Wraith is worse now.

The built in WS is pointless, and his new speed uncloaking is basicly standing still. Good job with some add-ons but you actually made his base kit substantially worse.

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Uncloaking was already to slow before the patch… only got worse.

• Morter
    Morter Member Posts: 18

I'm assuming everyone is trolling, wraith is good as it is, you don't like it? Theres a fairly big roster of killers to choose from.

• Wolf74

@Morter said:
    I'm assuming everyone is trolling, wraith is good as it is, you don't like it? Theres a fairly big roster of killers to choose from.

Yea, lets make the 2nd worst killer worse and tell them to use the other killer.
    We all should just use Nurse and Billy... oh wait, every survivor is complaining about them, since they only see those two… guess why?

• Morter
    Morter Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2018

@Wolf74 said:

@Morter said:

Yea, lets make the 2nd worst killer worse and tell them to use the other killer.
    We all should just use Nurse and Billy... oh wait, every survivor is complaining about them, since they only see those two… guess why?

Oh would you look at that, you are bending words, as usual, to your favour.

Wraith is doing good as it is == "lets make the 2nd worst killer worse" ???
    i do really good with wraith on rank 7 and lower so yeh, i don't see how hes worse now.

Theres a fairly big roster of killers to choose from. == "We all should just use Nurse and Billy"???
    I main leatherface and boy oh boy people cry when i 4man them

Please, just don't go all apeshit and start with those kind of arguments

• Wolf74

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    The Wraith is strong. HE's better than ever. He's great actually.

Built in windstorm of 1 second (green) with no drawbacks is fantastic. His new add ons enhance his power. He's top tier.

Actually… when I read all your comments, I doubt you ever play killer.
    I think your a survivor main doing false praise on killer powers.
    The pattern is so obvious.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,875

If you aren't performing well as wraith then you need to get better. Bottom line. Sometimes I feel a little guilty playing as wraith now, he is so good.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Built in windstorm of 1 second (green) with no drawbacks is fantastic. His new add ons enhance his power. He's top tier.

drawback is you even go slower when you uncloak which gives survivors more ground and you barely catch up with the best swift hunt add on if they see you. not even including sprint burst but i guess you cant count that as a drawback since its more situational

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I don't know what you guys are doing, but the Wraith is much improved.

He's like hag good now. In a whole different way of course.

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66

How exactly is wraith worse? The speed curve got barely changed.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Wraith is better then before but this uncloac speed is to long imo.Also will be nice if he can grab from gen in cloac and then uncloac.Just one good buff and will be great.
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Fropps said:

How exactly is wraith worse? The speed curve got barely changed.

Mayby yes i rly dont know. Becose i dont play him.I think if you dont got wall who cover you when you uncloac on somone working on gen you dont have element of suprise.Every one see you uncloac.And can easy just run from you even this speed buff dont help you.Especialy when somone gor SB this perk just destroy many abilitys on killer side.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Dwight_Confusion said:

he most definitely is not top tier

• SneakyAlbaHD
    SneakyAlbaHD Member Posts: 12

The only change I would make to Wraith at the moment is change his uncloak speed to what is was BEFORE the rest of the buffs. I've messed around with him a wee bit post-patch and that's all that's letting him down, really.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@SneakyAlbaHD said:
    The only change I would make to Wraith at the moment is change his uncloak speed to what is was BEFORE the rest of the buffs. I've messed around with him a wee bit post-patch and that's all that's letting him down, really.

Then you'd have to take away his built in Windstorm.

• SneakyAlbaHD
    SneakyAlbaHD Member Posts: 12

@powerbats said:
    Then you'd have to take away his built in Windstorm.

That's not entirely true. I feel he should be slowed for the duration of his uncloak, but he needs something that will let him properly use it in a chase. Whether that be a more gentle speed curve or a faster decloak.

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143

Wraith is DEFINITELY not worse.

His speed boost out of cloak is pretty powerful now. If you can catch them not responding to decloaking in time by just a couple of seconds it can guarantee you a hit. His addons are far better, especially coxcombed clapper where you can decloak round the corner and shoot round with the speed boost and hit them off a gen or even possibly grabbing them. I usually approach survivors so they have objects/walls behind them and try to body block while decloaking and guaranteeing me a hit every time.

He has definitely gone up to mid tier now. Iv'e been playing Myers but as of late I'm finding him having trouble with the current meta at R1 and I've tried out wraith for the last couple of days and he has a far better time than Myers does in terms of sacrifices. Imo he's currently better than Myers, Huntress and Freddy at high level.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@ToastfaceKilla said:
    The built in WS is pointless, and his new speed uncloaking is basicly standing still. Good job with some add-ons but you actually made his base kit substantially worse.

Ever tried to play spirit with her base kit? It makes you wanna DC, wraith is nothing compared to that :lol:

• powerbats

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:

Ever tried to play spirit with her base kit? It makes you wanna DC, wraith is nothing compared to that :lol:

I'm having a blast on her and at rank 1 killers are getting 3-4k pretty much constantly.

• powerbats

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:

I'm having a blast on her and at rank 1 killers are getting 3-4k pretty much constantly.

You must be a godlike killer.
    No matter the topic, you tell everyone that YOU are doing great as killer.
    No matter what killer or what nerf we are talking about, you outplay any adversity.
    Maybe you should give us the link to your twitch channel.
    I really want to learn to be a better killer and ignore all the survivorsided mechanics just like you do.

I've never once said I'm a rank 1 killer, that's you trying the typical Straw Man and failing badly. I've never once said i'm godlike with her nor a rank 1 killer. I'm honest and say i'm having a blast on them, and Wraith before rework i hated.

I've stated my distaste for Nurse since I'm not good with her and she doesn't fit my playstyle. I've also stated I prefer to play my main Trapper and I also play Pig and Myers. I'd love to become better with nurse but I just don't have the patience to play her right now when I'm still trying to amster my other killers.

When I say killers are cleaning house that statement is pretty obvious in itself that I'm referring to killers owning survivors not me personally. So far you're the only one that seems to get that conclusion in every thread to every poster.

It's almost as if you deliberately go into threads to start flame wars and troll judging by all your previous comments in every thread anytime someone proposes something.

• Wolf74

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

No matter what killer or what nerf we are talking about, you outplay any adversity.
    I really want to learn to be a better killer and ignore all the survivorsided mechanics just like you do.

I've never once said I'm a rank 1 killer, that's you trying the typical Straw Man and failing badly. I've never once said i'm godlike with her nor a rank 1 killer. I'm honest and say i'm having a blast on them, and Wraith before rework i hated.

Feel free to think I failed. I see it otherwise.
    In literally every thread any killer player is complaining about bad mechanics, you show up and tell everyone how great you do despite the issue.
    So you try to belittle everyone that is complaining, because YOU can overcome it and anybody else should be able to as well.
    Sorry, but if anyone it using cheap polemics here… it is you, buddy.
    But nice try. <3

• powerbats

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Feel free to think I failed. I see it otherwise.
    In literally every thread any killer player is complaining about bad mechanics, you show up and tell everyone how great you do despite the issue.
    So you try to belittle everyone that is complaining, because YOU can overcome it and anybody else should be able to as well.
    Sorry, but if anyone it using cheap polemics here… it is you, buddy.
    But nice try. <3

translation you can't refute my argument so you go back to the tried and failed insult routine. You know for a fact I've never once stated I'm a rank 1 killer so now you're trying a new failed argument.

You do this in every thread where someone calls you out you turn around and insult and try and deflect away. Well now everyone can plainly see you're not worth debating since you'll always do the exact same thing, no Mither qol changes troll, changing some buffs, troll.

In fact if anyone doesn't propose a 4k buff to killers it's troll. Perhaps I do well on some killers because I don't go into a match thinking they're trash and i'm going to lose.That's why some killers cna hit rank 1 on Freddy and 4k constantly while others can't do anything with him.

• Wolf74

Try a look at the mirror.
    There is a reason I "do the same thing over and over", because some stubborn player that do not care about balance or just do not understand balance will come up with similar crappy ideas of changes and there is a NEED for people arguing against it.
    Otherwise those people would just enjoy their echochamber of bad ideas.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:

Can you please teach us poor guys how to play her?
    can you do some tutorial videos or stream how to not get rekt as spirit?

Thanks - a fellow spirit noob :wink:

• powerbats

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:

Can you please teach us poor guys how to play her?
    can you do some tutorial videos or stream how to not get rekt as spirit?

Thanks - a fellow spirit noob :wink:

So nowhere does it say that I'm an expert or rank 1 so yet another failed troll attempt, so instead of trying to troll. Why don't you learn to actually play her to her fullest like all the rank 1 killers have no problem doing right now.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

wraith is top tier now with addons.

base kit is almost bottom tier though.

Kinda crazy they buffed the ######### out of him via addons but didn't do anything really on his base kit. 1 second windstorm doesn't do ######### when his decloak MS was nerfed. Better then nothing i guess, at least we can bodyblock / pallet block with the speed addons.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2018

Lmao, y'all arguing over the nerf/buff whatever. My dumb ass thought the wraith was glitched after the update, so I was tilted af xD

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

@Zavri said:

Kinda crazy they buffed the ######### out of him via addons but didn't do anything really on his base kit. 1 second windstorm doesn't do ######### when his decloak MS was nerfed. Better then nothing i guess, at least we can bodyblock / pallet block with the speed addons.

By that logic the spirit is OP as #########. His add-on are better yes but hardly puts him with Nurse or Billy and not all of us have iridescent add-ons laying around. When reworking a Killer the base power should always be the focus, not things we might have.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited September 2018

As someone who plays a lot of Wraith, I love the changes. The speed burst after uncloaking is great and the slow-down wasn't changed much. I love all the add-ons as well. I love running Cox-comb clapper and Ghost for the memes. I wouldn't say he's top-tier, but he's definitely better than he was.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

@Navydivea said:

@Zavri said:

By that logic the spirit is OP as [BAD WORD]. His add-on are better yes but hardly puts him with Nurse or Billy and not all of us have iridescent add-ons laying around. When reworking a Killer the base power should always be the focus, not things we might have.

The best addons aren't even red. They are purple/green + one combo that involves a common ( brown ).

If you focus points into him it's easy to get.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Wraith is still pretty trash. He gets good with proper addons but we don't need more killers being so addon dependent.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

He is good.

• As a Wraith Main at Rank 1, I agree please buff Wraith more so these people can play him better, It will just make me better and having an easier time on Rank 1, won't hurt me, but the survivors.