I'm scared of a ban

Options

So umm, was playing a Spirit game. At about midway match the game starts agging terribly for me (ping) but I can still somewhat move around. Survivors, however, are completely still on my screen. So I hit one of them and still, completely lifeless on my screen. I down her, and after a long way (about 15 secs of rubberbanding) I hook her.

Rinse and repeat twice.

After the game they called me a cheater in the post game chat, saying I hit them through walls. Should I be worried? I swear I wasn't cheating..

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

If your game started lagging then it's not something you did on purpose, unless you did of course. But these things happen. I've had it happen to me on PS4 where a survivor seemed frozen in place, but in reality they'd actually teleported 20 feet ahead and downed over there. So as long as you didn't cause the lag to occur then it's fine. If it did happen again, just explain in the post-chat to survivors.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

You can't get banned for lagging, also more people than you see report for losing or getting outplayed so getting reported isn't that big of a deal. Just try to fix your internet connection for future games so both you and the survivors have a better time playing the game.

• Popcornchicken11
    Popcornchicken11 Member Posts: 110
    Options

My friend has actually gotten a 3 day ban for something similar, he was lagging because he had crap internet back then and he got reported by a whole team. However, the ban got repealed after about a day and a half. Hope it works out for you