For the love of Dwight CHANGE MORIS AND KEYS

Options
SailedSavage
SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
edited July 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Update* #2 13/16 Games now vs a killer with a Mori. Is today national Mori day or what?

Mori and keys kill this game. You shouldn't be killable after ONE hook. Mori should replace death hook. It should allow the killer to finish you himself instead of you dying on hook. The same as Pyramid Heads power. Keys should only be able to open hatch after the killer has closed it so it doesn't allow survivors to bypass the object of the game and get out for free. I can't believe it's year 4 and the game is still like this. I've been moried 4 games back to back dude. 🙄 Plus killers who destroy lobbies and still lose because of key escapes are weak game mechanics.

Post edited by SailedSavage on

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Couldn't agree more. Neither are healthy for the game, IMO.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2020
    Options

For every Key and Mori change post, they are gonna start giving a killer a red bar lmao

• SailedSavage
    Options

Couldn't agree more. The only key worth using is the skeleton key with amber on to find the killer.

• miachan22
    miachan22 Member Posts: 36
    Options

Wish we had some stats on usage of keys and moris :| the whole event I saw 2 escaping by the hatch with a key (in the same game), but I saw waay more pink moris.

• SIeepWaIker
    SIeepWaIker Member Posts: 47
    Options

IDK.

Mori - I Agree.. make it more common in the web and just a cool way for a quicker kill as opposed to taking a survivor to their final hang.

Key - You still have to a. find the hatch, b. pop all the gens and open the gates before you can even open it with a full squad, right? So to me, the argument against keys is nothing more than a complaint that it might prevent a 4k GAME, whereas a mori prevents an unlucky caught survivor. NO GAME.

I mean, as a killer, if i killed 2 and they could escape with just 3 gens popped, there is 50% chance i already killed the key carrier. If you only killed 1 and 4 gens are done, you might not be able to prevent the escape anyhow. If all 4 could jump out the hatch at start of the match, i'd see your point.. it would be exactly like queueing up as survivor and getting NO GAME by being a victim of MORI. At least you can see the key in lobby and know who is carrying one; preventing you from just being able to troll the last 3 generators after 4 have popped. If all 4 survivors are escaping you with key, they would have gotten you via gate as well, or maybe you get one..

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited July 2020
    Options

That is still an awful lot of power keys have, being the only thing to possibly snatch 2-3 kills from you. And depending on the state the survivors are in you can absolutely bring back a 3 surv 1 gen game.

Post edited by SCP_FOR_DBD on
  • DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

Only for Pink mori make that it can only be used on survivors that are on death hook.Keys must recharged If you work on a Gen for 120s it's charged then you could use it or that oppening the hatch has an animation that takes 25 Seconds to complete.

• SIeepWaIker
    SIeepWaIker Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2020
    Options

True, but it is a POSSIBILITY to limit your kills which may not limit them at all. You may have killed the key carrier, the survivor with the key may not have found the hatch, they may not be in a group with friends to a. tell them where hatch is or b. to even inform they had a key. 3 gens to get out 2 survivors if and only if, 1 of those has a key, knows where the hatch is, and the second player knows the plan is to hatch jump.

Of the many games I've played as survivor, I've escaped through hatch without a key when I was the only remaining survivor many times. I've only escaped once with a key, and have been killed countless times with one, or witnessed someone in my group being killed with one.

Escaped 1 with key vs. too many to count 4ks with Moris. Just my perspective and I'm more casual than many.. Keys escapes may happen every other match in the high ranks. idk, but Mori 4ks happen every few matches, and I just shrug it off and move to the next one

• SailedSavage
    Options

Key can be used once hatch spawns regardless if doors are open. Still defeats the purpose of the game which is to do gens and open the doors in my opinion. I understand hatch for last survivor because opening a door is hard and takes a lot of time when you don't have someone running killer around. But to let a while team or even 3 escape with one more gen to go is cheap. Especially against killers who are more endgame oriented. Again this is all my opinion over years of playing this

• SailedSavage
    Options

Nah I think I'd keys stay the way they are it should be a set of 4 great skill checks you have to do in order to open it up. If you fail killer gets a notification. That would balance it more.

• SailedSavage
    Options

I play killer all the time and only have trouble against really good swf teams and even then the games are fun because I'm constantly in good chases. Sure I don't always get a 4k but the match itself was fun and that's what I care about. How is it fun to finish a game in 4 minutes due to free kills off one hook ? I've never understood that. Just makes me go back to lobby and wait another 5 minutes to get a game as killer.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

There's thousands of "change moris and keys" discussions on these forums. I see multiple every day.

But you know what's more important? Nerfing a killer that was already viewed as one of the most balanced killers in this game. Big brain.

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108
    Options

Couldn't agree more with the author. Fix when?