Alternative to DC penalty

Tsair
Tsair Member Posts: 49

So, as survivor and killer, DCs have been fairly rampant lately. If a player DCs the first time they're downed (especially before a gen has been completer), the game is essentially over. As both killer and survivor, this ruins the experience for everyone else.

My suggestion would be instead of a DC penalty, apply a temporary 'tag' to the player for matchmaking that makes them more likely to be joined with others that also have that tag. It would allow them to still search for a match, while also helping the players who are annoyed by DCs to not have to experience it as often.

As a second alternative, ensure that nobody depips if there is a DC in the match. If the game is 'not competitive', as is the argument for the lack of a DC penalty, then this wont matter. If it does matter, then there needs to be a penalty for DC. Possibly depipping multiple times for every recent DC (such as in one extra negative pip for every DC in the past 24 hours)

Regardless, either situation reduces the punishment for someone who legitimately loses connection, while also discouraging doing it intentionally.

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Ideally they would address the reason why people disconnect, but no its easier to just slap on a penalty.

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143

I feel that DC players should be punished. DC a few times and you can't play for a few hours. Continued DC will result in a ban of a few days.

I'd also like to say that killers should get a lot more BP from survivor DC. I had 2 DC on me and that robbed me of a lot of points for that match. If a killer DC, all 4 survivors should get a ridiculous amount of blood points.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I find that a lot of Survivors DC because they get hit. That can't really be addressed by the Devs, without killing the game balance. And before I'm called a killer main, I'm a Red Rank Survivor who has every perk on both Meg and P3 Cheryl.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

The first suggestion is decent, the second one not so much. Pips aren't relevant to any actual gameplay. I mean, sure whatever make it to where people don't depip with a DC if pips make you feel good. Truth is though, they're relatively pointless.

I would be totally okay with people that DC just getting matched with other people that DC. Then the whiny babies that want to end their matches over anything they don't like can be matched with all the others, and all their games can just end in a minute and thirty seconds while the rest of us have normal games.

TBH, it would also probably separate a lot of toxic people from decent people just trying to play the game too.

I still think the penalties should exist for now until they come up with a better system, because we saw how often people DCed before the penalties (even some high profile streamers were advocating for DCing) and then they decided to penalize the DCs. Then the DCs went way down. Now we have them taken away again, and we can see clear as day that people are abusing the ######### out of it and constantly DCing. I've had more of my games have DCs in them than games where I didn't have a DC. That includes both killer DCing and survivor DCing.

• Tsair

While some see pipping as irrelevant, I feel it's one of the things I like about the results screen. Zeroing doesnt feel bad because meh, no change, but dropping from rank 1 because of a DC parade feels extremely bad.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

How so ? It's not like rank actually matter not to mention all the rainbow ranks lobbies we're getting nowadays.

• DBD_Noobinoob
    DBD_Noobinoob Member Posts: 89

Imo, people who quit team games are scum, doesn't matter for what reason, doesn't matter which game. Leaving the team behind due to personal emotions is the most egoistic, disgusting thing in online gaming, and imo should have the worst penalty. If you can't stand "imbalances", dont play the game. If you can't stand losing, dont play any game. If you aren't able to handle your emotions, play a single player game. A person who is willing to leave their team behind is not a person I would want to play with, nor would I want to meet them in real life. Proud to say I have never quitted an online game where I had a team, and never will.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

No, lets just permanently ban everyone. They already bought the game and cant refund it back anyway. :^)

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

Feel free to address physical connection issues with software.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

Yure honestly just thinking they DC when they get hit. But in reality they're truly DCing because they also just found out who the killer was. Sometimes I can't tell who it is by the music. But as soon as I get hit by a Legion, one hit Huntress, and several others I DC. Same is with all the streamers I watch, they usually DC after they figure out its obnoxious Hag, Legion etc

• Tsair

Not sure what your point is since no one suggested bans, but if you have an issue with people who DC being matched together, why?

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

No, I just think that it will stay the same. Good idea, maybe devs will take a note of it. Maybe.

• claudetterealness
    claudetterealness Member Posts: 92

I think they should decrease amount of blood points you can get per match for so many matches if you DC

but then something would need to be implemented to people who already have all perks and all levels and prestige characters because DC penalty wouldn't matter to them