say, give them the Huntress treatment. Allow the pig to be able to carry 4 traps at once just like she does now but she can reload one trap at the Jigsaw boxes. She won't be allowed to reload at the same Jigsaw box again until she placed a trap on a survivor. And the last box she reloaded at will contain the key for the current beartrap she would place and so on for the other beartraps.

Also, i think searching the wrong box should be more punishing. If they search the wrong box, they should take one instance of damage or, if injured, get the deep wound effect applied.

These are my ideas, what do you think of them.

Post edited by CrusaderNella on

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Yeah, interesting.

Thing is though that the RBT is such a (potentially) huge time stall and they're easy to apply. They also have a Kill effect, which isn't a thing for literally any other power. The guessing game of the traps is also a huge part of it and having survivors KNOW which box to search would be a massive waste of time for the Pig player. She's already super weak against comms and this would only strengthen that weakness.

At least you didn't immediately jump on RS2 base or "rng" buffs.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209

Could help but I'm honestly not sure if the reloading at a box would even buy you enough time.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ruleset No. 2, the pink add-in that makes boxes invisible until they're active.

Literally forces survivors towards generators to see the box.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

Nah. I don't believe in making Perks or add-on(s) base kit.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Hmph. Well we see their idea of what minimal changes looks like so id be real careful when saying that

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Pig is in a great place already. Two guaranteed kills per game...let’s not edit her.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177

Idk. I can understand that mindset in some circumstances, but not as an across-the-board position. Like with Demo, I certainly see the argument to integrate one of it's brown addons into it's kit. That seems reasonable. But demos addons are a mess in general, and could probably use work too, so idk.

I don't think that Pig is that bad in that regard, but I still wouldn't say no to seeing a non-ultra addon integrated to improve her core kit.

I just can't think of how to improve her without minor integration, or serious changes (which don't seem all that reasonable). And that's mainly because all the changes I can think of would accomplish the same things as some of her addons lol.

I don't think your suggestions are bad per se... like the stealth noise one is actually pretty good. But the other regarding the RBT might have some unforeseen consequences...

• WisteriaButterfly
    WisteriaButterfly Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2020

Personally I agree with the idea that she can "reload" her traps but if that's the case I would make it so the min/max boxes a survivor would have to go through should be only 2 if that's the case and the 1st could be a 50/50 while the 2nd could just be a guarantee if the first was a no. There are times I've had to go through 4 boxes just to get the helmet off and if that was still the case and she was able to put another helmet on it would be very time consuming and a little over powered in my opinion.

Other than that I also agree with the stealth noise idea.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited July 2020

I think if anything about the ambush should be changed, it's the lion noise. Me thinks it should be delayed until she's about to let loose with the ambush attack. As-is, it telegraphs the attack too much IMO.

Also, while I think reloading Reverse Bear Traps is an okay idea done correctly, I think being able to set the correct box for Traps is way too abusable. I think the safest way to have her reload RBTs is to simply let her get one back after a LONG period of time has passed. Maybe even make it so you can't start to recover RBTs unless you don't have any left Something to prevent a scenario where she effectively has unlimited RBTs.

Punishing someone for searching the wrong box is hella punishing. Even Deep Wound can be ridiculous, since you can end up wasting a considerable amount of time mending before you can power through a box. I don't think punishing a Survivor for searching wrong boxes would be reasonable at anything less than an Ultra Rare add-on, and even then it'd probably have to be toned down to make it something like Trapper's Bloody Coil add-on where it only makes Healthy people Injured (maybe even lesser than that, since at least with Trapper's Bear Traps, you technically don't ever have to disarm one if you don't want to).

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

if you're against potatos who don't know how the reverse bear trap works then, yeah sure.