We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

If you are going to message someone after a game wait for a response

WheresTheGate
WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

30 seconds into a match I'm working on a generator. Network connection drops. Hadn't encountered another survivor or the killer. Power cycle my router/modem and try again.

While I'm waiting on my next match I get a message from the killer of the one in which I was dropped. They tell me they reported me and 'explained' to me that DCing is against the rules and why. The amount of condescension they managed to put into a few sentences was truly impressive.

I never intentionally DC. Even if I was someone that DC'd I would have had zero reason to DC that match. We had just started. I hadn't been hit, hung, or even seen. The killer was on the other side of the map chasing someone else.

Upon attempting to reply I find they blocked me before I had a chance to respond. HA!

As for being reported.... I could care less. It won't affect me.

However, if you are going to take the time to send people messages that are so arrogantly self-righteous that there is a narcissistic level of pretension at least be brave enough to wait for a response. If you aren't going to wait for a response just know everyone you message will see you for exactly what you really are....

***Update****

This person unblocked me long enough to send me another pompous message telling me I would be contacted by DBD soon so I should be prepared to get banned.

Once again when I tried to respond they had blocked me. At this point I have to wonder if this person is just trolling. One way or the other I have blocked them now. I'm all for someone that wants to come at me and they're brave enough to allow me to respond. If not.....

Post edited by WheresTheGate on

Comments