Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I love the new hatchet hitbox for Huntress but

do you mind raising it a little for head hits so survivors don't Urban Evasion around constructs so you can't even hit them or over pallets that have been dropped because it hits those objects first? Otherwise, I love it! Gave me a challenge and loved how it felt to watch them freak out when I did nail them lol running into walls was hilarious XD Just a simple request but the main hitboxes, keep them. Thank you, Devs :D

Comments

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Wasn't in patch notes pretty sure this was a bug also these new hitboxes assuming it's not a bug, suck hatchets going through heads and arms and sometimes legs it's like you have to hit them in the body to even injure them which is almost impossible if they aren't vaulting a window or dropping a pallet
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Love it all you want. It's stupid as #########
  • AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    Wasn't in patch notes pretty sure this was a bug also these new hitboxes assuming it's not a bug, suck hatchets going through heads and arms and sometimes legs it's like you have to hit them in the body to even injure them which is almost impossible if they aren't vaulting a window or dropping a pallet

Yeah, I just played a little more and man, it really is bugged to #########. Limbs do not register AT ALL and the head is a bit finicky. The only hit box is literally the spinal cord. They really dropped the ball on this one.

• CoolerSphinx
    CoolerSphinx Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2018

Do we need to talk about how the objects also seem to have a larger hit box than they should? I mean trying to throw an ax around a tree or over some tires and they apparently grow to eat the ax. Could be I am just bad at aiming, but I do not think that is the case.

• AStupidMonkeyy

@jordirex said:
    Huntress never needed a nerf, devs have no clue about their own game, don't encourage their horrible decisions with a title like this. You know that Huntress considering the mecanics of its hatchets needed a big hitbox to compensate the slow projectile she throws. Now she is garbage. Devs said they are looking into it, but what does that means? A nerf not that heavy? Still an error and another stupidity to add to the list. Huntress hatchet hitboxes were fine and this killer has not ever been overpowered at all, in fact she was even a little bit weak due to her low speed and 45 meter humming.

I like a little bit of a challenge and her hitboxes were WRONG at some points. Many of videos shows hatchets hitting WAY above the head or far to the right of a survivor but I agree that there needs a lot of hitbox fixes and make it so it hits limbs but overall, they hitboxes did need looked at. I had videos where I got hit when the hatchet was almost 2 meters away from me so don't say I shouldn't encourage devs. They need support, not just gripes and complaints. I play mostly killer and some survivor. I play both to get an understanding of each weakness and how to get better as both. As before, random hitboxes connected that shouldn't have hit and now, hitboxes are pretty much gone except for the spine so it was a tad too much but they do deserve praise when they do try to do something and try to look at their #########-ups instead of ignoring them like some other devs do on other games. Be patient. They are still INDIE DEVS, not AAA budget game devs.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Yeah, I just played a little more and man, it really is bugged to #########. Limbs do not register AT ALL and the head is a bit finicky. The only hit box is literally the spinal cord. They really dropped the ball on this one.

I been watching Huntress mains for the past week struggle like hell with this change... god bless you poor souls....

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@jordirex said:
    Huntress never needed a nerf, devs have no clue about their own game, don't encourage their horrible decisions with a title like this. You know that Huntress considering the mecanics of its hatchets needed a big hitbox to compensate the slow projectile she throws. Now she is garbage. Devs said they are looking into it, but what does that means? A nerf not that heavy? Still an error and another stupidity to add to the list. Huntress hatchet hitboxes were fine and this killer has not ever been overpowered at all, in fact she was even a little bit weak due to her low speed and 45 meter humming.

I will agree about the huntresses previous power level during a game over all. As a guilty pleasure of mine, if I ever see a huntress in my matches on the random odd days I do play survivor, I'm pretty confident as soon as I hear her hum that its an easy game. Just because she's so slow and doesn't have gen control over vast distances, so at least it isn't gonna be a 4 man wipe in the first minute of the game, and if its a no scoper maybe they'll be nice and let 1 person get out after we've been trick shotted to death.
    With this change, the huntresses I used to see who would perform phenomenally enough to give mercy to 2 or 1 survivor, are now in games where they perform horribly and all 4 people get away or they're left with 1 kill the entire game. And these guys are master tier huntresses trickshotG2G 420 noscope players doing as bad if not worse than spirit at times. I'm completely shocked given the amount of actual skill it takes to play huntress at ranks 1 through 5. Huntresses are known for being merciful but this....this is just letting people win with these changes and there's nothing they can do about it....

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@AStupidMonkeyy said:
    do you mind raising it a little for head hits so survivors don't Urban Evasion around constructs so you can't even hit them or over pallets that have been dropped because it hits those objects first? Otherwise, I love it! Gave me a challenge and loved how it felt to watch them freak out when I did nail them lol running into walls was hilarious XD Just a simple request but the main hitboxes, keep them. Thank you, Devs :D

Are we talking about the same hitboxes?

https://clips.twitch.tv/AggressiveMuddyVelociraptorCoolStoryBro

• AStupidMonkeyy

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

Read my comments. I played a few games after and retracted my statement but also, the devs don't need hate for trying to fix something that was slightly broken.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

Read my comments. I played a few games after and retracted my statement but also, the devs don't need hate for trying to fix something that was slightly broken.

It wasn't. There were lag issues but those can only be resolved with dedicated servers.
    And as much as there were lucky shots, there were laggy misses. Killer simply had advantage as host.

Now what is the point if playing huntress? If it was only change to size of hitbox, it would be fine. But it's smaller than survivors, it does not register it survivor crouches, vaults, runs in zigzag, is near tree.
    There hitbox now registers collision boxes of all objects even more strongly, so hiding is even more strong.
    This is not right in so many ways.

Meanwhile they fixed lunge speed, but hit detection of m1 is broken. I had survivors run at me and not be hit. No dead hard. If you carry survivor and they don't stand still, half hits miss simply because. 

Survivors don't need perks to have to need more than 4 strikes to down them ;(
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

Huntress hitboxes worked perfectly and the only time they felt wrong was when playing with a bad connection. However, thats the case in ALL shooters and things like hitting behind walls happen due to lagg.

How about dedicated servers?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Keep loving it while you can.

Devs are going to revert it at some point.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited September 2018

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

@jordirex said:

I like a little bit of a challenge and her hitboxes were WRONG at some points. Many of videos shows hatchets hitting WAY above the head or far to the right of a survivor but I agree that there needs a lot of hitbox fixes and make it so it hits limbs but overall, they hitboxes did need looked at. I had videos where I got hit when the hatchet was almost 2 meters away from me so don't say I shouldn't encourage devs. They need support, not just gripes and complaints. I play mostly killer and some survivor. I play both to get an understanding of each weakness and how to get better as both. As before, random hitboxes connected that shouldn't have hit and now, hitboxes are pretty much gone except for the spine so it was a tad too much but they do deserve praise when they do try to do something and try to look at their [BAD WORD]-ups instead of ignoring them like some other devs do on other games. Be patient. They are still INDIE DEVS, not AAA budget game devs.

I wonder about the hotboxes you mentioned like lets say i play a smaller model survivors like Claudette or Feng should i have an advantage with my hit box being smaller then the rest of the survivors. That sounds to me kinda unfair as there already harder to find why make them harder to hit. Remember gameplay balance has to come before logic as logically we talk all day about what does or doesn't make sense like the fact a killer can be decisive striked 4 times in a game and never learn wait i might need to drag the survivor by the legs to the hook.

Post edited by Zarathos on
  • peccavi
    peccavi Member Posts: 3

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

@jordirex said:

I like a little bit of a challenge and her hitboxes were WRONG at some points. Many of videos shows hatchets hitting WAY above the head or far to the right of a survivor but I agree that there needs a lot of hitbox fixes and make it so it hits limbs but overall, they hitboxes did need looked at. I had videos where I got hit when the hatchet was almost 2 meters away from me so don't say I shouldn't encourage devs. They need support, not just gripes and complaints. I play mostly killer and some survivor. I play both to get an understanding of each weakness and how to get better as both. As before, random hitboxes connected that shouldn't have hit and now, hitboxes are pretty much gone except for the spine so it was a tad too much but they do deserve praise when they do try to do something and try to look at their [BAD WORD]-ups instead of ignoring them like some other devs do on other games. Be patient. They are still INDIE DEVS, not AAA budget game devs.

This is a netcode issue, not a hitbox issue.

• AStupidMonkeyy

@Zarathos said:

@AStupidMonkeyy said:

@jordirex said:

I wonder about the hotboxes you mentioned like lets say i play a smaller model survivors like Claudette or Feng should i have an advantage with my hit box being smaller then the rest of the survivors. That sounds to me kinda unfair as there already harder to find why make them harder to hit. Remember gameplay balance has to come before logic as logically we talk all day about what does or doesn't make sense like the fact a killer can be decisive striked 4 times in a game and never learn wait i might need to drag the survivor by the legs to the hook.

The dragging had me laughing at the end lol.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I really hope they hotfix this. It clearly wasn't ready for launch. Huntress is almost unplayable now, if they didn't fix her lunge she'd be completely broken.