Why is everyone(at least %80) is using Dead Hard even they are saying Sprint Burst is better?

Why?

Comments

• Sir_Bassington
    Sir_Bassington Member Posts: 229

Sprint burst is the best when it comes to spreading out and being the most efficient at fixing gens, because youre technically safe anywhere on the map from M1 killers, not very fun playstyle tho. Dead hard is fun when it works and want to be chased.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Ive ran Balanced Landing untyil recently, started trying dead hard and having more fun with it.

However, Sprinto Bursto, boring. I like to run all the time, its partly why Trappers always get me, despite being killer main, I run like an idiot. Walking around all match to not exaust myself ruins my fun

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

The effect of Sprint Burst is strong however its requirement (walking all the time) makes it less viable than Dead Hard as walking everywhere wastes so much time over the course of a match it can literally be the reason the team died.

Also Dead Hard allows you to play loops more risky.

• xxDeathwishDW
    xxDeathwishDW Member Posts: 138

If you just walk all the time, then it means you don't know how to manage your exhaustion. But thanks for ur comment.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
  • TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I actually prefer Sprint Burst. Because Dead Hard is buggy as hell and I often see the exhausted status whilst I’m lay on the floor. Good job perk. I like how much distance it can give you over a killer and it’s amazing against Legion who I seem to face a lot. I rarely use exhaustion perks, but if I wanted to run one, I’d go for Lithe or Sprint Burst.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Dead Hard can completely erase a mistake and reset a chase if used well, and it’s useful against basically every killer, so a lot of survivors use it as a crutch. Sprint Burst is really strong as well but it just has a different use.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

99'ing Sprint Burst is obviously a thing. Everyone has tried it for a while at this point but I was comparing both exhaustion perks under "average" conditions.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Dead hard counters most of the top tier killers or killers that have great potential to snowball (Nurse, spirit out of phase, oni, Freddy to some extent etc).

More importantly it can make up for possibly game changing mistakes.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221

Because I don’t want to be walking everywhere and I’m too lazy to use sprint burst correctly. Dead hard is more easy and useful in some situations (Even to it dosn’t work 50% of the times)

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

I moved back to sprint burst recently after using dead hard for a long time. I think it suits my playstyle more and it works without being injured so its useful against one-shot killers, plus I hate being on the ground after dead hard fails to proc correctly.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

Because sprint burst needs more skill to use. dh is much easier than sprint burst.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
  • DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Both are very strong exhaustion perks. The thing is Sprint Burst requires skill and management while Dead Hard requires timing and luck. Most people prefer to just time their Dead Hard and hope for the best than managing their sprint the whole game just to get use out of Sprint Burst. Personally I'm a Sprint Burst fan, I know how to use it to its full potential and its amazing when I get good value out of it.

• TrappinMan
    TrappinMan Member Posts: 66

In terms of exhaustion perks.

Sprint Burst-avoid a chase. You take off running fast enough the killer has to decide if you're worth chasing. Positive is you either have enough time to get to a strong loop, or the killer says nah, and hunts someone else. Negative, the killer is now putting pressure elsewhere while you aren't on a gen, and the killer can always circle back before your exhaustion clears, and then you're running like normal.

Lithe, Landing, Dead Hard- prolong the chase, wasting more of the killer's time. Positive, you can pick when to trigger, and you waste the killer's time. Negative sometimes you don't have a good trigger or a trigger, or lag messes it up, and iri head doesn't care.

Head on- Waste everyone's time. Yay!

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Deadhard is actually there when you need it whereas most sprint bursts you do are usually unnecessary.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Simple answer:

Dead hard requires less thought to use correctly. For Sprintburst, even though its more powerful and has much more potential, it does have the drawback of not being able to walk if you 99'd your exhaustion, meaning you constantly have to leave scratchmarks. Nor can you vault as you recover 1% of exhaustion while vaulting(meaning that theoretically, you can vault 100 windows in a chase and use a second sprintburst/lithe).

So Sprintburst requires more managing, more precise gameplay and thus punishes mistakes much harder. Dead hard is very safe to use and has multiple uses without having to manage anything, even if it only buys you an extra second you otherwise wouldnt have.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

Sprint Burst is better for not taking chases at all. If one person has sprint burst, they're going to make it as far as the match goes. Because as killer, I'm going to see you use it and move on to the easiest target. But if every single person is running sprint burst, then it's as effective as if no one was running it. Truly I can just catch up and I don't believe it will generally buy you much more time.

In that way, it's great for solo players/lone wolf style players, but less so for team players. On that note, when it comes to SWFs, usually the person focusing gens the most is the one that runs it.

Otherwise, dead hard is superior. You can bait hits, mindgame and greatly extend chases.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Dead hard is more fun and corrects mistake awhile if you use sprint burst you cant be making mistakes.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

So that I can die harder

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

You do realize youre not supposed to walk with sb. You 99 your exhaustion.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Its because sprint burst is boring, dead hard is fun to use as it requires good timing to pull off correctly and just feels more interactive.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I did. My average is 99ing sb. For some reason, no one expects it. If I can 99 sb in a chase, I can prolong it by a lot.

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

Because Sprint Burst is better when you are coordinated. When you are in a swf team you know where the killer is so you don't have to crouch walk everywhere and can be very efficient with Sprint Burst.

On top of that, if you're playing solo and don't have a designated person to loop the killer, Dead Hard is way better for looping as it lets you undo a mistake and reach an extra loop.

Bottom line: Sprint Burst better in a team; Dead Hard better when solo.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited July 2020

My self-assessed winrate is higher with Sprint Burst because it's basically like getting on a train to the next loop. I like to pair it with fixated for obvious reasons. But if you still want to run without being chased, SB is also one of the only perks that makes Vigil a tolerable perk to combo with. With a 32-second cooldown, its usually back before the killer finds you on your generator.