Legendary Skins

I know it’s a controversial topic but that’s not what this is about. So pricing / mix matching locks aside, here’s my question.

I’m waiting for them to add Robin as a legendary skin for Nancy. (I know it’s not a for sure thing but I’m hopeful) Do you think they’d release something like that randomly or wait for the next season of Stranger Things?

Comments

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

Only if the skins are worth the money people pay for. 15$ for a normal skin is dumb.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763
  • HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

Did you not read the first part of my post? I said PRICING and mix match locking aside. That is a whole other debate, so don’t start that here please. It’s a simple question.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

It's not opinion that they're objectively too expensive for what you get.

With stranger things it depends on how good they are at negotiation. Original characters are probably more likely to get legendary skins. I'm looking forward to the stretchyarm Freddy one.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

At op cause I forgot to say it,

I think they'd release it randomly to keep up hype for stranger things. It'd attract desperate fans to the game who want some ST content especially with the delay in filming thanks to 'rona.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

If Stranger Things was still coming out this year (it got delayed due to corona), then they'd probably have waited for the premiere with follow up skins from the new season. I suspect if they get permission though, they might release them before hand. I don't think we'll be seeing a new ST 'till early to mid 2021.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,067
    edited July 2020

As others have said, the most likely scenario would be if new Episodes get released that they would release Legendary Skins as well.

Personally, I dont need any more Legendary Skins, due to the fact how poorly they executed the Lisa Garland-Skin by basically slapping an extra 5 Euros on it without anything in return.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

Do you think they’d all be that expensive in the future? I’m hoping not.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

since legendary skins weren’t a thing when the ST chapter released, they probably need to make new negotiations about other characters. But it may very well be easier with ST than eg for NoES or Leatherface because they probably thought and talked about future cosmetic content when talking about the actual chapter.

for the first licenses, cosmetics and the ingame shop weren’t a thing, so negotiations had to be done completely new I assume.

• Aven_Fallen

There is a Leak about an Oni-Skin which will be Legendary. And well, this Skin also seems to cost 1485 Auric Cells. But psst, I only tell you, nobody else will know. And it can also not be true at all, since there is no official announcement.

And well, I think 5 Euros extra for a Skin where only the Lobby Animation is different is too much. Another Voice Actor and a change of the name in the Lobby would have been good.

So yeah, I guess 15 Euros is the price for Legendary Skins even in the future.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Yeah, but pricing should really not be the topic here, it was discussed already elsewhere and OP wanted to start another discussion.

also the devs said they actually would like to make different voice acting for legendary skins and would add it as soon as they are able to! They didn’t state what was restricting them though.. I guess technical reasons?

• Aven_Fallen

I mean, Legion also has two Voice Actors. It could be technical reasons, thats for sure, but I dont know why it is possible to have different voices for Legion then.

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

A legendary deathslinger skin that turns him into mortal kombat scorpion is the dream. His power is already there, change the gunshot sound effect to the "get over here" line. Obviously not going to happen, but it's 2020 and a man can dream

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Legendary Skins need to change the Name, Voice, Survivor Thumbnail to be somewhat worth it. Different animations for running/walking/crouching would be a bonus.

Using Lisa Garland as an example it’s literally just a skin & new lobby animation. Hopefully they’ll update her Legendary Skin soon.