Suggestions for a terror radius build?

Fran1994
Fran1994 Member Posts: 64

Hi guys. I was wondering... More often than not survivors tend to ignore terror radius when it's still faint and the killer is far away. I do the same when i'm survivor, and i learned to evaluate how close the killer is by the heartbeat. Now, i would like to mess with them, taking away their ability to discern how close i am and add some debuff in the way.

There's Distressing, which increase the terror radius by a whoppy 22-24-26%, which is something between 7.8 to 8.4 meters, and it pairs well with unnerving presence (harder skill checks) giving me both a good chance at locating survivors and slowing their gen progress, plus the bonus of giving them the idea i'm closer than they think, for them to run away earlier and a chance to seeying them. But i need 2 more perks and i don't know which to choose.

On the other hand i'd also like a min radius build, to ambush them fast. What do you think? Can you help me?

I'd love if you suggest me a max and a min terror radius build and tell me why you decided to go for those perks instead of others.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

If you bring Dark Devotion on doctor it can be fun. If you use static blast while Dark Devotion is active the static blast will come out from the obsession.

The game is still show the blast from your character but it won't actually do anything.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Monitor and abuse would be a great addition. It would make your TR fluctuate and confuse survivors. The build would work best on doctor... For obvious reasons.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

For min terror radius just play Myers with monitor and abuse and dead rabbit for an insanely small tier 2 TR.

You could also play Ghostface and use a whole zero perks on changing your TR since he's the best stealth killer in the game.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Trail of Torment, if used right.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The ones who have addons that can reduce the radius further to combine with monitor are myers, doc & slinger, so they're a good start. Combine that with things that remove your terror radius completely and that should mess them up good - dark devotion is hilarious on doc & nasty on myers

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2020

If you like applying debuffs there are Overwhelming Presence and Coulrophobia which you could enjoy. The latter can be very good in an anti-healing build (Coulrophobia + Distressing, Sloppy Butcher and Thanatophobia for example).

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

M n A on Myers, 8 meters. Trail of torment on GhostFace with both cooldown add-ons. You essentially are undetectable for 50% of the match. Monitor on Billy is low-key really good and messes with survivors so I'd use it while you still can if you ever wanted to try it out.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

A proper minimal TR build will vary depending on which killer you’re playing. The only fathomable “One size fits all” method would be: M&A/Furtive Chase, other perks up to you.

With the various killer powers and various killer add-ons, it’d take me all day to give an example for each one. Do you have a (1-3) killer in mind so I can be specific?

• Fran1994
    Fran1994 Member Posts: 64

First of all, thank you guys for the suggestion. I should really buy doctor, should I?

To give some context: i play on mobile so we only have 16 killers. We miss piramid head, deathslinger, freddy (but all of his perks are available as common perks) and oni.

So my build must be suitable without their perks.

Also, i only own nurse, billy, trapper and wraith to this day. Gonna buy leatherface very soon.

I'm thinking about also buying the doctor, since you speak wonders of him, but on mobile is harder to locate survivors (i played a whole game as nea running around Billy without ever being seen and i'm not a pro survivor) so i'm figuring out how to uhleash shock terapy effectively.

My idea is to build the nurse as a min TR killer. Playing nurse on mobile is a real hell, but i managed to get good enough. If i can reduce my TR so much that i can blink right on surv without them realizing how close i am, i'm super happy. Also, the add on that gives me 115% speed after a perfect blink hit should do for a fun game, since they don't expect nurse to be able to pull a decent chase without blinking

For a max TR killer, i would go for the doctor once i can buy him, or also the huntress... Only down of her is her lullaby which gives her position away

• Aneurysm

Doc is by far the best at finding survivors, if you think there are survivors in the area but don't know where you can blast, or you can use whispers to make sure you never waste it.

• ChozoChorizo
    ChozoChorizo Member Posts: 18

Wraith has some pretty fun things he can do with his terror radius, or at least his emanating "sounds". Coxcombed Clapper and "The Ghost" make him really hard to detect when uncloaking, leading to some really fun gen pick-ups. Bone Clapper can really mess with survivors if you know how to play Wraith really well, the muffled sound becomes about as indicating as Spirit's vacuum so it can force complacency and fear much like the previously mentioned confusing TR Doctor build.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I was having a lot of fun running dark devotion + furtive chase, when the tinkerer gets updqted im adding that.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Just realized with 4 stacks on furtive chase youd basically never have a terror radius as wraith. Combine that with his silent bell and youre making almost no noise at all. Interesting...

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence and Coulrophobia on the Doctor with any Add-ons to increase the TR.

Give him a giant terror radius and make it impossible for the survivors to do anything in that terror radius.

• Aneurysm

I went against a wraith recently who was a red rank but new to wraith and just threw on two brown addons without looking what they were (the 6 second delay one after uncloaking but also the one where your terror radius doesn't go away when cloaked) the best part was he tried to sneakily camp me at one point.