Nicest thing anybody has said to you after a match?

I was once complimented on my trap placement as Trapper. It was a nice surprise to hear that

Comments

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

When I was playing solo queue (cause I hate myself):

Killer: "If it wasn't for this ######### Laurie, I'd of killed all of you. Thank her for the carry."

He was right. MAH BACK.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Camping ****

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Jokes aside, I did have 1 guy thank me immensely for carrying him to the hatch and letting him escape due to his teammates refusing to play.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177

This just happened yesterday for me. My 3rd time playing trapper (still level 1, so 1 perk, no addons, etc.), I went against 3 players @ my rank (17 at the time), and another like 10+ ranks lower (think he was lvl 5, who was using DS and a bunch of other meta perks)...

I was just having a really good game, good trap placements, mindgaming them at pallets, etc. and I managed to get 4K somehow.

In the chat afterwards the lower rank player immediately started flaming me, calling me a noob and just acting really salty and one of the other survivors actually defended me, saying I did a good job. I thought that was really nice of them to stick up for me like that.

So cheers to that guy. Seems silly but it meant a lot that they said something.

• ChozoChorizo
    ChozoChorizo Member Posts: 18

One time someone called me a cute killer, they were a rank 1 SWF back when I was like rank 17 and I think they either felt bad or realized halfway through the match what kind of killer I was.

Their entire team was pretty nice about it and we had a good laugh but I specifically remember that person because they left a comment on my profile

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

"You're the best Oni I've ever played against, the curves you were pulling off were insane."

That one gave me the warm fuzzies inside

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

whenever a survivor feels my pain playing as high rank killer and lose miserably.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

not said after the match, but done in match:

Midwich map, I start alone and naturally get lost before I even reach the corridor. Run straight into the Killer (huntress). I do nothing, awaiting a hit and hook. instead she seemed to realize I was utterly lost, showed me the next gen, let me repair it, and guided me to the open exit once the others opened it ;_; Mama Anna

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

It felt amazing :.)

• asimplelegion
    asimplelegion Member Posts: 66

I accidentally killed a guy I was going to let go with trapper and now we’re friends who swf almost every day, So that makes me feel really nice

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

"Omg, I love that outfit on Nea!"

from a Bubba <3

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited July 2020

Space Billy: Dad, are you space?

A favorite of mine was being called the nicest Ghost Face ever after I let them farm (I think there was a dc or hook suicide)

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

Someone complimented at how quickly i got nancy P3 😌

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286
    edited July 2020

Yesterday a one guy told me : thank you for playing demo 😀 that summs up everything 😀

And in one match my mission was to kill everyone but 2 guys were just fuc.. Around. So i joined up with them and now sometimes im.playing swf with them 😊

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

As Survivor several Killers complimenting on my stealth skills (not the inmersed on a corner useless Claudette meme but in a +22k points never seen once by the Killer fixed 3 gens, unhooked 4 guys) the comment I liked the most was "Didnt know there was a Jeff until I saw him exiting the gates at the end and he is second in points too".

As Killer some Survivors saying I had put them in a whole lot of tension as Myers (I play him very stealthy too) and the usual "thanks for hatch/farm" stuff if someone DCs or I think the last one is worthy of surviving or if I notice the skill disparity is MASSIVE.

• PissedWraithMain
    PissedWraithMain Member Posts: 93

"wow a good wraith, gg"

• monster89
    monster89 Member Posts: 147

I recently went against a billy who couldn't down me. I looped and juked him really good but my other 3 teammates were constantly getting downed by his chainsaw. At the end he let me go and compliment me by saying great looping.

I like when a killer can give props and respect to survivors when they play well.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I had a killer tell me this: "You're one of the best survivors I've faced. GG" I'm honestly not that great, but it did make me feel good. I wish more people were like that instead of being so toxic all the time.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

"Bro, legit the best Trapper I've ever played against" legit made my day

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

There may be a lot of people that like being ######### in chat, but I appreciate the players, both survivors and killers, to take the time to be nice, complement plays, and even give each other tips. It doesn't happen often but it's a great feeling when it happens. It's part of what keeps me playing this game.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,101

ggez

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Been complimented on my Clown (don't play him all that often)

Was told to use Infantry Belt with Iri head by a Survivor (lol,I was trying only Iri head)

Tons of thanks for hatch

and of course GG's

Oh and a few compliments on my Nurse

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I had someone drop a toolbox at my feet. I guess that's as good as it gets since Switch(to my knowledge) does not have post game chat.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,440

"good game"

• DBD_Noobinoob
    DBD_Noobinoob Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2020

Recently I had an INTENSE match as survivor against a doctor on the new map. His TR was much bigger than normally, and due to the several floors you basically had TR no matter where you were. It was an actually scary match, like I always expected DBD to be. It was also very close, too, a constant struggle for both sides, very equally skilled I'd say. I queued with one other friend who is much better at looping than me, so he tried to loop the Doctor while I tried to complete gens, constantly screaming and so on... It happened that I completed the last gen right by the time that he got my friend. He hooked him and I found the hatch. My friend suicided, but the Doctor knew where the hatch was (and the hook was close), so he immediately came there. When he arrived, he didn't even hit me, both just stared at the hatch and it was plain obvious we both were spamming R1. He closed the hatch, and killed me. Since he had been such a cool killer, I pmed him, saying that this was an awesome match and how much fun I had and gg. He answered with a wall of text, told me how nervous he was during the game, that it was a pleasure to play against us. He also told me that it was the first time that he was freaking out and spamming R1 at the hatch, which was nice to hear because it's cool to know we were both standing there feeling exactly the same despite the asymmetry. Unfortunately he must have confused me with my friend, since he told me how well I had looped him and how "I could teach killers a few things". No way he was talking about me, cause I'm an awful looper and got hooked twice after 2 twenty seconds chases :D But it was just so nice how we were sharing our excitement and emotions after that hard fought but fair fight, and I'll always remember his nice Doctor techniques :)

• Chloan
    Chloan Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2020

Every time I made successful curves with Billy, people mentioned that in the end game chat.

Oh, and once I played Trapper and got them all in 3 mins, because one of them threw the game. That guy said that I was trash (don't know why, I just cought them with my traps) but his teammates told him that he was wrong and I played well.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

After my first week of playing Nurse someone said I was the best Nurse he seen on console, and two weeks later someone said I cheat and use mouse and keyboard because you can't be that good with controller 😀 I don't play Nurse much at all but when I do people often tell me nice things after. With other killers or playing survivor I never hear anything from anyone, not anything nice anyway.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Got a nice compliment while playing as Pig recently. Was hungover and someone told me that they thought I was a Pig main I played that well which was extremely nice.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Had a survivor say, "Holy ######### you are ######### scary." when I played Michael on Midwich once.

No idea what I did so right. Was like my second game on Michael, with crap for perks. Beginners luck.

Same deal with a survivor that said, "DUDE THE MINDGAMES" when I played Spirit. No idea what I did right, because usually I don't do that well on Spirit.

Go figure.

• FootMan2893
    FootMan2893 Member Posts: 333

Had a bro david tell me my pallet breaker wraith build had him shook even though it didn't do a whole lot. I liked that david.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

This guy just called me Epic

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I was on Oni's map as my trapper. It was a bad match for me. Hardly hooked anyone, gens were flying, no one stepped in my traps. Near the end I got even. Doors were open and they were being greedy. I chased one out of the gates. 3 left. I managed to down and hook one when it was like 40% time left on the EGC. I don't run NOED mind you. I left him because I had already won. I waited for them to save him and I pursued. They body blocked him to the exit gate. I allowed them to block for him. It was then did they realize what I had done. I had a challenge to sacrifice 2 survivors during the EGC so I brought Blood Warden. I just stood there watching them as the timer count down.

In the end game chat they said "that was awesome!". I don't even think I got a safety for that but it happens. I didn't care because the ending was epic. I wish I was recording during that match.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

i remember when i was new to huntress and still didnt know how to use her properly this guy had straight up demolished me in the match and in the post game chat he gave me a lot of advice and tips on how to go against diffrent types of survivors, i try to do the same to other new players when i can, those are the moments i actually have hope for the dbd community

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I was told once that I was the best leatherface they had ever seen. And was impressed I didn't need to camp for a 4k

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Someone who burned a common Coldwind Farm offering told me I was the best Hillbilly they'd ever faced.

That made me feel pretty giddy, because anyone who's been playing long enough to have common map offerings has seen some stuff.

That said, I can't help but think they only complimented me because I just let them go to look for an immersed Claudette who unsafely unhooked them and tried to stealth away.

• DBD_Noobinoob
    DBD_Noobinoob Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2020

Just recently I had a match against a Leatherface and was recording it for my friend who always wants to see my matches when he's not able to play with me. During that match, I lost my event medkit. When I came back to where I had been hit, it was gone and throughout the whole game I was wondering whether I had memorized the point of where I was slugged incorrectly or if someone had taken it. Esp since I had noticed the loss way too late. Rewatching the game, we noticed that apparently a Yui picked up my medkit and healed me with it later on. What's even worse is that she even dropped it afterwards, which I didn't see from my ingame perspective. Since this match I've been crying about my medkit lol :D

Today, I played against another Leatherface; a nice one who didn't camp. He pretty much slayed my team pretty fast and we were all stealthing around. I had once again lost my medkit :(((( One of my mates disconnected before his 2nd hook. In the end, it was me and another dude I hadn't seen for ages and 3 gens left. Leatherface found the other and slugged him, then came for me. I gave up and just sat there letting it happen. He slugged me and then stood there looking at me for ages until he suddenly disconnected. I pmed him and asked why he disconnected (it was his internet) and he told me he actually wanted to carry me over to my medkit because he had noticed when I lost it. He now has turned my friends and mine inside joke into a happy memory :)

<3 <3 <3 Much love to that nice Leatherface!!!

• andre70x7
    andre70x7 Member Posts: 27

"Me and my other survivor friends bullied you all game gayass #########"

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

"Keezo you #########" ~Ace that i know who was slugged to death due to me wanting to Cypress his ass, but this immersed af Kate ruined everything.

He has yet to forgive me... i continue to blame the Kate

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    edited July 2020

11 hooks, couldn't do 12 because the last survivor DC'ed before I hooked him, 2 gens were done, this felt great no toxicity no nothing.

Other nice thing that I've encountered is someone directly saying that I had aim bot with huntress because the hatchets that I hit were ridiculous, cross hatchets, etc.

Those 2 pics were from a match I had today, didn't felt like actually screenshotting them so I just took a pic through my phone.

I believe we all were red ranks, not sure if the survivors were.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Usually when people comment your play be it as nurse or billy. Tells me that they had a good time too.

Best thing yet was somebody that never had seen a nurse like that and wanted to give her a try too due to the match we just had.

• Bloodlust_Gamer69
    Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 167

A survivor defended me(killer) from his angry teammates

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

in one of my first matches as Demoboi i got, of course, rushed and outplayed and the last survivor, a Kate came to me instead of going to hatch or exit and wanted to be hooked because she felt sorry for me. In after game chat she told me she wants to encourage me to keep learning the Demo because no one uses him. That felt kinda nice and that was the only time in over 1000h playtime a survivor came to me and wanted to be hooked because of mercy.

I also got multiple compliments for giving hatch, i do it usually if there is an early DC because i know how stupid it feels from a survivor side.

Also got actually one time where a dwight complimented my skills with Spirit, usually i only get hate.

• CyanideBlaze
    CyanideBlaze Member Posts: 143

My friend was playing Quentin, I was playing Jake.

My friend was downed in the basement, I was downed on the steps leading to the basement. The killer walked towards my friend and turned to see me shaking my entire body "No" at the top of the steps.

He spared me and my friend that match and he said, in the match chat,

"God, I looked at your stupid face, Quentin, and then I looked up and I saw that stupid Jake shaking his stupid body no...

Thank your lucky stars, Quentin, and Jake, ur cute."

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

"Dwight +rep"

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited July 2020

I've had this happen a few times. Usually in regards to what is actually camping and what's not. I always appreciated it, because most of the time I try to play what I consider fair.

I had to defend a Kate a while back though. I was Myers, it was end game collapse, and only her & Lauire were left. I'd hooked Laurie, and walked off a bit. Kate unhooked her, and proceeded to take me on a chase. I hooked her, and Laurie left. At the end game, this rank 8 Laurie was trolling Kate, and mind you Kate had the most points despite death. I had to step in and be like "She saved you, you left her to die, and she still had the most work put into the game despite your 5k points for escaping. If you play better, you might get to rank 2 like her." Laurie was none too happy but couldn't rebuff me. Kate thanked* me and gave me hearts, lol.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    edited July 2020

The best compliment that I've received was when I farmed after 2 people dc'd. If I didn't farm I would've felt bad :0