The shape is the WORST!!

Options

I just bought the Halloween dlc because all the videos I have watched of people playing as Michael Myers make him look super OP. But I guess you have to get him super leveled up because using just his 3 perks he is BY FAR THE WORST KILLER IN THE GAME!!! I guess his power is all in the add ons. Now I know how the stalking and stuff works but it's almost useless once the survivors know it's Mike!!! I'm usually around rank 8-10 in killer and can get a 4K with any other killer so it's not like I'm total trash. . It's all on mike!!! I played 3 games with his 3 perks and got 1 very undeserved kill!! Almost calls for a refund!!!

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

You played 3 games. He’s a slow burn killer who gets more powerful as the game progresses. I don’t do great with him but I want to get better as I’m a fan of Halloween.

I’d say I do better with him than nurse or billy and oni, but that’s because I can’t flick well.

also it’s hilarious when a health survivor tries to body block an injured survivor or hook while t3 is up. Auto double down :)

• Frareid88
    Frareid88 Member Posts: 276
    Options

Myers is OP as hell. Scratched mirror builds are a thing of beauty. Watching all survivors run towards you while looking backwards then slashing th is the best feeling ever

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

how old are you

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

happens a lot actually... the killer own perks are pretty mediocre on them... including michael.

plague being a notable exception to that

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Options

Clearly he hasn't run infinite T3 Myers yet. Just wait lol. Myers was the first killer I went pro with. I ran 4k for 40 plus games with him. You just need to understand he isn't a chase in the open killer. He's a build your endgame killer.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

His perks aren't that great for him. Once you get a good build you like you'll get the hang of him really fast and he's more fun than most killers imo. There's not much to him but there's something about having an 8m terror radius with monitor and abuse and still being 115% ms that's really fun and honestly kind of relaxing since you get so many free hits on survivors who don't pay attention.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Yea this and also his perks on him do have a conflict, but sometimes the obsession is impossible to find or some ######### so his perk kit is built with fail safes to keep the slow burn going.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

I agree that his unique perks are better suited on other killers but he is far from the worst killer. I use Monitor & Abuse, BBQ, Nurses and PGTW on him and he’s a beast. One of my favourite killers to play as.

• DustoTheOne
    DustoTheOne Member Posts: 43
    Options

So I ended up getting a 4k after about 3 more games . You just have to play the slow game and drag it out. They had one gen left to complete and 2 diff. gens that were about 75% but I got em!! He's still the weakest in my opinion but not complete garbage. I just had to figure out HOW to use his weird perks . I just know when I play survivor and Mike is the killer it's like I can't outrun him no matter what!!

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    Options

So you played 3 games in which you learned everything there is to learn about his power and are able to properly judge the killer? Seems legit

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Ive done the adept for all the killers. Deathslinger is the worst. Its not even close.

Mike just takes some getting used to. He has really good perks 🤷‍♂️

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Youre starting to lesrn something most survivors dont know.

Playing killer isnt as easy as it looks

• DustoTheOne
    Options

See I disagree Deathslinger is one of my favs to play with and I try to get the adept achievement first before I run any other perks on a killer. My top 3 with their own unique perks is The Pig, Ghost face and Deathslinger!!

• DustoTheOne
    Options

I normally can get a 4k within 3 games. Anybody should be able to do that with a decent killer!

• DustoTheOne
    Options

Honestly when I started playing I played only killer but its almost too easy so I switched to survivor for a challenge but since silent hill dlc came out I been switching back and forth but once you get to purple ranks it's like everybody is a troll and wants to run around teabagging with a flashlight and it just takes the fun out of the game

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Yeah keep going, they get harder. Those trolls do it for a reason, you get pissed off you start tunneling them, abd because youre tunneling and no longer in yellows the other survivors actually do gens. Plus when youre pissed you make more mistakes. They ARE outplaying you, especially if they got you to quit because of it. Stop getting mad, use that guy to get rid of a few pallets then break chase and go after someone else

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Different skill sets. Im not great at fps games. That, plus him being 110 plus his perks being awful made it a very unenjoyable experience

• DustoTheOne
    Options

Right! Yeah I don't rage quit lol I like to bring a green Mori for those guys lol if the other 3 get away I'll be ok as long as I kill the douche!!

• DustoTheOne
    Options

Yeah I get that! I just love that feeling of pulling someone back from the exit when they think they made it out 😂😂😂

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

Meyers is one of the more balanced killers. He can be quite strong with various builds, but he has a tricky learning curve. You don't just start playing killer and own the field with him. You have to learn how and when to apply his strengths. Once you do, you have a killer who can compete at all levels of the game.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Actually, Myers is probably one of the most balanced killers in the game in terms of difficulty Vs potential. He's far from the weakest, but he is the epitome of m1 killers. If you aren't good at the m1, you're screwed. If you are good at the m1, well, you're still in the survivors home turf and they have no qualms about using every advantage they get.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

3 games and complaining...yeah that's about right.

Myers is one of the very small amount of killers that has a huge variety to his gameplay. He can play hyper aggressively, ultra-defensive, jump-scary, stealthily and very passive/casual.

His power is crazily enhanced by add-ons, but by no means does he rely on them. It's a benefit to be able to get to Tier3 faster, stay in Tier3 longer etc, but his base gameplay is intimidating and very paranoia inducing in the survivors mind.

I'd say just wait until you actually start playing him the way you enjoy and then say what you want about him. But don't say anything after 3 matches...c'mon.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

He's certainly top tier for me as a player. I like how he builds up over time.

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    Options

He's one of the most fun killers to play as or against and his power and add ons provide varying playstyles. You'll just have to figure out how you want to play him.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options
  • Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Dude...youve only played 3 games with a killer, yes, yes you need to play with him A LOTmore toget better. And his perks are actually really good, youd know that if you used them more

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Don't say it almost calls for a refund just because you aren't using the killer correctly. I'm not even trying to say that as an insult to you. It's just simply the fact that he can be pretty deadly, and his stalk isn't useless once they know it's Myers. He can still stalk perfectly fine, even if he has to get right up behind somebody. That isn't even considering Michael potentially having something like his iridescent fragrant tuft of hair add on, or the purple mirror add on.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

STBFL and PWYF are two of the most used perks in the game. I don't know what world you're living in where those are bad. His best builds don't really use his base perks though. You just need to unlock the good ones. Infectious and bamboozle are both very good on Myers and help you snowball like a madman.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

He is just one of the worst for farming BP. You want to end chases quickly with im on Tier 3, so you get only half the hits in as some other killers. Peek-a-Poo-Myers on Lery's is the only fun part about him.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Myers is my second main and he's probably one of the most fun killers to both play and vs. As a red rank killer I can safely say that in order to play Michael, you need slowdown perks. My build personally is corrupt, pop, bbq and monitor. If you want you can replace corrupt with infectious just to spice things up. Because Michael takes time to become powerful, just like oni, he's extremely weak early game. But I wouldn't call him the worst by a long shot.

I suggest stalking speed add-ons btw, they're extremely fun.

• Frareid88
    Frareid88 Member Posts: 276
    Options

Ahhhh I see. Yeah I'm a myers killer. I like the hag too just becausee she really gets under peoples skin. But I'm a survivor mai

• DustoTheOne
    Options

When I play survivor against mike as soon as I know it's him I play totally different and keep an eye on him and never let him get close. Once I know it's Mike his stalk is useless on me but I'm a survivor main and yeah he's scary as sh!t to play against but easy to avoid.

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347
    edited July 2020
    Options

What?

Just use Infectious Fright with Monitor and Abuse, get to T3 and see how he goes.

There's also an addon that can help I think, at least for T2.

/e: to further: Myers has so many playstyles that he is most likely the best designed killer ever, in my opinion.

• DustoTheOne
    Options

I always run a new killer with their own perks first to see what they are SUPPOSED to be played like but I get it I just hate trying to keep track of different perks with stacks especially since the games I been playing has been against purple ranks who know how to play against mike but I already got the hang of him but he's deff at the bottom of my list of killers!

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

What I'll say, because I'm not saying you're wrong exactly, is that he can exert a lot of pressure and force stalk out that way. Any time survivors are locked into an animation, you can stalk. Hopping windows, throwing pallets, etc. On top of that, the survivors only have so many resources to use before they run out, so once you get rolling, I find it's really hard to actually get away from Michael. At least if he has his T3 ability ready, and there's almost always one person who isn't paying attention and feeds Michael a bunch of free stalk.

I encourage you to play him more, he actually isn't that bad.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Michael is far from being the worst.

He is probably the most balanced killer in the game. If you want to play someone who doesn’t have to work for their power pick Oni or Freddy or even Spirit.

Sounds to me like you just don’t know how to use him or his power.

• DustoTheOne
    Options

Freddy was the worst killer I had until I got mike!! I get that he can't just be a super killer but balanced? Hell no!! He's weak compared to every other killer I play with. I don't have ALL of the killers yet but thru trial and error you learn how to use each perk and Mikey's perks are dog $#!+!!!!! But when you have better perks and RED ADD ONS he's way OP . I got his powers down now and my mind hasn't changed that he's BY FAR the weakest killer in the game!

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited July 2020
    Options

@DustoTheOne

I have 4,000 hours with him and I can tell you he isn't weak. Is he challenging to play as? yes he is. Hence why his difficulty level is hard. Do you know how meta STBFL is? It's practically good on MANY killers.

So far what I get from you is that you like easy kills. So I would say stick with the "difficulty level: easy" ones.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Yeah, his perks are better when used with other characters, and I'm not sure they work well together.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

past Myers main here

Myers is not a killer whose power is for in the moment situations. He's a build up killer, and is going to probably lose a gen or two at the start.

but once you get the snowball rolling, it rolls FAST. the ability to one hit down multiple people at a time makes him really good in some situations and heavily punishes overly altruistic survivors.

his perks are overall meh, following the pattern of one good (STBFL), one meh (PWYF), and one bad (Dying Light) that's present in most killers and their teachables (the only exception I can think of would be Spirit) so playing with just those won't go well, you need better perks.

plus, you only played 3 games with him. he takes time to learn, he isn't going to work wonders immediately, you need to learn strategies and builds

basically: practice and get better perks on him and you should start doing well