Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

There Are Too Many Perks.

oke
oke Member Posts: 102

Yes, there are too many perks. It's getting worse with each DLC. Bloodwebs have to get cheaper as more perks are added, there should also be a perk on every level (perkless lvl2-4 is stupid in my opinion), and/or there should be only one level of each perk.

Comments

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

I suppose they will find solution soon, as they posted open job position just for this aspect

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2018

And yet, from all I've read and have seen in video guides, people only run the same two or three different perk combinations between all their survivor and killer skins.

Reminds me of WoW when they had the old talent trees: Tons of talents, but only the same cookie-cutter meta-builds were ever used. It's why Blizzard finally just said ######### it, and redid talents to what they are now: pure homogenization.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I remember them mentioning an idea about possibly removing the Tiers for Perks, which would honestly be fantastic.

Alongside this i'd love to see double Perk bloodwebs introduced much earlier than level 25 (although they do appear a few times before this too)

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I don't think they should remove the tiers for perks, what I would do is to have a random chance of either the tier 1, tier 2 or tier 3 version of a perk show up on your bloodweb, this would reduce the grind a little and make things a little more fun, imagine opening a bloodweb and seeing BBQ and Chilli tier 3 without having to get the previous 3 tiers?

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

You are right. I think they just need to get rid of a few perks. DStrike is up there as the first they should get rid of.

I would hate this game so much if everyone ran the same damn 4 perks every game. #MakeAllPerks Viable. The only reason you feel that the grind is too much is because you just want a Meta perk.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I like variety, but i do feel overwhelmed sometimes.
    Plus there's so many i don't like at all...

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited September 2018

Removing Tiers from the perks is probably the best idea they've had dealing with it. This will help new players immensely as every perk they get will be full powered.

It also means

• Less data to pour through when rebalancing perks, you just have to rebalance the one level of the perk, not all 3
    • We have 2/3 less levels to pour through to get all our perks.

It will make things easier on EVERYBODY, it's WIN WIN

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Removing Tiers from the perks is probably the best idea they've had dealing with it. This will help new players immensely as every perk they get will be full powered.

And it would also get rid of the feeling that you don't improve your Perk by buying the next level.

Like, yeah, your cooldown is now 10 seconds shorter.
    Or you can now earn 1 more Token.
    But you don't feel more powerful, it still does everything that it did before, only slightly and sometimes unnoticeably better.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I've posted an idea concerning locking teachable perks here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/18925/disabling-teachable-perks#latest

This would greatly help with the problem.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

The one thing I feel like they're missing is the ability to obtain more perks on each bloodweb.
    Otherwise I think the system is pretty good so far.

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

Removing the tiers of the perks would help but it'd basically just shove this same problem down the line. There needs to be a permanent solution that isn't vulnerable to perk inflation. I'd suggest having a certain percentage of the perks unlock whenever you hit a certain prestige. E.g. You prestige 1 and you automatically unlock a random 25% of the perks in the game and when you hit prestige 3-50 it automatically unlocks all of them.

• oke
    oke Member Posts: 102

@Dreamnomad said:
    I've posted an idea concerning locking teachable perks here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/18925/disabling-teachable-perks#latest

This would greatly help with the problem.

The problem with teachable perks that can be disabled is the diminished variety. Better would be to have all perks have one tier and increase the number of perks that can be purchased per bloodweb

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited September 2018

They said in q&a that's not gonna happen. They are not gonna change the bloodweb at all
    EDIT They won't even add a 3rd perk to bloodweb

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018

Amount of perks is fine, the problem is Prestiging. Removing the perks you already grinded, for useless rarity buff and for subpar outfit now that the store is here. They need to address that Bloodpoint sink before any other.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I'm okay with the grind right now. The bigger problem is prestiging because once you do you don't really gain anything extra aside from the bloody clothes. I think that you should at least keep your 4 perk slots open when you prestige and have one of your characters teachable perks start at tier 3 for every prestige level.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

@HellDescent said:
    They said in q&a that's not gonna happen. They are not gonna change the bloodweb at all

### when? I remember them saying a few time that they understand this is happening so they're looking into solutions.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@blue4zion said:

@HellDescent said:

### when? I remember them saying a few time that they understand this is happening so they're looking into solutions.

Last q&a

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@FrenziedRoach said:

It also means

• Less data to pour through when rebalancing perks, you just have to rebalance the one level of the perk, not all 3
    • We have 2/3 less levels to pour through to get all our perks.

It will make things easier on EVERYBODY, it's WIN WIN

I feel like taking away the tier grinding would remove the rewarded feeling of having Tier III come up. I don't mind the grind but I can understand as a casual player it'd be really tedious and long.

• You don't have to buy the perks, if you don't buy them you are potentially saving blood points in the long run.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

indeed, too many perks, and 4 are too few slots to use them,

so most of ppl will just use the same 10% OP perks, give us a 5th and 6th slot oh great entity!

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I dont personally think that giving extra perk slots would be a good addition, unless you add slots for a specific catagory, but even then more slots = less variety imho. While people may still use 4 clutch perks, it would be better if they began using 5 or 6 clutch perks, same goes for killers, you can't increase the amount of perks, along with the amount of perk slots and not expect to get even more try-hard "loadouts" the four perk slots is better imo, because you have to think more about what you use.

• AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    They should do 6 slots total but, seperate them in a way to not have OP load outs.

Something like 1 Survival perk (SC, DS, ect) 4 Utility perks (Bond, BT, WMI ect) and 1 Point boosting perk.