Time to nerf gens

Ok behaviour and all the survivor mains out there, listen. Gens speed should be nerfed, because some games are literally impossible, if you don't agree you don't play killer at all or you play it at green ranks. I understand that increasing gens time would be boring for survivors, but try to think to something else, like harder skill checks or something to add to them. A lot of killers have been nerfed, but it's time to do something about survivors.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

You say that final statement like survivors haven't been (rightfully) nerfed.

I agree that gen times are hardly amazing right now, and the trial warmup the devs were on about in their anniversary stream can't come soon enough, but games aren't impossible unless it's literally a death squad at which point your best bet is to actually facecamp lol. But how often do you see those types of teams?

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

they need to add a secondary objective, not totems which obviously don't matter most of the times.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

As suggested, too many variables to ever ever ever get a “good gen speed”. Whatever you do to compensate for red rank skill/experience will crush the lower ranked survivors.

If anything, you should add a difficult but rewarding secondary objective. Then red ranks could challenge themselves while possibly profit and lower ranks could ignore it and concentrate on escaping.

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347

Rank 1 killer sure. But anyways:

What "nerfs" survivors had? Things that should never of been in the game in the first place like: insta-heal, insta-blind, infinite loops, old DS, old BT, etc. etc. what did I forget?!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Not from today, but as you can see, quite recent.

Anyway:

Regarding Survivor Nerfs, I never said there were not justified. Insta-Heals and God Loops (as examples) where things that need to go. But it is simply wrong to forget those things. IMO all Nerfs happening are justified (except for Balanced Landing, but I am biased on that one and the Maps where it was strong are still horrible for Killer, so the Nerf did not do that much).

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347

This picture proves nothing, I don't even know if it's your ID. Stream some high level gameplay is the best way to prove yourself.

I disagree, survivor nerfs were things that should never been in the game to begin with. Kill nerfs? Yeah..............

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hello i dont agree at all and i am playing killer for almost 2000 hours now on red rank. Dont be biased please.

Harder skillcheck wont help at all. It would only be harder for lower ranks, where killer already dominate. A rank 1 will hit his skillchecks no matter how hard they are.

The only killer that got nerfed so far is Nurse and Spirit and those nerfs were totally needed. Others got buffed in return.

Please dont forget that the past 1,5 years survivors got nerfed way more then killers. Just look at toolboxes, less pallets on maps, smaller maps ect ect.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Hi devotion 9 level 50, rank 1 killer and survivor here to give you an important announcement.

9/10 games are extremely easy 4ks.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

There needs to be something, but increasing the time survivors stay on gens would be boring/frustrating for them and not very helpful for killer, as actually good survivors will not be fussed about it.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Im rank1 Killer and play both roles, gen times are ok, the only thing I believe needs a change are some map layouts where gens spawn in the outer rings, especially on Mother's Dwelling and Rotten Fields, I got 3k and 4k regularly.

Picture of proof with main, mah boi Michael.

• darwinsbrain
    darwinsbrain Member Posts: 99

While the first couple of gems seem to go fast a lot of the time killers recover quickly. Keep in mind that killers have about a 65% kill rate in the game and its even higher at red ranks. Longer Gen times would make things better for killers in the early game and would make things incredibly difficult for survivors in the late game.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I mean, it has their profile name right below the BP count... and it matches the profile on the forums. They seem to have provided your proof. You now need to prove to them that the picture proves nothing to anyone who might view it.

Suppose you are right about the picture proving nothing... how does showing some high level gameplay act as proof? It could be easily taken from someone else, as you claim the photo is...

You forgot the momentum mechanic. The mechanic that does not allow survivors to fast vault from right next to the window, or repeatedly (before entity blockers). That was a pretty decent nerf to vaults... although it doesn't affect pallets like it does windows.

What killer nerfs are you thinking of? The new billy one? The nurse basekit nerf?

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited July 2020

"Rank 1 killers" flexing with screenshots 😂

Yeah, so hard to reach rank 1 killer and survivor. Congrats.

Post edited by xenofon13 on
  • HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Nah its mostly because of the "If you dont agree you dont play killer or you play a green rank", if he werent to post that sentence people (myself included) wouldnt be posting pictures of our ranks.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    edited July 2020

Rarely do I encounter a serious gen rush. The fastest I have recorded is 4:28, this was only a few weeks ago.

Edit: I mentioned the when of the occurence because it’s important to me that you all understand it was after the update a month or 2 ago that slightly nerfed gen speeds.

Like I said, I rarely encounter this and thus I’m not too concerned about it.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347

It would be better if developers come up with new gameplay capabilities and mechanics for the survivors tied to the escape, not only repair the generators, but do something else and then it will be good for both sides at once, the survivors will be more interested in playing, and the killers will have more time to do something.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited July 2020

As rank 1 killer and survivor I think there should be more survivors needs to do, because it's more easy to play survivor. But longer gen times? No thanks gens is boring enough. Give us something else we must do than gens. New objective. Survivors must do 4 gens plus two new objectives that each takes almost as long time as a gen, this would be fair.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

Also RR1 Killer to chime in gen speeds are fine

Do the beginning gens pop very quickly? Yes. But any killer worthy of their blade knows that the game doesn't truly start until there are only a few gens left. If you're expecting your 4K with 5 gens on the board still and therefore giving up when two or three have popped, you're doing killer wrong.

• Aven_Fallen

I mean, it has my name on it. And well, you dont need "high level gameplay" to get to Rank 1 in the first place, at least I am pretty sure I dont have "high level gameplay", lol.

And yes, Killer Nerfs are also justified. Because this is how balancing works and this is how a Multiplayer game should be balanced. If only one side get nerfs it would not be balancing. LIke, you said that some things which got nerfed on the Survivor Side should not have been in the game to begin with, which I can agree on. But I also think that Nurse should have never been in the game and she would not be released in 2020 (I am pretty sure they would not have released Nurse in 2018 onwards, at least).

So its not like Killer Nerfs are not justified at all.

And well, as stated above, this is a Multiplayer Onlinegame, meaning, both sides should have the chance to win this game. This is not a Killer-Simulator.

I am totally up for some changes, however, the overall Objective Time does not need to increase. If for example the Survivors have to collect Parts and this takes 30 seconds, it would be wrong to keep the 80 seconds per Gen and add those 30 seconds part-Search on top. The Gens would need to be faster if an Objective is added which adds time.

OR the Gen Time is roughly the same, but then there needs to be even more Balancing like longer Hook Stages and other stuff.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

If you disagree with me you are bad.

Great argument by the original poster lmao. Perhaps there already have been nerfs and you need to get better instead of having things simplified for you.

• Unfun_Tunnel
    Unfun_Tunnel Member Posts: 51

Pretty often, but how can I blame them? Their work is to do gens and so they do. I blame behaviour for making such an unbalanced game where survivor is hella easy and killer is often frustrating

• Unfun_Tunnel

I don't have a real idea actually but hey I'm not the developper here. Just saying that in my opinion survivors should have something more to do. I think it's just too easy compared to killer

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

gen speeds are fine, the problem is map size and/or design if maps are smaller there is more interaction between killer and survivor, maps like ormond and red forest are almost always the maps you are gen rushed on compared to others like coal tower and wreckers yard because you have enough time to actually walk to the gens and interrupt them

• Unfun_Tunnel

I think that would be good, but remember that most of the times you find tryharders at red ranks and I don't think that making secondary objectives would really solve the problem

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Rank 3 killer ^^^

Gen speeds are fine

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I'm still not sure if it's completely confirmed, but i think the devs are working on an early game phase to prolong the general length of matches.

However, the higher tier killers are arguably already viable, on most maps now actually after the patch with the changes to maps, and they will probably even need some small nerfs if matches are prolonged in any way.

• Unfun_Tunnel

I don't have an actual idea to nerf gens, I was just making an example. Anyways, the problem with this game is that killer nerfs destroy them most of the times and survivor nerfs are irrilevant, just because most of the people are surv mains who don't even know what playing killer is Like.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Rank 1 on survivor/killer with 700 hours here. Gens or some maps needs nerf. End.

• Unfun_Tunnel

Do you even play killer? Anyways, I don't want to argue, but the reality is that survivor side is too easy and requires way less skill than killer.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

Yes I do play killer. Not as much as I like being chased rather than chasing people. I like that you just refuse to acknowledge that the crux of your post is that if people disagree then they are just bad without even discussing it with them.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

Rank 6 killer and survivor and gen speeds are not what need to be touched it's literally the survivors ONLY objective. What you expect them to run around like headless chickens until you find them? Either add more objectives for survivors to do then hold m1 or the early game mechanics which I can't wait to be implemented

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251
  • Aven_Fallen

I guess I like DBD? ._____________.

Its the only game I really play tho.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Im just curious since you've been playing for so long do you have any legacy cosmetics?

• Aven_Fallen

Sadly not. If I would have played during that time, I would probably have some Legacy Cosmetics, but I wasnt around at this time. When DBD got released, I only watched videos of it.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Just flat out increasing gen times would turn survivor gameplay into even more of an m1 simulator

Give them gas cans that they have to grab and fill up the gens with before they start repairing. This will help a few things:

1. You don't lose the first gen before you can even travel to it
    2. Makes survivor gameplay more engaging
    3. Matches are less likely to end in 5 minutes due to toolboxes and Prove Thyself
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Interesting, I haven't seen a team like this in months. The only one similar tried to do it on Ormond and still took 9 minutes for it all.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

To be honest, i don't think skill checks really are much of a hazard in higher ranks unless you specifically build for them. I think gens are fine as they are now but we need to change something about skill checks.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

why do killer mains always try to dump on “rank 10”?

I can tell you that killers have a huge advantage for the majority of this game. Ranks 20-5 the killer has it easy. The stats time and time again prove rank 10s and below have a lower escape rate.

Its only red rank survivors that give killers a hard time. I say that but I mean the true red ranks, however current red ranks are so watered down that yeah even red ranks is mostly easy now.

The game is already miserable enough for low rank survivors and plenty of killers derank anyway.

Anyone who says this game is balanced for rank 20s etc doesnt understand the game. Its at a soit now where its almost as balanced as it could be for the high ranks without making it completely unplayable for low ranks

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

Map size nerfed, Pallets nerfed, loops nerfed, instant heals nerfed, toolboxes nerfed.

You: Listen good devs and survivor mains, I want gens nerfed too.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

Aren't we supposed to be getting an early game EGC? I agree gen speeds are way too quick, but don't think increasing the time is the answer.